• 172(current)
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-05-18, 12:30)cpease61 Wrote:
(2021-05-17, 23:45)jmooremcc Wrote:
(2021-05-17, 03:51)cpease61 Wrote: Since the last (2.09) release the video links in Superfolders have stopped working.

No error message just no connection.

Also, I was wondering if the backup function works? it doesn't appear too.

Yours
cpease61
I noticed that changes in Kodi Matrix 19.1 caused a few operational problems with SF 2.07. SF 2.09 fixed the issues that caused SF 2.07 to crash but may have created a side effect.

I'd like to recreate the problem you are reporting and therefore will need more information. Please go to SF settings and activate debug mode, reboot Kodi and repeat the steps that produced the problem and exit Kodi.

Next, post your Kodi log along with a description of the steps you followed to produce the problem so that I can recreate the problem. If you can provide screenshots, that would also be helpful.

Thank you.
Greetings:

The process is simple enough. Create Favorite in Super Favorites, click on Favorite, nothing happens. This happens only with TV shows not movies.

https://paste.kodi.tv/ihewufofuy

Yours
cpease61

I created a SF Folder and added various videos and TV shows to it with no problem.
I went into the folder and played individual items in the folder with no problem.
Finally, I selected the folder and told SF to play the entire folder and it did so with no problem.

I don't know if this has any bearing on the problem you experienced but I saw a bunch of Keymapping errors in the log related to SF capturelauncher.
You might want to clean those up and see what happens.

Since I wasn't able to replicate the problem, is there any additional information you can provide about the issue you encountered?
(2021-05-19, 03:04)jmooremcc Wrote:
(2021-05-18, 12:30)cpease61 Wrote:
(2021-05-17, 23:45)jmooremcc Wrote: I noticed that changes in Kodi Matrix 19.1 caused a few operational problems with SF 2.07. SF 2.09 fixed the issues that caused SF 2.07 to crash but may have created a side effect.

I'd like to recreate the problem you are reporting and therefore will need more information. Please go to SF settings and activate debug mode, reboot Kodi and repeat the steps that produced the problem and exit Kodi.

Next, post your Kodi log along with a description of the steps you followed to produce the problem so that I can recreate the problem. If you can provide screenshots, that would also be helpful.

Thank you.
Greetings:

The process is simple enough. Create Favorite in Super Favorites, click on Favorite, nothing happens. This happens only with TV shows not movies.

Yours
cpease61

I created a SF Folder and added various videos and TV shows to it with no problem.
I went into the folder and played individual items in the folder with no problem.
Finally, I selected the folder and told SF to play the entire folder and it did so with no problem.

I don't know if this has any bearing on the problem you experienced but I saw a bunch of Keymapping errors in the log related to SF capturelauncher.

Since I wasn't able to replicate the problem, is there any additional information you can provide about the issue you encountered?
Sorry no. Can you explain how I might 'clean up Keymapping' As I think I mentioned I am not a very technical person. Alernatively is there a way to back up to 2.08 and see what happens?

I should explain that the log I linked too was from a clean install on my computer. The problem appeared on a Nvidea shield. 

Yours
Cpease61
(2021-05-19, 03:49)cpease61 Wrote:
(2021-05-19, 03:04)jmooremcc Wrote:
(2021-05-18, 12:30)cpease61 Wrote: Greetings:

Yours
cpease61

Sorry no. Can you explain how I might 'clean up Keymapping' As I think I mentioned I am not a very technical person. Alernatively is there a way to back up to 2.08 and see what happens?

I should explain that the log I linked too was from a clean install on my computer. The problem appeared on a Nvidea shield. 

Yours
Cpease61

Just a thought, could it be connected in some odd with the change in Python? 

Yours
cpease61
(2021-05-19, 05:18)cpease61 Wrote:
(2021-05-19, 03:49)cpease61 Wrote:
(2021-05-19, 03:04)jmooremcc Wrote: I created a SF Folder and added various videos and TV shows to it with no problem.

Yours
Cpease61

Just a thought, could it be connected in some odd with the change in Python? 

Yours
cpease61
Something changed in Matrix 19.1 that created issues with SF 2.0.7. I made too many changes in SF 2.0.8 which is why I followed up with SF 2.0.9.

As far as key maps is concerned, goto your userdata/keymaps folder and rename the gen.xml file to some other name. This will essentially get rid of any defined key maps. Once you restart Kodi, you can re-establish any special keys you might need. A useful tool I use is an addon called "Keymap Editor".
ok just so you Know whatever the issue is it works fine in version 2.08
A couple things I noticed V2.09:

Colorize name of file or folders results in error You also can not successfully edit name and use [COLOR yourcolor]Folder Name[/COLOR] as it does not recognize the "/"
Copy folder then paste folder results in error

Debug Log
(2021-05-20, 21:24)flhthemi Wrote: A couple things I noticed V2.09:

Colorize name of file or folders results in error You also can not successfully edit name and use [COLOR yourcolor]Folder Name[/COLOR] as it does not recognize the "/"

Debug Log

I believe the colorize hasn't worked  for a long time, at least on Kodi 19 and I believe it didn't work on 18.
I installed v2.0.9 on Matrix 19.1.  
I added some On Demand categories to a Super Folder from the Plutotv add-on and made the Super Folder a folder in the Kodi Favorites folder.   
When I select one of the categories from the Super Favorites folder I briefly see the Kodi Videos menu and then the list of shows I can select from.  
However, when I back out of the list it takes me to the Kodi Videos menu.  When I hit back again it returns to the Kodi Videos menu.  When I hit back after that it takes to a Programs screen with icons for Android Apps and Program add-ons.  When I hit back again I'm taken back to the Kodi Favorites folder.  

Is this the way I should expect it to work, a bug, or did I do something wrong when I set up the Super Favorites folder?  

Thanks
2019 Shield TV Pro with Tvheadend Client (Kodi) | Ugoos X3 Cube with CoreELEC as a Tvheadend server
Samsung UN65JS8500 TV | Onkyo TX-NR646 Receiver | HD Homerun Quatro Tuner
(2021-05-20, 22:02)rocko Wrote:

Debug Log

I believe the colorize hasn't worked  for a long time, at least on Kodi 19 and I believe it didn't work on 18.

I have it on 18.9 and colorize works...so do the color commands if you use them in the folder name or the file name.
(2021-05-21, 14:50)flhthemi Wrote:
(2021-05-20, 22:02)rocko Wrote:

Debug Log

I have it on 18.9 and colorize works...so do the color commands if you use them in the folder name or the file name.
Having trouble again. How do I go back to version 2.0.7 or 2.7.08?
(2021-05-29, 17:23)rocko Wrote:
(2021-05-21, 14:50)flhthemi Wrote:
(2021-05-20, 22:02)rocko Wrote:  I believe the colorize hasn't worked  for a long time, at least on Kodi 19 and I believe it didn't work on 18.

Never mind I was looking in your repo, I found the other versions in your github.

Thanks
(2021-05-29, 19:14)rocko Wrote:
(2021-05-29, 17:23)rocko Wrote:
(2021-05-21, 14:50)flhthemi Wrote: I have it on 18.9 and colorize works...so do the color commands if you use them in the folder name or the file name.
Never mind I was looking in your repo, I found the other versions in your github.

Thanks
OK I put version 2.0.7 and 2.0.8  repos from your github in my downloads but they won't install, what am I doing wrong.

Thanks
@jmooremcc
I admit I'm quite late at the party, just installed SF for the first time on KODI 19.1 and find it to be a really great and useful if not essential addon.
I found three things so far which would be nice to be changed:
1. Can the context menu entries be eliminated if the option to show them is ticked off?
2. I've created a folder with shortcuts to some radio stations from the radio addon. When clicking them Kodi always goes to fullscreen OSD as if it were videos - how can this be changed?
3. When moving items to a different position in a folder - would it possible to implement it this way with a window popping up showing a list with the option to select the new placement before or after one of the other items?

Best regards
Manjaro Linux @ minisforum UM690S / KODI 'Nexus'
Hey,
Hebrew characters looks like gibberish since kodi19.
tried to look it up and it looks like latin1 encoding which is used here has doesn't work with Hebrew. utf-8 works though.
Any chance to fix this?
Thank you!

@jmooremcc
  • 172(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator6