Kodi is stuck at 24Hz
When I watch a movie, pause, wait for it to blank the display so it switches off and then resume and press stop Kodi do not revert back to 60Hz. Any advice?

Kodi 17 latest nightly
Windows 10 x64
AMD A4-5000 CPU
AMD Radeon R7 240 GPU
This bug happens even if I turn off my display for a while while playing video.

To reproduce:
1. Open a movie
2. make sure your display is running at 24Hz
3. turn off your display and wait 30 seconds
4. turn it back on.
5. stop the movie and exit Kodi

Result: kodi will become stuck at 24Hz after hitting stop. Even after exiting kodi the desktop will be still at 24Hz.

Here are two log files:

1. I switched off the display, so the bug happened here:
http://pastebin.com/sMhw6gSE

2. I did not turn off the display, so Kodi switched back to 60Hz
http://pastebin.com/vLxrV6VA

In the logs there is clearly visible that Kodi is trying to revert back to the old resolution, but the refresh rate is wrong.
I hope my logs will help you to eliminate the problem.
Nothing? Could you at least acknowledge the problem?
Switching off the Display in HDMI means: disconnect the TV completely and the port is powered down. If you want kodi and windows to remember the (not more) attached TV - fixate your EDID.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
As stated by fritsch, create an EDID override, so that Windows never forget your TV capabilities.
Look >here<
Thanks, I will check it out.
happens to me too, i simply put kodi in windowed mode, then run a devcon batch file to put desktop back @ 60hz, then when you go out of windowed mode back into full screen its back at 60hz.
EDID override did the job. Thank you very much.
Bumping as this the top result on Google and this issue still exists in Kodi 19

The only way to force the Kodi UI back to the native monitor / TV refresh rate is to set Kodi to Windowed then back to full screen.

It doesn't happen every time, every now and then after watching a move the UI will get "stuck" in 24hz and navigation is choppy and horrible.

Can we force the UI refresh rate in the advanced settings XML?
My Kodi / HTPC / Gaming / Tech Channel
If I helped in someway, hit the Like button :)
(2021-06-03, 00:25)TheBuz Wrote: doesn't happen every time, every now and then
I've never experienced this issue, and given the "now and then" statement, would seem there might be a graphic engine issue that might be troublesome to detect, suggest a proper debug log showing the behaviour whihc might contain a hint. The frequency of occurrence is better than "now and then", and would give us an idea of the prevalence of the issue.
(2021-06-03, 01:26)PatK Wrote:
(2021-06-03, 00:25)TheBuz Wrote: doesn't happen every time, every now and then
I've never experienced this issue, and given the "now and then" statement, would seem there might be a graphic engine issue that might be troublesome to detect, suggest a proper debug log showing the behaviour whihc might contain a hint. The frequency of occurrence is better than "now and then", and would give us an idea of the prevalence of the issue.

I'll turn on debugging but it might take be a few weeks. It's always been there. I remember it happening in the XBMC days.

When it happens Kodi also doesn't care what the monitors refresh rate is set to. If i manually set the refresh rate in in Nvidias control panel, when going back to Kodi it switches back 24hz

Which is why i would be good to have an option to force it.
I’m using win10 64bit with nvidia 1650 gpu.
Desktop is 2160p 60hz. 
When launched kodi, it will still be at 2160p 60hz. 
when I played uhd hdr movies, my projector will show 2160 24hz hdr.
‘After stop movie, the projector will display pop out top left hand corner showing 2160p 60hz.
Using v19 and now v19.1 kodi & latest Nvidia drivers.

Have u tried uninstalling your gpu driver and reinstalling it?
Turning off the TV mid play, handshaking is lost; Kodi enters default res all part of HDCP and the work-round is here.
(2021-06-03, 18:25)PatK Wrote: Turning off the TV mid play, handshaking is lost; Kodi enters default res all part of HDCP and the work-round is here.

Thank you, i will give this a try, but I don't think the issue is with windows, because if I quit or minimise Kodi, other applications behave normally at the monitors default refresh rate. And making Kodi a full screen window, then back to true full screen kicks it out of whatever it is stuck in.

When it happens, It is persistent with Kodi restarts, and I think persistent with Windows restarts but I'll have to check that.

I might look to see if there is an API call to switch to Windowed and one for full screen mode, which I can add to my Kodi startup script.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi is stuck at 24Hz0