• 25(current)
[RELEASE] ITV Player 1.10
Anyone else having issues with this? Anything from about the 28th April just keeps saying not available. Previous to this date plays fine
(2021-04-30, 20:56)custardpowder Wrote: Anyone else having issues with this? Anything from about the 28th April just keeps saying not available. Previous to this date plays fine

Yeah same here , the wife said it hasn't been working for the past few days.
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

I was thinking about trying to fix this add-on in fact I raised a thread on it elsewhere. The shows part of this add-on did work until last week when it appears something changed front end as streams are now in an unsupported protocol. Apart from the shows prior to last Wednesday nothing in this add-on now works.

It's been said in this thread that this add-on could form part of the official Kodi repository but there is something to consider here. ITV currently make a charge for ITV Hub+, their add free service, but this Kodi add-on offers add free for nothing. It's therefore possible that you would get an objection from ITV,  so would Kodi actually allow it into their official repository?
(2021-05-03, 14:30)chrissxuk Wrote: I was thinking about trying to fix this add-on in fact I raised a thread on it elsewhere. The shows part of this add-on did work until last week when it appears something changed front end as streams are now in an unsupported protocol. Apart from the shows prior to last Wednesday nothing in this add-on now works.

It's been said in this thread that this add-on could form part of the official Kodi repository but there is something to consider here. ITV currently make a charge for ITV Hub+, their add free service, but this Kodi add-on offers add free for nothing. It's therefore possible that you would get an objection from ITV,  so would Kodi actually allow it into their official repository?

If it’s now an unsupported format can it be fixed? This is probably my most used app
(2021-05-03, 14:30)chrissxuk Wrote: It's been said in this thread that this add-on could form part of the official Kodi repository but there is something to consider here. ITV currently make a charge for ITV Hub+, their add free service, but this Kodi add-on offers add free for nothing. It's therefore possible that you would get an objection from ITV,  so would Kodi actually allow it into their official repository?
It doesn't really need to be part of the official repo (as it never was previously), I think people would just be happy with a working version for Matrix.
(2021-05-03, 14:50)custardpowder Wrote:
(2021-05-03, 14:30)chrissxuk Wrote: I was thinking about trying to fix this add-on in fact I raised a thread on it elsewhere. The shows part of this add-on did work until last week when it appears something changed front end as streams are now in an unsupported protocol. Apart from the shows prior to last Wednesday nothing in this add-on now works.

If it’s now an unsupported format can it be fixed? This is probably my most used app
In the words of Dana White "Anything can be changed. Anything can be fixed. Things that are broken can be fixed. And you don't have to be some billionaire or millionaire to do it. You just have to be a person with a vision and the passion to do it, and be willing to fight for it every day."
Good afternoon all,

So I forked the repo from Littlewiz and I am in the progress of upgrading it so it works with Kodi 19 Matrix.

I seem to have all the streams working now but I'm not quite ready to submit a pull request yet back to the original repo.

Live TV and categories still don't work but I don't think they worked before with Kodi 18 either.

The biggest issue here is that my changes are not backwards compatible with Kodi 18 so for users that are not on the latest version I'm not sure my fix will help them out much.

Is the original plugin developer still around?

I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Cheers!
(2021-05-06, 22:50)dr_torch Wrote: Good afternoon all,

So I forked the repo from Littlewiz and I am in the progress of upgrading it so it works with Kodi 19 Matrix.

I seem to have all the streams working now but I'm not quite ready to submit a pull request yet back to the original repo.

Live TV and categories still don't work but I don't think they worked before with Kodi 18 either.

The biggest issue here is that my changes are not backwards compatible with Kodi 18 so for users that are not on the latest version I'm not sure my fix will help them out much.

Cheers!
That's good news you beat me to it as I've been a bit tied up lately. There was so much not working in the add-on. The only thing working until recently was the shows category. All shows prior to the 28th April still do work but after that everything stopped.

If you just get the shows working again in 19 that would be brilliant.  

Littlewiz disappeared in 2018 but he wasn't the original developer. I think it's just been abandoned. Can you still do this if there's no response to a pull request?
(2021-05-07, 00:43)chrissxuk Wrote:

Cheers!
That's good news you beat me to it as I've been a bit tied up lately. There was so much not working in the add-on. The only thing working until recently was the shows category. All shows prior to the 28th April still do work but after that everything stopped.

Littlewiz disappeared in 2018 but he wasn't the original developer. I think it's just been abandoned. Can you still do this if there's no response to a pull request?

I think I would either have to upload a zip file or create my own Kodi repo. I'd have to look into how to do the latter.

The shows seem to work now for me. The categories seem broken and the Live TV is broken too. I'm going to look into the Live TV tomorrow in case I can see an easy fix.

Either way I can provide a zip file for you to try tomorrow if that would help and then I can look into how to host a repo.
(2021-05-07, 00:54)dr_torch Wrote:
(2021-05-07, 00:43)chrissxuk Wrote:

Cheers!

I think I would either have to upload a zip file or create my own Kodi repo. I'd have to look into how to do the latter.

The shows seem to work now for me. The categories seem broken and the Live TV is broken too. I'm going to look into the Live TV tomorrow in case I can see an easy fix.

Either way I can provide a zip file for you to try tomorrow if that would help and then I can look into how to host a repo.

Please do provide the zip and I will test. What was the issue with the shows that you fixed?
The issue is that when we send the POST request to get the stream variants we get the following message back:

json:
Failed to get variant availability from Thor: too many results

Now I am not totally sure what formats Kodi accepts for the stream, however I noticed that if I put "youview" in the platformTag instead of "dotcom" then I get some valid results back.

I updated live TV to take an HLS stream and I get a stream returned from ITV however when Kodi attempts to play this stream it gets a 404 back which I find odd.  I'm happy to take some advice on how to move forward with that one Smile
You can download my changes with this link https://github.com/mcowell/catchup4kodi/..._3.0.0.zip

You MUST remove the old add-on first as I have externalized the dependencies so Kodi will pull them in on the first use.

Let me know if you have any problems and please post a log in debug mode so I can take a look.  Thanks Smile
(2021-05-07, 20:49)dr_torch Wrote: I updated live TV to take an HLS stream and I get a stream returned from ITV however when Kodi attempts to play this stream it gets a 404 back which I find odd.  I'm happy to take some advice on how to move forward with that one Smile
Try to download the hls manifest in the browser, some streaming platform may return a 404 code to kodi and ffmpeg user-agent
|Kodi 19 on Coreelec | My Repo |
If you want to donate you can do it via this paypal link HERE
(2021-05-07, 20:55)dr_torch Wrote: You can download my changes with this link https://github.com/mcowell/catchup4kodi/..._3.0.0.zip

You MUST remove the old add-on first as I have externalized the dependencies so Kodi will pull them in on the first use.

Let me know if you have any problems and please post a log in debug mode so I can take a look.  Thanks Smile
Just tried out the Catchup on Matrix & it's works great! Thanks for working on this, it's much appreciated  Smile
Just a couple of minor things I've noticed, in Shows we have duplicate listings where the show starts "The", so for "The Chase" it is listed under both "C" and "T".

Also, in Main Page & Shows view the Date is returned as either "2012" or Blank. Main Page should always be Blank & ideally Shows should be the correct year, or if this is not possible just Blank.

But aside from these slight cosmetic issues the streams all seem to work perfectly fine.
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] ITV Player 1.100