BIOS for PS1
Hi everyone,

I have the BIOS files for PS1 but for some reason the 'PCSX ReARMed' add-on does not recognise them when I have put them in .kodi/userdata/addon_data/game.libretro.pcsx-rearmed

and I have even created the /system folder thereafter and put them in there but no such luck.

Any ideas where these need to go?
(2021-05-28, 23:51)Krypton90 Wrote: Hi everyone,

I have the BIOS files for PS1 but for some reason the 'PCSX ReARMed' add-on does not recognise them when I have put them in .kodi/userdata/addon_data/game.libretro.pcsx-rearmed

and I have even created the /system folder thereafter and put them in there but no such luck.

Close, you just need to add a resources folder as well:
xml:

'.../userdata/addon_data/game.libretro.pcsx-rearmed/resources/system/scph5500.bin'
'.../userdata/addon_data/game.libretro.pcsx-rearmed/resources/system/scph5501.bin'
'.../userdata/addon_data/game.libretro.pcsx-rearmed/resources/system/scph5502.bin'

In general, it's annoying to have to copy these files to the right place. This program addon will do it for you.
(2021-05-29, 02:21)zachmorris Wrote:
(2021-05-28, 23:51)Krypton90 Wrote: Hi everyone,

Close, you just need to add a resources folder as well:
xml:

'.../userdata/addon_data/game.libretro.pcsx-rearmed/resources/system/scph5500.bin'
'.../userdata/addon_data/game.libretro.pcsx-rearmed/resources/system/scph5501.bin'
'.../userdata/addon_data/game.libretro.pcsx-rearmed/resources/system/scph5502.bin'

In general, it's annoying to have to copy these files to the right place. This program addon will do it for you.

Sorry for the delayed reply ... and thanks for a prompt reply.
They still won't show up, how odd?! This is for Kodi on Android Shield.

Side note:
You wouldn't happen to know where a good N64 emulator is would you? I cannot seem to find one in the Kodi repository.
(2021-06-07, 14:03)Krypton90 Wrote: You wouldn't happen to know where a good N64 emulator is would you? I cannot seem to find one in the Kodi repository.

AFAIK currently there are no working n64 emulators at all, n64 would require opengl/gles support in RetroPlayer but it is not yet implemented.
For more info see https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=351592
(2021-06-07, 20:01)asavah Wrote:
(2021-06-07, 14:03)Krypton90 Wrote: You wouldn't happen to know where a good N64 emulator is would you? I cannot seem to find one in the Kodi repository.

AFAIK currently there are no working n64 emulators at all, n64 would require opengl/gles support in RetroPlayer but it is not yet implemented.
For more info see https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=351592

Oh no! So that means no N64 at all then? Shame, I'll have to keep my fingers crossed to relive my youth.
(2021-06-07, 22:48)Krypton90 Wrote: I'll have to keep my fingers crossed to relive my youth.

There alternatives such as standalone emulators and retroarch.
(2021-06-07, 23:33)asavah Wrote:
(2021-06-07, 22:48)Krypton90 Wrote: I'll have to keep my fingers crossed to relive my youth.

There alternatives such as standalone emulators and retroarch.
Gotcha, thanks.
My OCD would have loved 'all eggs (cores) in one basket' but it sounds as though that'll come in time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BIOS for PS10