• 7(current)
v18 Rar Archive Support
(2021-02-25, 06:24)Angel2 Wrote:
(2021-02-25, 03:37)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-02-25, 02:44)Angel2 Wrote: because it doesnt work anymore
Do you want to explain exactly what the problem is? What you wrote is of absolutely no help at all.

Describe EXACTLY what the problem is and provide a Debug Log that captures the problem you describe.

After upgrading to Kodi 19, I cant enable RAR and Archive addons from spiff, because it says that these addons are not supported by Kodi 19.
They do work, they're in the official Kodi repository in the virtual filesystems section. Maybe you had them installed from an unofficial repo.
(2021-02-28, 14:19)konel Wrote:
(2021-02-25, 06:24)Angel2 Wrote:
(2021-02-25, 03:37)Karellen Wrote: Do you want to explain exactly what the problem is? What you wrote is of absolutely no help at all.

Describe EXACTLY what the problem is and provide a Debug Log that captures the problem you describe.

After upgrading to Kodi 19, I cant enable RAR and Archive addons from spiff, because it says that these addons are not supported by Kodi 19.
They do work, they're in the official Kodi repository in the virtual filesystems section. Maybe you had them installed from an unofficial repo.

No not supported in V19 as he stated.
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro - Onkyo TX-NR696 - LG OLED 65B9 - DS411J - SMB server@win10
has anyone found solution besides using spmc?
Has spiff stopped working on these addons? Would be sad if it’s the case. One of my reasons for using Kodi is that it handles rar files.
(2021-03-04, 12:20)Angel2 Wrote: has anyone found solution besides using spmc?

What’s spmc?
(2021-03-04, 17:20)Live2Ride Wrote:

What’s spmc?

I think its Kodi 16/17 fork. Works really good. But its not supported or updated anymore. Find it on Google Play Store.

I hope that Spiff will update Kodi 19 plugins, actually if you look at his github, there is source for Kodi Matrix Rar Plugin but you need to build it. Has anyone tried?
(2021-03-05, 20:24)Angel2 Wrote:
(2021-03-04, 17:20)Live2Ride Wrote:

What’s spmc?

I think its Kodi 16/17 fork. Works really good. But its not supported or updated anymore. Find it on Google Play Store.

I hope that Spiff will update Kodi 19 plugins, actually if you look at his github, there is source for Kodi Matrix Rar Plugin but you need to build it. Has anyone tried?

Hope your right. Kodi wouldn’t be the same without rar support. Personally I think it was a mistake removing it.
(2021-02-07, 13:15)sanity Wrote:
(2020-11-22, 21:16)corb06 Wrote: RAR Archive support broken in 19.0?

I am wondering the same.
Currently on Libreelec nightly (with HDR support) and it seems the addon is constantly unpacking stuff in the background.
It throws errors like "not enough memory to unpack"  and "rar archive support, not enough memory to decompress files" etc.

The movies do play fine though. but pretty annoying messages.
I still have these errors with Kodi 19 both libreelec and windows.
rars are stored on a server that i axs via sftp.
Cant for my life figure out why it throws out those messages.
I also use mrmc fork on 2 appletv's 4K versions and no errors there.
(2021-03-14, 17:15)sanity Wrote:
(2021-02-07, 13:15)sanity Wrote:
(2020-11-22, 21:16)corb06 Wrote: RAR Archive support broken in 19.0?

I am wondering the same.
Currently on Libreelec nightly (with HDR support) and it seems the addon is constantly unpacking stuff in the background.
It throws errors like "not enough memory to unpack"  and "rar archive support, not enough memory to decompress files" etc.

Will answer myself as I found out what was wrong here.
I unchecked the "extract videoinformation" from files and also unchecked the "extract chapters" from the media/videos menu and now all works perfect.
No more errors Smile
(2021-03-21, 18:01)sanity Wrote:
(2021-03-14, 17:15)sanity Wrote:
(2021-02-07, 13:15)sanity Wrote: I am wondering the same.

I unchecked the "extract videoinformation" from files and also unchecked the "extract chapters" from the media/videos menu and now all works perfect.
No more errors Smile
Where do you make these changes?
(2021-04-14, 16:25)Live2Ride Wrote:
(2021-03-21, 18:01)sanity Wrote:
(2021-03-14, 17:15)sanity Wrote: I still have these errors with Kodi 19 both libreelec and windows.
No more errors Smile
Where do you make these changes?

See https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Videos

1.3 Extract video information from files & 1.4 Extract chapter thumbnails
(2021-03-04, 17:18)Live2Ride Wrote: Has spiff stopped working on these addons? Would be sad if it’s the case. One of my reasons for using Kodi is that it handles rar files.

I was beginning to wonder the same thing, seeing as there hasn't been any updates since September 2020. Confused
Is it possible to get rid of the notifcation saying Rar Archive support; 32 GB not enough memory available to decompress files?
(2021-02-25, 03:37)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-02-25, 02:44)Angel2 Wrote: because it doesnt work anymore
Do you want to explain exactly what the problem is? What you wrote is of absolutely no help at all.

Whenever I update my library I keep getting a big banner notification say what I wrote above. 
After enabling RAR support, my (brand-new install) KODI crashes immediately on startup with not enough RAM error.  If I remove all the RAR files then it will start, show the error but not crash.

Debug log file here :

https://paste.kodi.tv/vozimohigi.kodi
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rar Archive Support1