• 191(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
(2021-05-25, 09:40)rafikW Wrote: Ad 1. Would be interesting to have this alternative
Ad 2. Just go to General skin options and uncheck the option "Enable CPU temperature display"

1. Thanks Smile

2. I WANT to use this option. So I want to leave it Enabled.

- But I have multiple devices, and they all use the same settings for both Kodi and the Skin.
- After Kodi/Skin setup is complete (or if I make a change), I then just upload the same Skin settings.xml to every device.
- But some devices don't support CPU Temp and I would prefer not to need to manually update every device each time.
- And then another change in the future, and another upload of settings.xml, and it's all broken again, and I need to reset manually again...

It would be nice to avoid that if possible but still retain the use of the CPU Temperature option on the devices that support it Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2021-05-25, 09:56)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2021-05-25, 09:40)rafikW Wrote: Ad 1. Would be interesting to have this alternative
Ad 2. Just go to General skin options and uncheck the option "Enable CPU temperature display"

1. Thanks Smile

- But I have multiple devices, and they all use the same settings for both Kodi and the Skin.
- After Kodi/Skin setup is complete (or if I make a change), I then just upload the same Skin settings.xml to every device.
- But some devices don't support CPU Temp and I would prefer not to need to manually update every device each time.
- And then another change in the future, and another upload of settings.xml, and it's all broken again, and I need to reset manually again...

It would be nice to avoid that if possible but still retain the use of the CPU Temperature option on the devices that support it Smile

Ad 2. I understand your "problem" with having multiple devices but should a skin's settings logic fulfill your very specific needs? This is exact purpose of having an option to enable or disable particular setting - use them to enable or disable them on those devices where you need / don't need them. In my humble opinion you are asking for too much.
PS. How many of devices you have? Is it 4 or 6 on which you don't want to see CPU Temp? Still this is not a big deal to go to the settings and "press" the button to disable CPU Temperature on them. I would bet that even if Bart will modify skin so it will show N/A instead of CPU Temp you will still not be satisfied seeing "large full bright yellow 'N/A' message"
(2021-05-24, 20:50)trevisyn Wrote:
(2021-05-24, 20:43)dkangel Wrote:
(2021-05-24, 19:10)trevisyn Wrote: Probably it's a stupid question but... How to have your skin (and keep it update)?
Thank you very much for your work ^^

https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.xonfluence

click on code and download zip file

install the zip in the extension section of kodi

unfortunately you have to manually update for each new version
Thank you very much ^^
Why isn't it on official repo?
i don't know but it would great Laugh
(2021-05-25, 19:53)dkangel Wrote:
(2021-05-24, 20:50)trevisyn Wrote:
(2021-05-24, 20:43)dkangel Wrote: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.xonfluence

click on code and download zip file

install the zip in the extension section of kodi

unfortunately you have to manually update for each new version
Thank you very much ^^
Why isn't it on official repo?
i don't know but it would great Laugh
@dkangel , @trevisyn , it takes a lot of work to get a skin ready for inclusion in the Kodi repo.  As I have mentioned before, my commitment is to update Xonfluence with all of the relevant skinning changes for Matrix.  After that, I will review the code and look into submitting it to the Kodi repo.  Please do not ask when this will be, I cannot provide a time for this.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-05-25, 09:56)jmh2002 Wrote:

1. Thanks Smile

@jmh2002 , the changes are already on GitHub.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-05-24, 23:20)jdig4240 Wrote: Hey Bsoriano, always wondered why there are 15 available home menus, but only 12 addon shortcut menus? Any interest in fixing that? Even better and more flexibility would be to add skin shortcuts integration... Cool Love
@jdig4240 , the changes are on GitHub for 15 addon shortcut sets.  Please test and let me know.  As for skinshortcuts, yes, that is the end goal, but it will take some time.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-05-25, 23:23)bsoriano Wrote: @jmh2002 , the changes are already on GitHub.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Thank you Bart, I can confirm the CPU Temperature change is working as expected.

Should the latest Zip also include the below change too? Or are you still considering this?

(2021-05-25, 07:28)jmh2002 Wrote: 1: For a cleaner look, what do you think about aligning the volume popup further to the right in the same place where the clock and date is? That way it would work the same as Kodi Notifications currently do, popping up and temporarily covering/replacing the weather at the left hand side (if Skin Settings > General > Notifications at top left is Enabled).

THANKS Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
(2021-05-26, 00:07)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2021-05-25, 23:23)bsoriano Wrote: @jmh2002 , the changes are already on GitHub.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Thank you Bart, I can confirm the CPU Temperature change is working as expected.

Should the latest Zip also include the below change too? Or are you still considering this?
(2021-05-25, 07:28)jmh2002 Wrote: 1: For a cleaner look, what do you think about aligning the volume popup further to the right in the same place where the clock and date is? That way it would work the same as Kodi Notifications currently do, popping up and temporarily covering/replacing the weather at the left hand side (if Skin Settings > General > Notifications at top left is Enabled).

THANKS Smile
@jmh2002 , I had not looked at that yet.  I don't think I have ever seen the volume popup.  Could you please post a screenshot of how it looks now and mark it up to show where you would like it? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-05-26, 00:09)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-05-26, 00:07)jmh2002 Wrote:

Regards,

Bart

THANKS Smile
@jmh2002 , I had not looked at that yet.  I don't think I have ever seen the volume popup.  Could you please post a screenshot of how it looks now and mark it up to show where you would like it? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Yes, sure. Screenshot 1 shows the Volume pop up. For a cleaner look, I was wondering what you thought about aligning it further to the right in the same place where the clock and date is? So it would temporarily cover/replace the clock and date?

I had this idea because if Skin Settings > General > Notifications at top left is Enabled, then Kodi Notifications temporarily hide the Weather at the top left and this is quite a clean minimal solution. See screenshot 2. (although you can also see that the pop up is slightly too big - compare it to screenshot 3)

Although now that I think about it there are some inconsistencies regarding this. You can see in screenshots 3 and 4 that some Kodi notifications don't respect this option setting - I still see 'Checking for Add-on Updates' and 'PVR notifications' in this odd location aligned 2/3rds to the right.

I'm not sure what you think about all of this in general? If all Notifications should be standardised to the top left corner, and Volume to the top right corner? Or?

You have probably noticed that many of my suggestions/requests/bug fixes are related to consistent behaviour... Blush

(2021-05-26, 00:50)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2021-05-26, 00:09)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-05-26, 00:07)jmh2002 Wrote: Thank you Bart, I can confirm the CPU Temperature change is working as expected.

Regards,

Bart

Yes, sure. Screenshot 1 shows the Volume pop up. For a cleaner look, I was wondering what you thought about aligning it further to the right in the same place where the clock and date is? So it would temporarily cover/replace the clock and date?

I had this idea because if Skin Settings > General > Notifications at top left is Enabled, then Kodi Notifications temporarily hide the Weather at the top left and this is quite a clean minimal solution. See screenshot 2. (although you can also see that the pop up is slightly too big - compare it to screenshot 3)

Although now that I think about it there are some inconsistencies regarding this. You can see in screenshots 3 and 4 that some Kodi notifications don't respect this option setting - I still see 'Checking for Add-on Updates' and 'PVR notifications' in this odd location aligned 2/3rds to the right.

I'm not sure what you think about all of this in general? If all Notifications should be standardised to the top left corner, and Volume to the top right corner? Or?

You have probably noticed that many of my suggestions/requests/bug fixes are related to consistent behaviour... Blush

@jmh2002 , please try the latest from GitHub.  I think I moved the volume notification correctly, but I do not have a system where I can test this.  Please test and let me know.  If it is not correct, please send me a screenshot of where it is showing now.

I also made "consistent" the placement of notifications if you have them set to display on the top left.  Please test this also.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-05-26, 15:36)bsoriano Wrote: @jmh2002 , please try the latest from GitHub.  I think I moved the volume notification correctly, but I do not have a system where I can test this.  Please test and let me know.  If it is not correct, please send me a screenshot of where it is showing now.

I also made "consistent" the placement of notifications if you have them set to display on the top left.  Please test this also.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart, thanks for your continued efforts. Unfortunately there's a small bug this time.

The clock is hidden correctly but the volume shows on the Left side not the Right side.

The other notifications 'seem' to be correct, I'll need to use my system more to double check.

THANKS! Nod

And another small question?

- Should the date line continue show under the clock on the right side when in a window view? I'm not sure why it has always disappeared, I think there is enough space to show it if I compare to the height of the weather on the left side?

Hi Bart,

I would like to report a regression.
When one of the Menu Items is a playlist, the widget doesn't respect the sort order of the playlist and displays the items in random order.
In previous versions, it was displayed in correct order.

Thank you for your efforts!
Hi Bart, in addition to my above post I noted another small bug during testing and use yesterday. Sometimes the Weather is not hidden when the 'Working' notification is displayed at the top left corner.

You can see them both mixed together in the following screenshot:

(2021-05-26, 22:12)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2021-05-26, 15:36)bsoriano Wrote: @jmh2002 , please try the latest from GitHub.  I think I moved the volume notification correctly, but I do not have a system where I can test this.  Please test and let me know.  If it is not correct, please send me a screenshot of where it is showing now.

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart, thanks for your continued efforts. Unfortunately there's a small bug this time.

The clock is hidden correctly but the volume shows on the Left side not the Right side.

The other notifications 'seem' to be correct, I'll need to use my system more to double check.

THANKS! Nod

And another small question?

- Should the date line continue show under the clock on the right side when in a window view? I'm not sure why it has always disappeared, I think there is enough space to show it if I compare to the height of the weather on the left side?

@jmh2002 , could you please try the latest from GitHub? Please let me know if the volume is now correctly positioned.  I have added the date info to all of the other windows (or viewtypes) where there is room for it.  Please test this as well.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-05-27, 12:23)StrangeQuark Wrote: Hi Bart,

I would like to report a regression.
When one of the Menu Items is a playlist, the widget doesn't respect the sort order of the playlist and displays the items in random order.
In previous versions, it was displayed in correct order.

Thank you for your efforts!
@StrangeQuark , thanks for reporting this.  I have just fixed it.  Please test the latest from GitHub and let me know if it is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
  • 191(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13