• 203(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
@bsoriano - Hi Bart,

Maybe it's an old age thing, but I cannot seem to find in Amber settings, a way to turn off the Movie Poster or Episode Thumb when I press "I"nfo while it's playing. Can you please point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Shedrock
(2021-05-27, 04:42)snarfo Wrote: Hi Bart,

Okay, this is super weird. The upshot is that at some point last week I manually updated Amber from the git (as I often do) and then started having a computer freezing issue. I didn't immediately connect the freeze to Amber because 1) that would be crazy and 2) I had done some other computer updates about the same time if not at the very same time. I started a thread in the Kodi forums here so you can see the odyssey of puzzlement as it unfolded:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3039573

I honestly have zero idea how using the Ken Burns effect (which I had asked if you could implement some time ago and has been working without issue until last week) would make my computer freeze to the point of having to manually force the power off and reboot, but it's working now. I just turned the Ken Burns effect back on to test and bam... instant freeze when I turn my tv and receiver on. Obviously not being able to use the effect isn't catastrophic, but I'd love to know how in the world turning it on would have this effect. Any ideas? One of the Kodi guys was helping me out and thought it might be a low RAM situation, but this is on a 2080 ti (latest drivers of course) which has 11gb RAM.
@snarfo , I have no idea as to what the problem may be.  Did you recently update the nVidia drivers or Windows (if you use Windows)? Those are the two possibilities that come to mind that might have an impact on this.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-05-29, 00:20)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - Hi Bart,

Maye it's an old age thing, but I cannot seem to find in Amber settings, a way to turn off the Movie Poster or Episode Thumb when I press "I"nfo while it's playing. Can you please point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Shedrock
@shedrock , no, it's not an age thing.  There is no option at the moment to turn that off when you press info while media is playing.  To ensure I understand correctly, what you would like is for the poster/thumb not to show up when you press I while on the full screen video window, correct? Please confirm.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-05-29, 16:54)bsoriano Wrote: To ensure I understand correctly, what you would like is for the poster/thumb not to show up when you press I while on the full screen video window, correct? Please confirm.
That's correct Bart. It would be cool to turn that feature on/off. I actually never noticed it in the past. I could have sworn it was just the plot/cast etc.

UPDATE: Please, can you add to the Music poster as well. You know the screen before it switches to displaying the lyrics?

Thanks Bart,

Shedrock
(2021-05-29, 16:52)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-05-27, 04:42)snarfo Wrote: Hi Bart,

Okay, this is super weird. The upshot is that at some point last week I manually updated Amber from the git (as I often do) and then started having a computer freezing issue. I didn't immediately connect the freeze to Amber because 1) that would be crazy and 2) I had done some other computer updates about the same time if not at the very same time. I started a thread in the Kodi forums here so you can see the odyssey of puzzlement as it unfolded:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3039573

I honestly have zero idea how using the Ken Burns effect (which I had asked if you could implement some time ago and has been working without issue until last week) would make my computer freeze to the point of having to manually force the power off and reboot, but it's working now. I just turned the Ken Burns effect back on to test and bam... instant freeze when I turn my tv and receiver on. Obviously not being able to use the effect isn't catastrophic, but I'd love to know how in the world turning it on would have this effect. Any ideas? One of the Kodi guys was helping me out and thought it might be a low RAM situation, but this is on a 2080 ti (latest drivers of course) which has 11gb RAM.
@snarfo , I have no idea as to what the problem may be.  Did you recently update the nVidia drivers or Windows (if you use Windows)? Those are the two possibilities that come to mind that might have an impact on this.

Regards,

Bart

Yeah, I updated both of those around the same time (running Windows 10 21h1). Just curious since it just seems like such a bizarre issue. My next plan this weekend is to swap out video cards in my two PCs--- they both have 2080 ti cards, but from different brands and slightly different pre-overclocked specs. If I could find a couple 3090 cards maybe I would have dodged the whole issue :-P
Windows 11 Pro, Kodi 20, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32gb RAM, nVidia 3080 ti
(2021-05-14, 00:38)shedrock Wrote:
(2021-05-13, 22:32)bsoriano Wrote: @brviewer , before I go any further with implementing the rating overlay, could you please let me know how does this look to you:
That looks odd. Just my opinion. Big Grin

My art skills suck, but this looks better IMO.

So sorry I must have missed the notification there was a response. I like shedrocks mockup very much but if you're still looking for feedback i think it would look nicer moved to the bottom left to counterbalance the watched indicator and not be top heavy.

My preferred way of browsing is wall with a default selection to load info for additional info and ratings. The overlay is perfect for quick weeding and fewer clicks. Thank you again so much.
Ok i was more behind than i thought. I updated to the latest version available through github and see it's already implemented. It is perfect and i wouldn't change a thing. Awesome work you're amazing 😀
@bsoriano - Hi Bart,

Not rushing you. I know you're busy with the other skin. I just wanted to confirm if you saw my post. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3040095

Regards,

Shedrock
(2021-06-02, 00:09)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - Hi Bart,

Not rushing you. I know you're busy with the other skin. I just wanted to confirm if you saw my post. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3040095

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock , no worries! I did see the update to your post.  As soon as I finish the work on the rating overlays, I will start working on this.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-06-02, 00:14)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock , no worries! I did see the update to your post.  As soon as I finish the work on the rating overlays, I will start working on this.
Thanks Bart. No rush.
Big Grin 
(2021-06-02, 00:14)bsoriano Wrote:

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock , no worries! I did see the update to your post.  As soon as I finish the work on the rating overlays, I will start working on this.

Regards,

Bart
Will you have ratings on all views?
(2021-06-02, 02:35)Edworld Wrote:
(2021-06-02, 00:14)bsoriano Wrote:

Regards,

Shedrock

Regards,

Bart
Will you have ratings on all views?

@Edworld, yes, that's the plan.

Regards,

Bsrt
Amber Maintainer
(2021-06-02, 00:39)shedrock Wrote:
(2021-06-02, 00:14)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock , no worries! I did see the update to your post.  As soon as I finish the work on the rating overlays, I will start working on this.
Thanks Bart. No rush.
@shedrock , please try the latest from GitHub (Matrix or Leia).  You will find a new option here:

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-06-02, 22:53)bsoriano Wrote: Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.
Hi Bart,

I will check it as soon as I can regain control of my system from my family. Big Grin

Thanks a million,

Shedrock
@bsoriano - Hi Bart,

I am not complaining, but it looks weird with all that real estate to the right where the cover art was. Maybe I am missing something here, but in previous versions of Amber (4.2.99), this was not an issue. Look at the screenshot below. I have the Plot and Cast. I don't have that feature on the latest Amber version. All I have is the Cast, and it would still be great to turn off the poster image as well, or have it use clearart, logo or when set to off, it utilizes the entire space with the plot. Let me know what you think.

Regards,

Shedrock
  • 203(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5