• 14(current)
Release IPTV Merge
(2021-04-29, 03:07)matthuisman Wrote: IPTV Merge 0.15.8 adds supports for x-tvg-url and url-tvg on the #EXTM3U line
Multiple urls can be provided using a , to seperated

Hello Matthuisman,

I think could be an issue with google drive links. 

With the EPG feature of the IPTV Merge, google drive links work perfectly.

With the tag "url-tvg=" if the url is a google drive link, the EPG is not loaded. Kodi error log: "T:8460    ERROR <general>: AddOnLog: pvr.iptvsimple: pvr.iptvsimple - iptvsimple::Epg::LoadChannelEpgs - EPG channels not found."

If you want I can provide you the complete log, with EPG feature and with "url-tvg=".

Thanks
Without starting another argument. Thanks for getting my issue sorted! It all plays nicely
@Iluso
please pm me the playlist file so I can test
(2021-05-10, 12:35)matthuisman Wrote: @Iluso

Sent. Let me know if is enough.
(2021-05-10, 13:04)Iluso Wrote:

I havnt received any message from you...
Did you forget to hit send?

Actually, you may not need to due to the below

Just pushed 0.16.4
 - this adds support for shared Google Drive URLS (even large files that show warning)
 - new "Auto" archive type which is also now the default archive type.
   This simply means that Merge will try to detect the type from the filename.
   You can still force a type via editing the source

with that update - you should be able to use google drive urls and even use .xz or .gz compressed google drive links too
any epg urls from playlist are set to "Auto"
(2021-05-10, 20:07)matthuisman Wrote:
(2021-05-10, 13:04)Iluso Wrote:

I havnt received any message from you...
Did you forget to hit send?

Actually, you may not need to due to the below

Just pushed 0.16.4
 - this adds support for shared Google Drive URLS (even large files that show warning)
 - new "Auto" archive type which is also now the default archive type.
   This simply means that Merge will try to detect the type from the filename.
   You can still force a type via editing the source

with that update - you should be able to use google drive urls and even use .xz or .gz compressed google drive links too
any epg urls from playlist are set to "Auto"

You were right, I didn't click "send". Are those stupid things that sometimes happen. My apologies.

Even that you mentioned not to, I send a PM just to be sure that I could do it (I saw that my outbox has a copy now).

I have tested your changes and now works. I have tested a unique url-tag with a .xz file. A 2[sup]nd[/sup] test with url-tag and two urls (.xz and .gz). A 3[sup]rd[/sup] test with the feature of EPG and without url-tag. All have worked.

Just one question, on the Playlists feature now I have a new entry called “Source: special://userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.iptv.merge/epg.xml”. I know that this where you store all the EPG data downloaded but this entry has an error message: “invalid playlist – Does not start with # EXTM3U”.

For me this is not a problem but is just to inform you.

Thanks for the enhancement.
Oh.you can delete that source.

Its because I make it import any existing sources from IPTV simple when it sets itself up.

It does do a check so it doesn't add itself but I changed the path recently so it must have got confused.
Hey, two questions:
1. How does group order override in the settings work?
2. I configured some custom channel logos that are located on my harddisk, they are all correctly shown in the addon but some are not shown in the KODI UI. Do the path have to be set in qotes ore something?
Manjaro Linux @ minisforum UM690S / KODI 'Nexus'
1)

Groups are what show at top of the EPG window and can be see via the channels side panel.

basically IPTV Simple will order the group names in order it first sees them in the playlist.

So, that may be  Movies > Sports > Blah
Some people want Sports to be the first group shown.

Any group names put in group order override  get added to the top of the file thus making IPTV Simple list them first.
So, if you wanted Sports then Blah then Movies, you would put "Sports;Blah;Movies"
Any groups not in that will just be ordered as they show in the file.

Now Kodi remembers group order and doesn't refresh it - so you need to go to Kodi settings > PVR > Clear data after changing the setting.

2) How did you set those logos in IPTV merge? via Manage TV? and they show correctly in manage tv?
just pushed 0.16.8

this adds a new "HTTP API Server" setting.
If you enable that, IPTV Merge will start a HTTP server that can be used to fetch the merged playlist and epg via HTTP.

This allows you to just have IPTV Merge running on 1x Kodi device.
Then all other Kodi instances can just use the HTTP URL directly in IPTV Simple client.
No need to be running IPTV Merge on every device.

Once you enable it, on the main menu there will be a list item called "HTTP API Running"
Clicking that will give you the URLS to use in your other devices IPTV Simple settings.

There is also a "HTTP Request Forces Merge" setting (default off)
If you enable this, every time the URL is called - a merge is run and then the new data is returned.
You probably don't want this. 
Better to have merge running on the timer and other clients just pull that merge data.
If you do enable it, I suggest turning off "Auto Merge Sources".

Note: 
For now, if the merge is relying on certain installed plugins - they will need to be on all devices..
I'm working on a way around this though Smile

thanks @phunkyfish for the idea!!
@matthuisman
1. So if I got it right the delimiter for the group ordering is a comma?
2. Yes, I used the right click option for the channel logo under Manage TV. Would be handy if there'd be a browse dialog to search and set the logo. Maybe I got the path wrong...

Furthermore, would it be possible to add an option for sorting the channels in the playlist? Just to be independent from the Kodi sorting which isn't remembered sometimes when the playlist changes.
(2021-05-14, 09:38)C.O.D. Wrote: @matthuisman
1. So if I got it right the delimiter for the group ordering is a comma?
2. Yes, I used the right click option for the channel logo under Manage TV. Would be handy if there'd be a browse dialog to search and set the logo. Maybe I got the path wrong...

Furthermore, would it be possible to add an option for sorting the channels in the playlist? Just to be independent from the Kodi sorting which isn't remembered sometimes when the playlist changes.
1) yes, comma No, sorry - semi-colon is the delimiter between group names
2) If the logo is showing in Merge, then the path is right. Yes, a browse dialog would be good - but that doesnt work for HTTP urls...
    I suspect it may be an IPTV Simple setting. I found a small issue other day that if IPTV Simple had a logo path set, it would ignore logo paths of logos.
   Can you check there isn't a logo path set in IPTV Simple? If so, try to remove it and see if that fixes it.
3) IPTV Merge orders channels by their channel number. You can change channel numbers via the context menu on a channel.
   Plugins are limited to what they can do. It can't really make any other way to easily move / change order of channels.
@matthuisman
2. Removing the logo path in Simple Client did it - cool!
3. Channel ordering via channel numbers did it too - more cool!

Thanks a lot for the comprehensive answers brother, I really like your addon - great helper! Rofl
(2021-05-14, 10:37)C.O.D. Wrote: @matthuisman
2. Removing the logo path in Simple Client did it - cool!
3. Channel ordering via channel numbers did it too - more cool!

Thanks a lot for the comprehensive answers brother, I really like your addon - great helper! Rofl
no worries

had you set the logo path at some stage? 
Or did something else set it?

That issue was actually fixed in Simple Client v7.6.4 (but only Matrix)
I have a problem with the new version 0.16.8. Some of my add-ons have stopped working with IPTV Merge (for example this add-on).
The log contains the message invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'o'.
So I went back to version 0.16.5 - it works smoothly. But in this case your RADIO AU add-on has stopped working - there is a message "1" in the log.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPTV Merge0