Add Xonfluence to KODI Repo
Hi, this has probably been asked many times.

But is there any way the KODI devs could take on updating the Xonfluence skin and add it to the KODI repo?  Pleeeeeeaaaaaase.

It is by far the best skin for KODI in my opinion, but others may disagree.

The Estuary skin is a total mess to me and many others on the forums.

Helly has stopped supporting Xonfluence but as it based on Confluence anyway, surely the Devs could keep it updated for future KODI versions?
(2021-05-20, 12:10)Rudders Wrote: Hi, this has probably been asked many times.

But is there any way the KODI devs could take on updating the Xonfluence skin and add it to the KODI repo?  Pleeeeeeaaaaaase.

It is by far the best skin for KODI in my opinion, but others may disagree.

The Estuary skin is a total mess to me and many others on the forums.

Helly has stopped supporting Xonfluence but as it based on Confluence anyway, surely the Devs could keep it updated for future KODI versions?

Here is a updated version for kodi 19 https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.xonfluence
I have been using that version but it still has issues.  Also if Bart gives up like Helly due to lack of time and life events it may eventually die.

As Team KODI have Confluence it would best if they could take Xonfluence onboard and you know would it stand the test of time always being updated along side Confluence.
The author or maintainer would have to submit it to the repo for inclusion as the first step. We can't just "take" it...

It would then be reviewed for suitability, and if it passes the checks then it could be included.

Confluence was written by team members, some of whom have since retired. It is no longer our default skin anyway, as it has been replaced by Estuary (and Etouchy for touchscreen devices).

In any case this section is for Kodi core feature requests, not for addon ones. You would be better off posting into the Xonfluence/Confluence section and trying to get someone to take over the skin as its maintainer. I'll move this thread to that section.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-05-20, 14:37)Rudders Wrote: I have been using that version but it still has issues.  Also if Bart gives up like Helly due to lack of time and life events it may eventually die.

As Team KODI have Confluence it would best if they could take Xonfluence onboard and you know would it stand the test of time always being updated along side Confluence.
@Rudders , I am committed to updating Xonfluence with all of the skinning engine changes for Matrix, and have been fixing issues (please let me know all of the issues that you have found so I can fix them), and have completed one or two feature requests.

You are correct that time and life events can get in the way of skinning, given that we do this on our own free time, and at no cost to anyone.  You can be sure, however, that I will complete my commitment, however long it may take.  Once I have updated Xonfluence fully for Matrix, I will review the code and submit it to the Kodi repo (for Matrix only) for inclusion.  I have gone through this process before.

I know you already received that response, but as far as I know, the Kodi team only keeps Estuary/Estouchy updated, since it is the default Kodi skin.

Can I guarantee that I will keep maintaining Xonfluence past Matrix? No, but I do not think any skinner can.  I will do my best to keep it updated and issue-free.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
If Xonfluence is really so popular then surely one of the many users can step up and look after it long term instead of relying on others.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add Xonfluence to KODI Repo0