• 190(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
My god what a bunch of whiny/insanely picky requests. No wonder the previous author didn't want to bother anymore....
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
(2021-05-23, 04:49)VonMagnum Wrote: My god what a bunch of whiny/insanely picky requests. No wonder the previous author didn't want to bother anymore....

@VonMagnum , please let's be civil and respectful.  In my opinion, all requests are valid, even if I do not ultimately fulfill them.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
Thank you Bart. Additionally I believe my list only has a couple of actual requests, most of the other items are what I would classify as bug fixes.

In any case, thank you for your consideration, it's most appreciated Nod
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2021-05-23, 02:53)jmh2002 Wrote: Hi Bart,

Real life got in the way of testing Xonfluence but I've managed to collect a list of things here that I would appreciate you considering please Smile THANKS Nod

- I made a mistake regarding the End Time. Apologies to yourself and rafikW. But is it possible to have the option to hide this please? I find it unnecessarily clutters the OSD. (in some other Skins instead of having both visible there's the option to show either Duration Start & End, or Local Time Start & End to keep the OSD looking clean)

- If Skin Settings > Global > Show larger seekbar when rewinding or forwarding is Enabled, then Skin Settings > Video OSD > Enable video info and seekbar on pause, doesn't seem to be respected. That is, with the latter option Disabled, shouldn't it be possible to Pause a video and not have any OSD visible? This is useful when trying to see something specific on the screen. And obviously the OSD can still be made visible by pressing "I" or "M".

- When moving to the next Main Menu item sometimes the previous Widget continues to show until the current Widget loads. As mentioned by others sometimes this takes some time. To prevent this mixed up display is it possible for the previous Widget to disappear immediately when moving to to the next Main Menu item? Then at least instead of the wrong widget being displayed there would just be a blank widget space while we wait for the new one to load.

- I use IPTV Simple and the standard Kodi EPG Guide. Is it possible to show the guide (as a widget?) on the Home screen without having to click to open it? Basically just the existing EPG Guide but smaller so that it fits on the Home screen. Or does this require you to code an actual 'mini EPG' for this to work?

- Is it possible to have an option to hide Episode or Movie Ratings in list type views, because in a long list it looks messy when some episodes are rated and others are not (I thought I could choose not to import ratings when scraping but the Kodi TMDB scraper doesn't seem to allow this).

- An issue occurs with the Video widget when Custom widgets - Favourites is used to choose the Widget set, AND Thumbnail is used as the Widget format. No black frame is shown around the Thumbnails.

Actually I think this this view without the black frame is nicer, but it's not consistent with other views. So can we please have either black frame, no black frame, or an option, for all widget views?

NB: If I remember correctly maybe the black frame was added for large widgets in order to have the arrow buttons to scroll the widget on touchscreen devices? It's not visible when the black frame is not displayed. So I guess there are multiple issues there.

NB: Custom Widget path used in the below example is 'You Tube - My Subcriptions:
"plugin://plugin.video.youtube/special/new_uploaded_videos_tv/"

POSTER:

THUMBNAIL:

- In some screens sometimes the busy / working annimation in the bottom right corner doesn't hide the Floor buttons.

- Sometimes a 'ghost' type window is shown when first loading some windows. This happens on both my slow and fast devices. I think a change when this Skin was still Confluence Custom Mod caused this and unfortunately it's never been fixed. But strangely I don't see other users complain about it, so is it something unique to my setup, or is everyone just used to it? This seems to happen most often when going from the Home screen to Media View 3.

- When a video starts the Play/Pause icon is at the far right, but when pausing or forwarding during a video this icon is displayed under the Seek Bar. I'm not sure if this is also because I have video art Disabled? But it would be nice for the behaviour to be consistent.

To be honest for me this icon is just extra clutter because I know already know if I'm Playing, Pausing, Seeking, etc. How about an option to disable this icon?

Also, if you decide to keep this icon maybe it can be adjusted? I think it looks out of place because it's size, colour, and design doesn't match the buttons next to it (buttons have a grey outside circle and a shade of white inside, this icon has bright white for both), and it's also not properly in line with the buttons either.
@jmh2002 , thanks for your feedback and for testing.

Going one by one with the issues you reported:

1. I have added an option to show end time in the OSD.  So, if you do not enable that option, the end time will not be shown.  The new option is here:

2. I have fixed the issue.  If you do not activate "Enable Video Info and seekbar on pause", it will not be shown.

3. In terms of widget loading, I cannot replicate this issue and I do not know how to make the widget container disappear when moving between menu items.

4.  EPG Widget.  This would have to be coded from scratch, and I will not be taking this on at this time.  If, however, you can point me to a skin that has an EPG widget, then I can take a look at how it is done and add it to my To-Do list.

5.  I have added an option to the sideblade to Hide the rating.  You will find the option here:

Once you enable it, the rating will be hidden.  Please be advised that even if you view your media sorted by rating, the rating will not show with the new option enabled.

6.  I have fixed the issue.  Thumbnail Custom widgets will show the background frame and the navigation buttons.  In the following screenshot, the widget is Popular Right Now from YouTube:

7.  I cannot replicate this issue.  In my case, whenever the busy dialog is shown, the right floor buttons are hidden.

8.  I cannot replicate this issue either.

9.  I have fixed the seek frame under the seek bar to be properly aligned. 

I am not planning on removing this (was already there in Leia), and I am not a designer, so I cannot modify the image to look like the OSD buttons.  If you can change the image yourself with PhotoShop or other tool, please let me know and I will post a link to the file here so that you can provide me an updated one.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
may i make a suggestion about the time it takes to populate the widgets:-  

apply to 'show onfocus' to the widgetset - so widget is invisible at first until you focus on it - this will help not to display empty widgets and also give that extra bit of time for the widget/s to populate.
(2021-05-23, 23:14)bsoriano Wrote: @jmh2002 , thanks for your feedback and for testing.

Going one by one with the issues you reported:
Regards,

Bart

THANKS! Bart, very appreciated. Looking quickly all the changes seem to be working correctly. I'll keep testing. Thanks again Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
(2021-05-23, 23:40)udangaribaldi Wrote: may i make a suggestion about the time it takes to populate the widgets:-  

apply to 'show onfocus' to the widgetset - so widget is invisible at first until you focus on it - this will help not to display empty widgets and also give that extra bit of time for the widget/s to populate.
@udangaribaldi, thank you for the suggestion!

If the widget does not show until focused, then it would not be visible when you are on the main menu, correct? For me that defeats the purpose of having the widget.  I can of course add an option to do that.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Hello all,

At the suggestion of user @udangaribaldi , I have added the option to hide the widgets until you focus them.  The new option can be found here:

I agree that this will help with widgets that load slowly on low-powered systems, and with widget transitions between a menu item and the next.  Of course, with this option enabled, the widget will not show for a menu item until you press Up from the menu item or hover the mouse where the widget should be.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
thanks Bart Smile
Probably it's a stupid question but... How to have your skin (and keep it update)?
Thank you very much for your work ^^
(2021-05-24, 19:10)trevisyn Wrote: Probably it's a stupid question but... How to have your skin (and keep it update)?

https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.xonfluence

click on code and download zip file

install the zip in the extension section of kodi

unfortunately you have to manually update for each new version
(2021-05-24, 20:43)dkangel Wrote:
(2021-05-24, 19:10)trevisyn Wrote: Probably it's a stupid question but... How to have your skin (and keep it update)?

https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.xonfluence

click on code and download zip file

install the zip in the extension section of kodi

unfortunately you have to manually update for each new version
Thank you very much ^^
Why isn't it on official repo?
Hey Bsoriano, always wondered why there are 15 available home menus, but only 12 addon shortcut menus? Any interest in fixing that? Even better and more flexibility would be to add skin shortcuts integration... Cool Love
Hi Bart,

Just another couple of small items that I thought of:

1: For a cleaner look, what do you think about aligning the volume popup further to the right in the same place where the clock and date is? That way it would work the same as Kodi Notifications currently do, popping up and temporarily covering/replacing the weather at the left hand side (if Skin Settings > General > Notifications at top left is Enabled).

2: Also with the new Enable CPU Temperature feature, would be possible for this to just be hidden if there is no data (or if not possible to totally hide just to display a small "N/A" abbreviation), instead of showing the large full bright yellow 'Not available' message? This would enable the same Skin settings.xml to be used across multiple devices while still retaining a nicer appearance on each device.

THANKS Smile
(2021-05-25, 07:28)jmh2002 Wrote: Hi Bart,

Just another couple of small items that I thought of:

1: For a cleaner look, what do you think about aligning the volume popup further to the right in the same place where the clock and date is? That way it would work the same as Kodi Notifications currently do, popping up and temporarily covering/replacing the weather at the left hand side (if Skin Settings > General > Notifications at top left is Enabled).

2: Also with the new Enable CPU Temperature feature, would be possible for this to just be hidden if there is no data (or if not possible to totally hide just to display a small "N/A" abbreviation), instead of showing the large full bright yellow 'Not available' message? This would enable the same Skin settings.xml to be used across multiple devices while still retaining a nicer appearance on each device.

THANKS Smile

Ad 1. Would be interesting to have this alternative
Ad 2. Just go to General skin options and uncheck the option "Enable CPU temperature display"
  • 190(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13