Solved Kodi crashes on startup
Afternoon all,

Version - Kodi V19.0
OS - Windows 10 1909;
CPU - i5-4690, 64-bit
RAM - 16384MB
Steps to reproduce: Start Kodi.

Been using Kodi happily in its vanilla form as a really useful DLNA/UPnP server for years. The latest update appears to have broken it for me, though. It loads up, we see the splash screen, then a couple seconds, then it's all gone, nothin'.

Even tried entirely deleting %APPDATA%/Kodi to let it regenerate a clean profile, assuming I had some dumb library path or something in there, and it crashes much the same. Sadly, the advanced log doesn't seem to indicate anything wrong to me:

https://paste.kodi.tv/icumeficud.kodi

Any ideas or help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Looks like something 'joystick'. Unplug devices that might be construed as joystick. I note FTL: Starting Kodi (18.9 (18.9.0) you might have a version scramble, suggest installing in portable mode.
(2021-05-06, 22:04)PatK Wrote: Looks like something 'joystick'. Unplug devices that might be construed as joystick. I note FTL: Starting Kodi (18.9 (18.9.0) you might have a version scramble, suggest installing in portable mode.

Ain't nothing joystick (or anything new at all) plugged in. However, that version thing was definitely the weird problem. Even though the Kodi start splash screen indicated '19.0', I guess something was going on there. Portable mode you linked to worked, so I then made the point of totally uninstalling then reinstalling Kodi, and it works fine now! I guess Chocolatey might've been to blame for some unclean updating there. Thanks for the help.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi crashes on startup0