• 207(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2021-06-12, 12:51)Filmbuff Wrote: @bsoriano thank you so much for making a great skin better all the time, love the new right list view.

This is really nitpicking, but since the latest in amber repo and the latest from github there seems to be something up with the main menu.

Amber repo

Github

The main menu used to be in the middle but now it is in the upper third of the screen, all with the same settings applied.

Edited to add, this is on a windows 10 computer and Shield TV Pro.
@Filmbuff , you are correct, I changed the static vertical menu somewhat, since there were issues with the icon-only menu and items being focused off-screen.  

What I just did is to add a new setting "Centered Static Menu (less than 8 items) that you can enable if you are using the static vertical menu without the bigger fonts, like you are using.  The setting is here:

Which will result in this, which is what I think you were looking for:

As the setting says, this will work if you have less than 8 items in your main menu.  With more than that, it is not centered anymore.

The changes are already on GitHub (Matrix and Leia).

Please let me know if this fixes the issue for you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
@bsoriano excellent stuff, works perfectly, thank you!
(2021-06-12, 17:08)Filmbuff Wrote: @bsoriano excellent stuff, works perfectly, thank you!
@Filmbuff , thanks for confirming.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-06-12, 15:03)G0mez Wrote: Hi Bart

Here would be some missing finnish translations;

Disable lyrics = Poista sanoitukset käytöstä
Enable touchscreen device support = Ota kosketusnäytön laitetuki käyttöön
Use color flags = Käytä värilippuja
Use wraparound navigation = Käytä ympäröivää navigointia
Show submenu only when focused = Näytä alivalikko vain tarkennettuna
Enable choosing default menu item = Ota käyttöön oletusvalikkokohdan valinta
Play whole albums from shelves = Toista kokonaisia ​​albumeja hyllyiltä
Select items to show in views = Valitse kohteet, jotka näytetään näkymissä
Audio and subtitle info = Ääni- ja tekstitystiedot
Movie collection count = Elokuvakokoelmien määrä
Media play count = Median toistomäärä
End time = Lopetusaika
Media flags = Median liput
HDR/SDR and bit depth flags = HDR/SDR- ja bittisyvyysliput
List views options = Listanäkymien vaihtoehdot
Marks and overlays = Merkit ja peitteet
Show rating overlay = Näytä arvosanapeite
Use user rating for overlay = Käytä käyttäjäarvosanaa peitteelle
Use alternate rating overlay style = Käytä vaihtoehtoista peitetyyliä arvosanalle
View types to enable = Käytettävät näkymät
Use artist slideshow for audio fanart = Käytä Artist Slideshow lisäosaa äänen fanitaiteelle
Info button opens video info dialog = Info painike avaa videon tiedot -valintaikkunan
Hide seek bar when forwarding or rewinding = Piilota hakupalkki kelatessa eteen- tai taaksepäin
Choose item for menu = Valitse valikolle kohde
Set label = Aseta nimi
Change action = Vaihda toimintoa
Customize submenu = Mukauta alivalikkoa
Select background = Valitse tausta
Restore menu items = Palauta valikkokohteet
@G0mez , thank you! I have added those to the translation system.  The last 6 I did not, since those are strings from script.skinshortcuts, not Amber.  That addon would need a proper translation to Finnish.

These are the strings that still have a pending Finnish translation:

1. High    

These next few are related to the bottom shortcuts functionality:

2. Customize Bottom Shortcuts    
3. Shortcuts    
4. Enable Bottom Shortcuts    
5. Show Bottom Shortcuts for this Menu Item
6. Show Dark Background Behind Shortcuts        

7. Short Daily Weather    
8. Short Hourly Weather    

These next few are related to the Surprise Me functionality:

9. Surprise Me    
10. Surprise Me (Movie)    
11. Surprise Me (Episode)    
12. Surprise Me (Music Video)    

Related to the Default Menu Item functionality:

13. Make Default Menu Item    
14. Current Default Menu Item    

15. Show Item Name in Top Bar        
16. Ratings    
17. IMDb Top 250    

Related to the Logo and Fanart view types:

18. Use Clear Art instead of Logo    
19. Single Logo    
20. Fade out Unfocused    
21. Show Overlay
22. Show Title in Footer

23. Single Column    
24. Pause Media While Info Dialog is Open    
25. Activate Lyrics    

Related to searches within plot:

26. Movies with Plot containing    
27. TV Shows with Plot containing    
28. Episodes with Plot containing    
29. With Plot Containing    

30. Items to Show in Views    
31. Play Random    
32. Select View Types to Enable    

Related to the Right List view:
​​​​​​​
33. Right List
34. Show Poster    
35. Text    
36. Banner    
37. List Item Type
38. N/A
39. Show Info Popup    
40. Popup Delay    
41. Show Floor    
42. Fixed List

43. OSD/Full Screen Art
44. Poster/Thumb    
45. Centered Static Menu (less than 8 items)

Please let me know if you have any questions on any of them.  I understand you use Amber from the repo, so you might not have seen some of these yet.  Thanks again for continuing to keep the translation updated.

Regards,

​​​​​​​Bart
Amber Maintainer
I don't see the new "Right List" view in Amber.
I'm new to Kodi so I wonder if I did something wrong on my end.

I have Kodi Matrix installed on an Nvidia Shield.
I installed your repository from the Matrix zip file link (provided on page 1 of this topic).
The current version installed reads "3.4.18".

I've tried going into the add-on browser and clicking "Check for updates" but that doesn't seem to reveal this new view.

Am I doing something wrong?
(2021-06-12, 20:30)FamShoppa Wrote: I don't see the new "Right List" view in Amber.
I'm new to Kodi so I wonder if I did something wrong on my end.

I have Kodi Matrix installed on an Nvidia Shield.
I installed your repository from the Matrix zip file link (provided on page 1 of this topic).
The current version installed reads "3.4.18".

I've tried going into the add-on browser and clicking "Check for updates" but that doesn't seem to reveal this new view.

Am I doing something wrong?

@FamShoppa, you are not doing anything wrong. The updates with Right List view are not in the repo yet. I will upload a new version later on today.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Hello all,

I have just uploaded versions 3.4.19 (Matrix) and 3.2.139 (Leia) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  The highlights of this version are:

1. Right List view.  Thank you to @lynxstrike for the request.  This new view type is a "re-creation" of the Episode view from Aeon MadNox.  It is available for movies, sets, tv shows, seasons and episodes.  It can look like this:

Please refer to this post:  https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3042308  where I explain a bit about the different options available for this new viewtype.  Thanks.

It is important to note that you need script.embuary.helper installed and enabled in your system in order for the ratings to show up in the view.

2.  Rating overlay.  Thank you to @brviewer for the request.  When this is enabled, Amber will show a rating overlay, similar to the top right overlay for watched, etc., but on the top left instead of the top right.  You can find the new setting here:

As you can see from the above, you can also choose to have the user rating, instead of the main rating, be displayed in the overlay.  The rating overlay looks like this:

And it is also shown on the shelves:

3. Artwork selection for Full Screen/OSD.  Amber now allows you to select what artwork you would like displayed in the OSD/full screen info.  The options are None, Poster/Thumb, Clear Logo, Clear Art, Disc Art and Character Art.  

Please refer to this post: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3041241 where I explain this new setting and how it looks.

4.  Add back use of skin.helper.colorpicker and skin.helper.skinbackup.  Since the colorpicker script is already on the Kodi Matrix repo, and the skinbackup script is being maintained, I decided to add back their use in Amber.  The colorpicker script will be used to provide the color management for the skin, and the skinbackup script for the backup/restore function.  You can get the skinbackup script for Matrix from this repo:  https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...-1.0.3.zip

There are multiple other miscellaneous fixes, and the translations have been updated as well.

Please download, test, and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Hi Bart,
            new Right List looks good.  Noticed that even though the movie data does scroll on the right list part the popup movie data doesn't scroll if all information doesn't fit.

cheers

John
(2021-06-12, 13:27)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-06-12, 07:51)bossanova808 Wrote: @bsoriano I am adding support for Amber in my OzWeather skin patcher (https://kodi.wiki/index.php?title=Add-on:Oz_Weather) -

I've got as far as this:

...but I'd like to increase the read-ability by having layer between the data and the background at maybe 50% opacity.

You do this around the skin, it seems, but just wondering what the best way would be, for a whole page dimming of that background?  Do you have an appropriate xml snippet for me maybe?

(Note I am using mostly a bunch of skin independent components for this, the idea is to adapy basically the same OzWeather components to any skin with very minimal changes, hence I don't want to e.g. change font colours.  But with a dimmer background, I think it will look good and be easy to read...)

@bossanova808, thanks for adding support for Amber! 

Unfortunately, I cannot see the image, could you please post it again? You can use the i button on the forum taskbar when you are creating/editing a post and it will open a file browser to look for the image you want to post, and then will create a imgur album with that image and insert the image in the post.

Once I can see the image I can let you know.  I either use a texture with a colordiffuse to show a dim background, or I fade the background texture with an animation.

Regards,

Bart

Sorry - this image should work:

I indeed went with a colordiffuse approach...

I've already push out an update to my skin patcher - now if anyone wants to use OzWeather with Amber, and have radar support, they can just use that to easily patch the skin (or after skin updates).
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
@bsoriano I don't think you updated the addon.xml and the changelog.txt file on the git. Big Grin
(2021-06-13, 01:29)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano I don't think you updated the addon.xml and the changelog.txt file on the git. Big Grin
@shedrock , my bad! Thanks for catching this.  I just updated them.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-06-13, 01:19)bossanova808 Wrote:
(2021-06-12, 13:27)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-06-12, 07:51)bossanova808 Wrote: @bsoriano I am adding support for Amber in my OzWeather skin patcher (https://kodi.wiki/index.php?title=Add-on:Oz_Weather) -

I've got as far as this:

...but I'd like to increase the read-ability by having layer between the data and the background at maybe 50% opacity.

You do this around the skin, it seems, but just wondering what the best way would be, for a whole page dimming of that background?  Do you have an appropriate xml snippet for me maybe?

(Note I am using mostly a bunch of skin independent components for this, the idea is to adapy basically the same OzWeather components to any skin with very minimal changes, hence I don't want to e.g. change font colours.  But with a dimmer background, I think it will look good and be easy to read...)

@bossanova808, thanks for adding support for Amber! 

Unfortunately, I cannot see the image, could you please post it again? You can use the i button on the forum taskbar when you are creating/editing a post and it will open a file browser to look for the image you want to post, and then will create a imgur album with that image and insert the image in the post.

Once I can see the image I can let you know.  I either use a texture with a colordiffuse to show a dim background, or I fade the background texture with an animation.

Regards,

Bart

I've already push out an update to my skin patcher - now if anyone wants to use OzWeather with Amber, and have radar support, they can just use that to easily patch the skin (or after skin updates).
@bossanova808 , that looks relly good, how do I access that, just install OzWeather from your GitHub?

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-06-13, 00:48)dawsonjw Wrote: Hi Bart,
            new Right List looks good.  Noticed that even though the movie data does scroll on the right list part the popup movie data doesn't scroll if all information doesn't fit.

cheers

John
@dawsonjw , sorry I missed  your earlier post.  I just fixed this on GitHub.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-06-13, 01:56)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-06-13, 01:19)bossanova808 Wrote:
(2021-06-12, 13:27)bsoriano Wrote: @bossanova808, thanks for adding support for Amber! 

Regards,

Bart

@bossanova808 , that looks relly good, how do I access that, just install OzWeather from your GitHub?

Regards,

Bart

You'd need to install OzWeather - but the current version is stuck in kodi addon review, as there's a backlog apparently.   There's a zip available via: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3042406

So once you have the pre-release installed, you'd  then need to install my repo and from that the skin patcher (0.1.4).  Then run the skin patcher (choosing patch) - and configure OzWeather (use e.g. 3000 as a postcode if you need a location!) - and then check your weather page in Kodi.  It _should_ all come together Smile

Let me know if you run in to any issues!
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
(2021-06-13, 02:06)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-06-13, 00:48)dawsonjw Wrote: Hi Bart,

cheers

John
@dawsonjw , sorry I missed  your earlier post.  I just fixed this on GitHub.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

just tested it from latest GitHub and it is still not scrolling the popup data

cheers

John
  • 207(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5