• 182(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
(2021-05-04, 02:23)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - Are you going to maintain this skin?Big Grin This is another skin I sometimes use with Leia.

@shedrock, I took on making it Matrix compatible (not working on anything on Leia with this one), and I will see where this takes it.  I have always liked this skin and the menu configuration without addons.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-05-04, 12:41)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock, I took on making it Matrix compatible (not working on anything on Leia with this one), and I will see where this takes it.  I have always liked this skin and the menu configuration without addons.
Good to know. I have to at some point purchase a new system that would handle Matrix. Hopefully this year, then I can use these skins.

Thanks Bart,

Shedrock
(2021-05-03, 07:28)VonMagnum Wrote:
(2021-05-02, 23:53)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-05-01, 07:16)VonMagnum Wrote: I sent a link to the file.  The only ones I'm aware of offhand are .AVI and .WMV

There might be others, but I'm not sure what offhand.  Those are the two I have that present a problem here.
@VonMagnum , the changes for this are already on GitHub.  For this to work, you need the addon script.embuary.helper, which you can get from the Kodi repo.

So, if you are on Android and have script.embuary.helper, there is a new option in Xonfluence's skin settings:

If you enable that, then every time Xonfluence starts playing a video with AVI extension or WMV extension, it will disable hardware acceleration.  It will set hw acceleration to whatever value it had before you started playing the video when you stop playing it.

Please test and let me know how it is working for you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

No, it doesn't appear to work.  I installed the script.embruary.helper and checked the box and tested it on an .avi file that is choppy with hardware acceleration on and it made no difference.  If I manually turned it off, it was smooth as silk.

Edit:  I take that last part back.  That weird choppy pause (different from the video acceleration thing) seems to come and go at times still too (no idea what's causing it, but switching to Confluence instead makes it go away 100%).

My Nvidia Shield doesn’t seem to have that problem with the skin and odd pauses, but it also doesn’t really get choppy video with .AVI either way, so I can’t really test that aspect either on that device. It’s my 2nd gen FireTV 4K that has both issues.
@VonMagnum , could you please try the latest from GitHub? Than you for the screenshot you sent, I now am disabling the correct setting.  Please let me know if it is now working as you expect.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-05-04, 08:43)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2021-04-10, 00:32)jmh2002 Wrote: @bsoriano

THANKS Bart! You are awesome. I'd really like to help out but unfortunately I'm not running Matrix yet at all, not even for testing.

Hopefully someone will jump in here and test for you on Matrix Nod

I'm now starting the process of moving to Matrix, firstly with a Kodi portable installation.
(2021-05-02, 22:28)bsoriano Wrote: ...in the latest from GitHub, I have removed any addon dependency from Xonfluence.  So, now you do not need to have service.library.data.provider or script.favourites...

If you want to use/see favourites, or video node stats, you need to enable the addons in Xonfluence's skin settings

I have a stupid question Huh I can't enable the Favourites addon because with a fresh install of Kodi, it's no longer installed. So how should script.favourites now be installed? I tried installing it from https://kodi.tv/addon/libraries/favourites-script but that zip complains about python (I guess it's not the Matrix version).

THANKS Smile
@jmh2002 , could you please try the latest from GitHub? Xonfluence should now prompt you to install favourites if you enable it in the skin settings and you do not have the addon installed.  Please let me know if it is now working as you expect.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-05-04, 15:20)bsoriano Wrote: @jmh2002 , could you please try the latest from GitHub? Xonfluence should now prompt you to install favourites if you enable it in the skin settings and you do not have the addon installed.  Please let me know if it is now working as you expect. 

I enabled Favorites in Skin Settings > Scripts > Supported Addons and Scripts > Enable Favourites Script (bolded for other users to find) and I immediately got the pop up dialog to prompt me to install it. So yes it is now working perfectly.

THANKS Nod

I do have one personal request and I'll post it later when I find the original request to Helly quite some time ago and you can assess if you think it's reasonable.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2021-05-04, 21:34)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2021-05-04, 15:20)bsoriano Wrote: @jmh2002 , could you please try the latest from GitHub? Xonfluence should now prompt you to install favourites if you enable it in the skin settings and you do not have the addon installed.  Please let me know if it is now working as you expect. 

I enabled Favorites in Skin Settings > Scripts > Supported Addons and Scripts > Enable Favourites Script (bolded for other users to find) and I immediately got the pop up dialog to prompt me to install it. So yes it is now working perfectly.

THANKS Nod

I do have one personal request and I'll post it later when I find the original request to Helly quite some time ago and you can assess if you think it's reasonable.
@jmh2002 , thanks for confirming.  and of course I'll take a look at your request when you post it.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
@bsoriano
maybe you could look at fixing this issue:
https://github.com/Helly1206/skin.xonfluence/issues/52
(2021-05-04, 23:46)matthuisman Wrote: @bsoriano
@matthuisman , sure, I will take a look.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-05-04, 23:46)matthuisman Wrote: @bsoriano
@matthuisman , could you please try the latest from GitHub? I think I fixed it, albeit in a "hacky" way.  The only side effect from the fix is that the info shows immediately after start of playback, instead of 3 seconds in.  In my opinion, that is a lesser evil.

Please let me know if it is indeed fixed, and, if so, please close the issue on GitHub.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-05-04, 14:55)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-05-03, 07:28)VonMagnum Wrote:
(2021-05-02, 23:53)bsoriano Wrote: @VonMagnum , the changes for this are already on GitHub.  For this to work, you need the addon script.embuary.helper, which you can get from the Kodi repo.

So, if you are on Android and have script.embuary.helper, there is a new option in Xonfluence's skin settings:

If you enable that, then every time Xonfluence starts playing a video with AVI extension or WMV extension, it will disable hardware acceleration.  It will set hw acceleration to whatever value it had before you started playing the video when you stop playing it.

Please test and let me know how it is working for you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

No, it doesn't appear to work.  I installed the script.embruary.helper and checked the box and tested it on an .avi file that is choppy with hardware acceleration on and it made no difference.  If I manually turned it off, it was smooth as silk.

Edit:  I take that last part back.  That weird choppy pause (different from the video acceleration thing) seems to come and go at times still too (no idea what's causing it, but switching to Confluence instead makes it go away 100%).

My Nvidia Shield doesn’t seem to have that problem with the skin and odd pauses, but it also doesn’t really get choppy video with .AVI either way, so I can’t really test that aspect either on that device. It’s my 2nd gen FireTV 4K that has both issues.
@VonMagnum , could you please try the latest from GitHub? Than you for the screenshot you sent, I now am disabling the correct setting.  Please let me know if it is now working as you expect.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Sorry, there's no difference.  It doesn't appear to disable it.
THEATER: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
Bart, just a small note.

This link https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=315391 on your GitHub page here: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.xonfluence doesn't work.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
Hi Bart, here's my personal request for you to consider. It might be a bit confusing to explain. But it refers to the update of Kodi to Krypton and Xonfluence to v3.3.17

I posted about it here (way back in April 2017!): https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2578028 and Helly made a number of fixes in v3.3.18 here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2586088

But something that didn't get fixed and was then stated as the (new?) expected behaviour was a big change to the way the OSD progress/seek bar worked - it was made to be a very small size at the bottom right (or the top right if you have set: Skin Settings > General > Global options > Enable original confluence popup seek bar)

Prior to Krypton / v3.3.17 it was possible for the full size OSD progress/seek bar (plus Title, Duration, Codec Info, etc, but without buttons) to be displayed, both when seeking as well as when starting a video (if you have set: Skin Settings > General > Video OSD settings > Enable video OSD start playing introduction)

It would be great if it was possible to have the option of this full size OSD available again in these cases please.

Here's a current screenshot showing how it should look.
(this OSD still exists and is available from the "I" keyboard shortcut - it's just not used anymore in the above cases).

THANKS! Nod

(2017-04-28, 13:01)jmh2002 Wrote: @helly

After updating to Kodi Krypton, and to Xonfluence v3.3.17, and now having used it a while, I just wanted to report what seem to be some issues, or at the very least changed behaviour compared to Xonfluence running on Kodi Jarvis.

* When jumping forward or back in a video the Progress Bar, Codec Info, Player Controls, etc are not displayed.
It is no longer possible to easily see the video duration like before, or easily see where you are jumping to in the video.
Only a mini OSD displayed in the bottom right hand corner, as follows:

- NB: in all cases the option "Enable original popup confluence seekbar" is DISABLED for these tests.

*A similar issue also occurs when the "Enable video OSD start playing introduction" is ENABLED.
Only a limited OSD is displayed with the Title and Codec Info, but no Progress Bar, Player Controls, etc, as follows:

(2021-04-13, 12:48)Mudislander Wrote: Proud to see there is still interest in this skin. Just checked my first post for CCM was on 2013-03-23. Never imagined it would still be popular...

(2021-05-04, 12:41)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-05-04, 02:23)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - Are you going to maintain this skin?Big Grin This is another skin I sometimes use with Leia.

@shedrock, I took on making it Matrix compatible (not working on anything on Leia with this one), and I will see where this takes it.  I have always liked this skin and the menu configuration without addons.

Regards,

Bart

It's always been a very practical skin in my opinion, even if it might not be the flashiest compared to some others now.
It's also interesting to see how people are coming out of the woodwork now that the skin is being updated for Matrix. I think there are A LOT more people still using this skin than is fully appreciated.

And since Mudislander added the optional floor buttons and some other tweaks at my request way back when the skin was still CCM / Confluence Custom Mod (and which Helly kindly carried over into Xonfluence too) it created the HUGE advantage of being able to run the same skin across multiple different devices, both large and small, as well as touchscreens too.

And this made the skin very user friendly for different family members who could then go from the big TV screen in the lounge to their small tablet (or even phone) all while keeping the same familiar interface.

In addition to the big screen TV in the lounge, some mid size TV's scattered around, plus a few laptops, and a touchscreen kitchen tablet, believe it or not I also even run this skin on a repurposed old phone which only has a 5.1in screen - a Samsung Galaxy S5 from 2014 (although that 'old' phone does just happen to be rooted and running LineageOS 17.1 / Android 10 Big Grin )

So once again a VERY BIG THANKS to @Mudislander, @Helly1206, and now @bsoriano for keeping this skin alive for over 8 years!

Angel Angel Angel
(2021-05-05, 09:27)jmh2002 Wrote: Hi Bart, here's my personal request for you to consider. It might be a bit confusing to explain. But it refers to the update of Kodi to Krypton and Xonfluence to v3.3.17

I posted about it here (way back in April 2017!): https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2578028 and Helly made a number of fixes in v3.3.18 here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2586088

But something that didn't get fixed and was then stated as the (new?) expected behaviour was a big change to the way the OSD progress/seek bar worked - it was made to be a very small size at the bottom right (or the top right if you have set: Skin Settings > General > Global options > Enable original confluence popup seek bar)

Prior to Krypton / v3.3.17 it was possible for the full size OSD progress/seek bar (plus Title, Duration, Codec Info, etc, but without buttons) to be displayed, both when seeking as well as when starting a video (if you have set: Skin Settings > General > Video OSD settings > Enable video OSD start playing introduction)

It would be great if it was possible to have the option of this full size OSD available again in these cases please.

Here's a current screenshot showing how it should look.
(this OSD still exists and is available from the "I" keyboard shortcut - it's just not used anymore in the above cases).

THANKS! Nod

(2017-04-28, 13:01)jmh2002 Wrote: @helly

After updating to Kodi Krypton, and to Xonfluence v3.3.17, and now having used it a while, I just wanted to report what seem to be some issues, or at the very least changed behaviour compared to Xonfluence running on Kodi Jarvis.

* When jumping forward or back in a video the Progress Bar, Codec Info, Player Controls, etc are not displayed.
It is no longer possible to easily see the video duration like before, or easily see where you are jumping to in the video.
Only a mini OSD displayed in the bottom right hand corner, as follows:

- NB: in all cases the option "Enable original popup confluence seekbar" is DISABLED for these tests.

*A similar issue also occurs when the "Enable video OSD start playing introduction" is ENABLED.
Only a limited OSD is displayed with the Title and Codec Info, but no Progress Bar, Player Controls, etc, as follows:

@jmh2002, thanks for the request.  I will add settings to enable showing the seek bar in the cases that you mention.  I will work on this today.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-05-05, 08:05)jmh2002 Wrote: Bart, just a small note.

This link https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=315391 on your GitHub page here: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.xonfluence doesn't work.
@jmh2002, thanks for pointing this out.  I will change it to the correct link.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
  • 182(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13