• 34(current)
Release TIDAL music (former WiMP)
@arneson
Hey, thanks a thousand times for the new addon version!
But honestly I have still no clue how to get a client-id and client-secret. I've searched the web like crazy but all I could achieve is the access token.
Can you please help out a little?
Manjaro Linux @ minisforum UM690S / KODI 'Nexus'
(2021-05-24, 19:56)C.O.D. Wrote: @arneson
But honestly I have still no clue how to get a client-id and client-secret. I've searched the web like crazy but all I could achieve is the access token.

I'm completely stuck as well. Can someone post a link to a Windows based github program, that can generate the client-id, and client secret? The only thing that I could find, was a Android based app! Was there no way, to include this code, in your most excellent Tidal Kodi app? This new QAuth2 authentication is really confusing to me. I thought that getting the client-id and client-secret, involved entering your Tidal ID/Password, but the settings on this app, seem to indicate that we need to enter our "User ID", after we get past the "client" issue. Why the need for the "User ID"? Is the "User-ID", my Tidal login? If so, why do I put in my Tidal Login, but no Tidal password?

Edit: The "User ID" is automatically generated after you use the client-id and client-secret to authenticate through Tidal. The User ID is a numeric number!
Google for "tidal __api_key__" any you will find one on github.
(2021-05-25, 08:29)arneson Wrote:
Google for 
Excellent! That was enough of a clue, to get me working. I simply used the client-id and client-secret that I found in the following source code on github. Your app states that my access token expires on 6/1. Do these tokens auto-renew, or do we have to go through the QAuth2 process every week?

https://github.com/yaronzz/Tidal-Media-D...l/tidal.py
(2021-05-25, 09:08)mazeeff Wrote:
(2021-05-25, 08:29)arneson Wrote:
Google for 
Excellent! That was enough of a clue, to get me working. I simply used the client-id and client-secret that I found in the following source code on github. Your app states that my access token expires on 6/1. Do these tokens auto-renew, or do we have to go through the QAuth2 process every week?

The token refresh is done automatically, allso while playing tracks or videos !
(2021-05-25, 10:03)arneson Wrote:
(2021-05-25, 09:08)mazeeff Wrote:
(2021-05-25, 08:29)arneson Wrote: Google for 

Perfect! Why the secrecy on the client-id and client-secret? The one that I used was for a Fire Stick HD! They do not seem to have any personal info in them, so why not publish the one I used? Or better yet, why not bake the client codes into the app, like the Tidal Downloaders did, where I got my client codes?

Edit: I'm really enjoying the music! On my 1-10 confusion scale, this would rate a 9.9! I learned a whole lot today! My main confusion was thinking that I was searching for an app on GitHub, to generate the client codes. I had no idea that the answer would be found in the source code on GitHub!
Thanks a lot, arneson and @mazeeff. I did it the long way first via extraction from the app. Had to install android studio and developer tools and finally found several IDs. The ones I tried gave me DRM errors so I went with the ones mazeeff suggested (which worked)  Blush Cool!

@arneson The problem that I now have is, that my album widget doesn't work anymore. I'm using Arctic Horizon skin but it also doesn't work with Arctic Zephir. I built the widget from scratch (to show my favourite albums) but that didn't help either. The albums show up but I'm getting a fatal Tidal error when I click on an album to open / play it.

ERROR: RoutingError: No route to path "/album"
ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.tidal2/album/
ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.tidal2/album/) failed

I don't know if this is due to the same error:
ERROR:   File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.routing/lib/routing.py", line 130, in run
ERROR:     self._dispatch(self.path)
ERROR:   File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.routing/lib/routing.py", line 143, in _dispatch
ERROR:     raise RoutingError('No route to path "%s"' % path)

Furthermore I gott several of these in my log:

ERROR:   File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.tidal2/resources/lib/tidal2/main.py", line 1036, in run plugin.run(argv=argv)

However, the widget worked perfectly with the old Tidal2 addon (old login method), never had a problem.
I'd really appreciate some help to solve this issue...
(2021-05-25, 14:35)C.O.D. Wrote: Thanks a lot, arneson and @mazeeff. I did it the long way first via extraction from the app. Had to install android studio and developer tools and finally found several IDs. The ones I tried gave me DRM errors so I went with the ones mazeeff suggested (which worked)  Blush Cool!

@arneson The problem that I now have is, that my album widget doesn't work anymore. I'm using Arctic Horizon skin but it also doesn't work with Arctic Zephir. I built the widget from scratch (to show my favourite albums) but that didn't help either. The albums show up but I'm getting a fatal Tidal error when I click on an album to open / play it.

ERROR: RoutingError: No route to path "/album"
ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.tidal2/album/
ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.tidal2/album/) failed

I don't know if this is due to the same error:
ERROR:   File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.routing/lib/routing.py", line 130, in run
ERROR:     self._dispatch(self.path)
ERROR:   File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.routing/lib/routing.py", line 143, in _dispatch
ERROR:     raise RoutingError('No route to path "%s"' % path)

Furthermore I gott several of these in my log:

ERROR:   File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.tidal2/resources/lib/tidal2/main.py", line 1036, in run plugin.run(argv=argv)

However, the widget worked perfectly with the old Tidal2 addon (old login method), never had a problem.
I'd really appreciate some help to solve this issue...
Hi C.O.D.

the album id is missing behind "plugin://plugin.audio.tidal2/album/".
In the previous addon versions a "/" is appended as the last character in the URL like "plugin://plugin.audio.tidal2/album/12345/".
Now my addon creates the correct URL like "plugin://plugin.audio.tidal2/album/12345" because there can be query strings behind the URLs
for paging offsets like "plugin://plugin.audio.tidal2/artist/54321/albums?offset=50".

Please check if your widget creates the correct plugin URL.
Sorry for this change. I Hope you can fix this in your widget.
If not, try to set the trailing slash in items.py as describes here in line #17

python:

class ArtistItem(tidal.Artist, HasListItem):

def __init__(self, item):
        self.__dict__.update(vars(item))
        self._isLocked = True if tidal.VARIOUS_ARTIST_ID == '%s' % self.id else False

def getLabel(self, extended=True):
        self.setLabelFormat()
        if extended and self._isFavorite and not '/favorites/artists' in sys.argv[0]:
            return self.FAVORITE_MASK.format(label=self.name)
        if self._isLocked and '/favorites/artists' in sys.argv[0]:
            return self.STREAM_LOCKED_MASK.format(label=self.name, info=_T(Msg.i30260))
        return self.name

def getListItem(self):
        li = HasListItem.getListItem(self)
        url = plugin.url_for_path('/artist/%s/' % self.id)    # Trailing slash after album ID
        infoLabel = {'artist': self.name}
        if KODI_VERSION >= (17, 0):
            infoLabel.update({'mediatype': 'artist',
                              'rating': '%s' % int(round(self.popularity / 10.0)),
                              'userrating': '%s' % int(round(self.popularity / 10.0))
                              })
        li.setInfo('music', infoLabel)
        return (url, li, True)

arneson
@arneson
Actually I have no clue how I could check this.
And honestly, I don't understand why you changed something when it was working fine before.
All I found out in the meantime is that it's working correctly under Matrix...
Maybe you can tell me how to change it back in the code so I can change it just for myself?
(2021-05-25, 10:13)mazeeff Wrote:
(2021-05-25, 10:03)arneson Wrote:
(2021-05-25, 09:08)mazeeff Wrote: Excellent! That was enough of a clue, to get me working. I simply used the client-id and client-secret that I found in the following source code on github. Your app states that my access token expires on 6/1. Do these tokens auto-renew, or do we have to go through the QAuth2 process every week?

Perfect! Why the secrecy on the client-id and client-secret? The one that I used was for a Fire Stick HD! They do not seem to have any personal info in them, so why not publish the one I used? Or better yet, why not bake the client codes into the app, like the Tidal Downloaders did, where I got my client codes?

Edit: I'm really enjoying the music! On my 1-10 confusion scale, this would rate a 9.9! I learned a whole lot today! My main confusion was thinking that I was searching for an app on GitHub, to generate the client codes. I had no idea that the answer would be found in the source code on GitHub!
Hi mazeef
I'm guessing that accessing with client codes that way means that you are not accessing your own Tidal account? If so, My Music won't work for you. Presumably Tidal will track down such "hacked codes" and invalidate them. Bizarrely, I am using the old version of the addon and logging in with username and password works!
(2021-05-25, 19:20)edtaa Wrote:
(2021-05-25, 10:03)arneson Wrote: The token refresh is done automatically, allso while playing tracks or videos !

Hi mazeef
I'm guessing that accessing with client codes that way means that you are not accessing your own Tidal account? If so, My Music won't work for you. Presumably Tidal will track down such "hacked codes" and invalidate them. Bizarrely, I am using the old version of the addon and logging in with username and password works!
No. That is not true. This app only uses the client codes to validate the app. When you enter the client codes, the app sends you to Tidal.com to sign in with your own login/password. It develops my unique numeric "User ID", from this. When using this new app, I see all of my personal library, including playlists, etc.
(2021-05-25, 10:03)arneson Wrote: The token refresh is done automatically, allso while playing tracks or videos !

Hi mazeef
Hi edtaa,

your lucky !  TIDAL seems to reactivate an old IOS login token. So my old version V2.0.1 is working again with AAC/ALAC playback.
But it is not able to play 24-Bit MQA and Dolby Atmos with this token. It is a matter of time before this token will be permanently deactivated.
(2021-05-25, 19:59)mazeeff Wrote:
(2021-05-25, 10:13)mazeeff Wrote: Perfect! Why the secrecy on the client-id and client-secret? The one that I used was for a Fire Stick HD! They do not seem to have any personal info in them, so why not publish the one I used? Or better yet, why not bake the client codes into the app, like the Tidal Downloaders did, where I got my client codes?

Hi mazeef
No. That is not true. This app only uses the client codes to validate the app. When you enter the client codes, the app sends you to Tidal.com to sign in with your own login/password. It develops my unique numeric "User ID", from this. When using this new app, I see all of my personal library, including playlists, etc.
OK! That's great. Must try it.
I was about to install the new version, but after seeing the post how it started working again, I tried doing a login using the old version. And I too successfully was able to log in. I am using lossless flac, which is the max settings my system / hardware support. This is on Leia 18.9 running on a Nvidia Shield. I'm going to run this for now since it works, but anticipate upgrading in the future.

That being said, I was not able to login from my other system, which is a Fire Cube running Leia 18.8, so it looks like that one will be getting updated. Lower priority since it is much less used and not connected to my hi-fi system.

That being said, thank you, thank you, thank you for all your work. You are a hero in my book.
Nice: I could login in Tidal again. Nice: I see all music and albums. Not nice: playing a album yields in trying a track, fail, try next, fail, etc.
I have a hifi subscription, and I tried the premium way. but it did not help.

Anything that I can do to make it work again? in the mean time, I try to get the new Kodi- version, but until now that seems to be more of a hassle than  when upgrading from 17 to 18
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TIDAL music (former WiMP)8