• 48(current)
Release YouTube
Anyone else getting "Client ID is incorrect"? I'm using Kodi on Lubuntu and following this tutorial: https://kodibeginner.com/setup-personal-...tube-kodi/
I copy and pasted everything, so it's not like i mistyped anything.
I have 2 old i5 Intel NUC's, both running Libreelec 10.0 b2 (9.95.2) (kodi 19). The YouTube addon (6.8.10-matrix) has been running great, but last night I tried to play one of My Subscription videos and it had no sound on both of my Intel NUCs. It has sound on my Windows 10 Desktop computer. Can someone here try it with the YouTube addon and see if there is sound.

Here's a link to the video with no sound:

Parking Revenge #132

Edit: On the video linked above, there were comments similar to mine. It seems it's YouTube's fault. You can disregard this post.
(2021-05-07, 19:25)u2020bullet Wrote: Anyone else getting "Client ID is incorrect"? I'm using Kodi on Lubuntu and following this tutorial: https://kodibeginner.com/setup-personal-...tube-kodi/
I copy and pasted everything, so it's not like i mistyped anything.

Since there's no "edit" button, i'll be replying to my own post. Anyone else with this issue and is 100% they did everything right, just reinstall the addon, don't try with brand new credentials as for some reason the addon can't deal with different ones and they will require a fresh reinstall.
(2021-04-06, 01:28)djgrind Wrote:
(2021-04-04, 08:05)pepetrueno Wrote:
(2021-04-02, 01:33)djgrind Wrote: Hey guys, just wondering if its just me or a global thing. Fanart (background) hasn't been showing in the youtube addon for a few months now. Is something broken or is it just on my end?

Same thing here, it's a pain when you are browsing videos from all your subscriptions and want to identify which channel each belongs to.
In fact, I created an account in this forum just to ask this very same question.
It has either been broken for a very long time, or the setting hidden somewhere I can find.
I'm using the Confluence theme.

Hey thanks for the reply. Would you mind linking me to your post so I can follow it incase anymore comes across a fix?
Sorry about the late reply.
I don't know where my post is.

This forum is a nightmare, a cacophony of 1000 voices.
There should be a different thread for each issue, this is unmanageable.
Your other post is a few pages back in this thread (here).

If there were different threads for each issue on each addon, then it would be a complete nightmare as it would be a tsunami of posts every day.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hi, since a a week or two, I get what seems like super-throttled videos in some cases. It's not general for all, it's a few videos only.. and it keeps staying with the same videos if I try later, so it's not a general internet issue it seems.. at first I thought YouTube has started using some new encoding format that Kodi can't play correctly, but the Youtube plugin also shows a slow buffering (the circle widget "fills" slowly) which makes me think it's actually fetching the datastream slowly from YouTube.

I'm using 6.8.10-matrix.1 on the Kodi 20 nightly release. No (interesting) things in kodi.log.. it's just slow. No particular CPU load either.

Anybody else? Smile Can the custom API keys throttle like this? But it makes no sense that only some files are hit in that case..
(2021-05-08, 16:47)DarrenHill Wrote: Your other post is a few pages back in this thread (here).

If there were different threads for each issue on each addon, then it would be a complete nightmare as it would be a tsunami of posts every day.
Not at all, if each message is hast its own thread, it would be easy to follow a conversation instead of going through pages and pages of so many people talking about different things.
Have you seen Reddit? Something similar to a Reddit sub would be ideal.
Reddit is a disaster for trying to follow as a support thread.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2021-05-09, 03:11)jmh2002 Wrote: Reddit is a disaster for trying to follow as a support thread.

Let's say I have a problem with the Youtube addon. In my case, the channel's fanart is not showing up.
So I go to a search engine and write "kodi youtube fanart doesn't show up".

If someone else had this problem before, I will get a link to one of hundreds of pages in this forum.
Then I will have to look forward and backwards, reading so many unrelated messages, wasting hours of time in the process.
Most people just give up and post the same question again, making the thread even bigger and making it harder for more users to find answers to their problems.

Now, imagine that the link took me to a particular message thread of a forum similar to Reddit.
I would be able to easily read the message, its parents, replies, etc. without going through hundreds of unrelated messages.
I would also be able to add a message to the ongoing discussion. And even if it is very old, the people involved would be able to catch up quickly, without going through hundreds of pages to refresh their memory.
So I won't have to post the same question again, as someone else did before.
In the current set-up, your post/issue is all in one thread, albeit maybe a page or two back if it's been a few days since you last posted.

In a thread per issue, you'd find it (if you search for it) several pages back in the forum section given the amount of posts per day we get here. Also you would have many duplicate threads with exactly the same issue in it over and over again if it's a recurring problem, whereas with the current set-up again everything is localised and there's a single thread to review (mostly anyway).

And to help, if you click on your username to the left of one of your posts to access your profile, there are handy buttons for "find all posts" and "find all threads", allowing you to find all your own posts and threads quickly and easily.

Lastly if we had a thread per person per issue, the forum would be an uncontrollable mess that we wouldn't have a hope in hell of moderating and running without at least a 100x increase in team members, which we don't have. So it will be staying exactly as it is, like almost all forums on the net. Reddit is not a good example to give, as that is indeed an utter disaster to try and follow most of the time.

Anyway we're digressing this thread, so back to YouTube support...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-05-09, 10:31)DarrenHill Wrote: In the current set-up, your post/issue is all in one thread, albeit maybe a page or two back if it's been a few days since you last posted.

In a thread per issue, you'd find it (if you search for it) several pages back in the forum section given the amount of posts per day we get here. Also you would have many duplicate threads with exactly the same issue in it over and over again if it's a recurring problem, whereas with the current set-up again everything is localised and there's a single thread to review (mostly anyway).

And to help, if you click on your username to the left of one of your posts to access your profile, there are handy buttons for "find all posts" and "find all threads", allowing you to find all your own posts and threads quickly and easily.

Lastly if we had a thread per person per issue, the forum would be an uncontrollable mess that we wouldn't have a hope in hell of moderating and running without at least a 100x increase in team members, which we don't have. So it will be staying exactly as it is, like almost all forums on the net. Reddit is not a good example to give, as that is indeed an utter disaster to try and follow most of the time.

Anyway we're digressing this thread, so back to YouTube support...
The problem is in the current setup everything is in a single thread that currently spans more than 700 messages.
Messages of different topics are all mixed up, so following a discussion requires going through so many unrelated messages.
I can't see how this is easier to follow than having a thread per topic (I never said we should have a thread per person per issue, where did you get that from?).
I'm not saying we should use Reddit, there are many options out there that would solve this problem.
Regarding moderation, I don't know what kind of moderation is going on here, but I would assume all those bulletin board include some form of moderation.
I think its worth it to evaluate all available options and use the best one.
(2021-05-10, 00:56)pepetrueno Wrote:
(2021-05-09, 10:31)DarrenHill Wrote: The problem is in the current setup everything is in a single thread that currently spans more than 700 messages.
Messages of different topics are all mixed up, so following a discussion requires going through so many unrelated messages.
I can't see how this is easier to follow than having a thread per topic (I never said we should have a thread per person per issue, where did you get that from?).
I'm not saying we should use Reddit, there are many options out there that would solve this problem.
Regarding moderation, I don't know what kind of moderation is going on here, but I would assume all those bulletin board include some form of moderation.
I think its worth it to evaluate all available options and use the best one.
Guys this plugin already is on GitHub with its standard Issue Tracker with a single discussion per Issue. It's exactly what you are looking for:

https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.video.youtube

The problem is that with 0.1 persons working on the plugin and almost nobody else reading those Issues, it's not going to work better than this forum I guess. 

I took a brief look at the issues listed there (around 57) and most of them are Open Bugs with confusing bug descriptions and no discussions really. So it's not going to help putting Issues there I think unless a couple of programmers step up and decide to help with the project..
I would point out that 1 of 389264 members have asked for this, so it's not going to happen.

Kodi Blog Posts
I can see where @pepetrueno is coming from and in an ideal world, the GitHub issue tracking as mentioned by @kodden would work. But as this add-on is supported by a single developer who has limited time, I can understand why this thread is the best approach at the moment.
New trouble! Folder "Live" is always empty now, even when live stream is present.
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube0