v19 Don't want the new player progress bar at top of the screen
After updating to Kodi 19.0 a couple of days ago, now there is a simplified progress bar at the top of the screen when I pause, skip forward, or skip backward while playing a video.  Previously, these actions showed a more detailed progress bar at the bottom of the screen, which I prefer.

How can I get that previous behavior again?

I am using keyboard control (wireless keyboard with touchpad), in Windows 10, version 20H2.  Kodi 19.0, default Estuary skin.

I use the spacebar to pause, plus left and right arrows to skip back and forward.  Pressing Enter twice or touching the touchpad causes the video to pause with the progress bar at the bottom, like I want.  I spent time going through every option in Kodi, and found nothing to help me with this.  I use the Keymap Editor add-on, but it has not been a help with this issue.  It seems to be a change in the player and/or the default skin.

While I can annoyingly press Enter twice instead of the spacebar once to get the Pause display I want, I have not found a similar work around for the the skip back and forward.

I'm surprised that my search results of the forum on this have not come up with anything.  Is anyone else seeing this also?  How can I go back to the previous progress bar behavior without downgrading Kodi?

Thank you for your attention.
(2021-05-05, 10:19)Windrider6 Wrote: How can I go back to the previous progress bar behavior without downgrading Kodi?

You can't. It's an integrated part of the Estuary skin in v19 that has no options or selections. The progress bar was placed at the top because plenty of users complained that it totally obscured displayed subtitles.

Perhaps there is an alternate skin that will meet your needs.
Your only option is to use this mod https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=356349 which has an option restore how it was before.
Personally, i  consider position on top (and hiding showing full picture after some seconds) a massive improvement. To each their own, i guess.
(2021-05-05, 15:14)Atreyu Wrote: Personally, i  consider position on top (and hiding showing full picture after some seconds) a massive improvement. To each their own, i guess.
+1 here. Progress bar on top is much better IMO.
(2021-05-05, 10:42)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-05-05, 10:19)Windrider6 Wrote: How can I go back to the previous progress bar behavior without downgrading Kodi?

You can't. It's an integrated part of the Estuary skin in v19 that has no options or selections. The progress bar was placed at the top because plenty of users complained that it totally obscured displayed subtitles.

Perhaps there is an alternate skin that will meet your needs.
I understand, especially since I use subtitles also often.  I will try to adjust my thinking before trying anything.
Thank you.
I don't like this either. When forward/backward, my Sony TV pops up the information bar about resolution change also at the top, which covers the progress bar. This is very annoying.
(2022-03-11, 04:46)RuralHunter Wrote: When forward/backward, my Sony TV pops up the information bar about resolution change also at the top, which covers the progress bar. This is very annoying.

Since we are not the Sony support forum, I suggest you file a complaint at Sony on this. Having their information bar pop up unnecessarily is not Kodi's doing. The screen resolution does not change on a TV when Kodi is pausing or RW/FF a video. This also doesn't seem to happen to other TV brands, so I'd say: go nag Sony.
How can I get that previous behavior again? you could replace Custom_1109_TopBarOverlay.xml with one from older skin
Custom_1109_TopBarOverlay.xml
xml:

<control type="progress">
                <left>0</left>
                <top>55</top>
                <width>100%</width>
                <height>16</height>
                <info>Player.ProgressCache</info>
                <texturebg border="3" colordiffuse="60FFFFFF">colors/white50.png</texturebg>
                <midtexture>colors/white50.png</midtexture>
                <visible>!VideoPlayer.Content(LiveTV)</visible>
            </control>
            <control type="progress">
                <left>0</left>
                <top>55</top>
                <width>100%</width>
                <height>16</height>
                <info>Player.Progress</info>
                <texturebg border="3" colordiffuse="60FFFFFF">colors/white50.png</texturebg>
                <midtexture colordiffuse="button_focus">colors/white.png</midtexture>
                <visible>!VideoPlayer.Content(LiveTV)</visible>
            </control>
            <control type="slider">
                <left>0</left>
                <top>50</top>
                <width>100%</width>
                <height>26</height>
                <texturesliderbar colordiffuse="00FFFFFF">osd/progress/nub_bar.png</texturesliderbar>
                <textureslidernib colordiffuse="button_focus">osd/progress/nub_bar.png</textureslidernib>
                <textureslidernibfocus colordiffuse="button_focus">colors/white.png</textureslidernibfocus>
                <info>Player.Seekbar</info>
                <visible>!VideoPlayer.Content(LiveTV) + [Player.Seeking | Player.DisplayAfterSeek]</visible>
            </control>

(2021-05-05, 10:19)Windrider6 Wrote: After updating to Kodi 19.0 a couple of days ago, now there is a simplified progress bar at the top of the screen when I pause, skip forward, or skip backward while playing a video.  Previously, these actions showed a more detailed progress bar at the bottom of the screen, which I prefer.
Do you really need to see any UI feedback for those actions in the normal case? I don't, and I add this to the top of Estuary's DialogSeekBar.xml after the "visible" declarations to get rid of it:

Code:
<visible>Player.ShowInfo | Window.IsActive(fullscreeninfo) | Window.IsActive(videoosd) | Window.IsActive(musicosd) | Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding</visible>

I can still bring up the info screen when paused, so nothing is lost as far as I'm concerned.
(2022-03-11, 04:56)Klojum Wrote:
(2022-03-11, 04:46)RuralHunter Wrote: When forward/backward, my Sony TV pops up the information bar about resolution change also at the top, which covers the progress bar. This is very annoying.

Since we are not the Sony support forum, I suggest you file a complaint at Sony on this. Having their information bar pop up unnecessarily is not Kodi's doing. The screen resolution does not change on a TV when Kodi is pausing or RW/FF a video. This also doesn't seem to happen to other TV brands, so I'd say: go nag Sony.
Well, I respect your opinion but I think adding an option to set the position of the seek bar doesn't hurt anyone.
(2022-03-17, 16:04)RuralHunter Wrote: I think adding an option to set the position of the seek bar doesn't hurt anyone.

Options are a possibility, but the default Estuary skin will not receive such an option.
Have a look at on of the Estuary-forked skins, perhaps they will be more to your liking.
I already linked to an Estuary mod in Post#3 that has an option to revert to the old style seekbar.
Sure, you can add as many options as wanted into the skin settings.  But each option needs to be explained, generally with a localized text help line which means you need translators for all the Kodi languages or if you provide English only that isn't always the most helpful either.  Having lots of options makes maintenance more difficult, since you need to consider and test all possible combinations to avoid bugs.

scott s.
You can't do it. It's a built-in feature of the Estuary skin in version 19 with no choices or preferences. Because several users reported that the progress bar completely concealed the displayed subtitles, it was moved to the top.

Perhaps there is another skin that will suit your requirements.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Don't want the new player progress bar at top of the screen0