• 63(current)
Release TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data
Curious why the newer versions got rid of most of the settings - settings to switch off the background fanart and switch between logo, banner and poster, for example.  Why were those settings taken out? 

I had to manually edit the template file to change the background because the fanart made it hard to read the foreground info.   The whole point of the TV Guide view is to see everything at a glance, no?  Seems better IMO to have user choice of logos, posters or banners rather than landscape with no title information on it.  I realize that logos were kind of iffy because more than a few titles didn't have them, while almost all titles had posters and banners.  As it stands, you have to move your eye down to the bottom to read the banner and poster and that's cluttered because of fanart that can't be easily switched off.

This is on Matrix Estuary, btw.
Skiners can set this xml as they want...
Need to have own xml in skin :
-script-NextAired-TVGuide.xml
-script-NextAired-TVGuide2.xml
If skin doesent have own xml visible be deffaul xml from script...

Without plot information

With plot information

here is with own xml in some skin
Aura

Titan

Amber
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
(2021-06-13, 14:15)Mahava Wrote: Curious why the newer versions got rid of most of the settings - settings to switch off the background fanart and switch between logo, banner and poster, for example.  Why were those settings taken out? 

I had to manually edit the template file to change the background because the fanart made it hard to read the foreground info.   The whole point of the TV Guide view is to see everything at a glance, no?  Seems better IMO to have user choice of logos, posters or banners rather than landscape with no title information on it.  I realize that logos were kind of iffy because more than a few titles didn't have them, while almost all titles had posters and banners.  As it stands, you have to move your eye down to the bottom to read the banner and poster and that's cluttered because of fanart that can't be easily switched off.

This is on Matrix Estuary, btw.

Unfortunately it's still using Confluence's design and assets. It really needs someone to update it to use Estuary's instead.
(2021-04-17, 20:47)Angelinas Wrote: @bsoriano
I am looking for solution....Shs widget showing good resultats, nextaired show empty Sad

@rafikW 
it will be fixed....

@Angelinas , have you found a solution yet?

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
@bsoriano - If it's for Leia, then read this post: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3027471.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2021-06-13, 17:44)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - If it's for Leia, then read this post: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3027471.

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock , no, the issue is on Matrix.  Thanks anyway.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-06-13, 15:41)Angelinas Wrote: Skiners can set this xml as they want...
Need to have own xml in skin :
-script-NextAired-TVGuide.xml
-script-NextAired-TVGuide2.xml
If skin doesent have own xml visible be deffaul xml from script...

Without plot information

With plot information

here is with own xml in some skin
Aura

Titan

Amber
Ok, thanks.  I guess the easiest way would be to switch the names of the templates?  ...because I don't know where in Estuary or the Next Aired addon the setting is that tells which xml template to use.   And I'd still have to change the background file and be stuck with the landscape tiles, or change skin entirely.

What I was getting at is that those settings used to be inside the addon, and still is in version 6.0.18 for Leia from TheZoggy.  I was wondering why they were taken out in a few later versions.
@Angelinas 

I noticed for a while now that the TV Show Next Aired seems to be a bit off. For instance none of my TV Shows are showing today, but yet on my TV Show NA widget it tells me Evil & Brokenwood Mysteries are airing today, when in fact it is just Evil airing today. I never really had this problem before. The odd time I would see it off, but it has never been this bad before. Any ideas as to how I can fix this issue?

Regards,

Shedrock
For me on tvdb S02E01 Evil "N is for Night Terrors", showing tomorrow date 20.6.2021
https://www.thetvdb.com/series/evil/seasons/official/2

Same is for S07E02 the brokenwood mysteries "The Witches of Brokenwood"
June 20, 2021
https://thetvdb.com/series/the-brokenwoo...s/official

all ok Smile
(2021-06-19, 13:20)Angelinas Wrote: For me on tvdb S02E01 Evil "N is for Night Terrors", showing tomorrow date 20.6.2021
https://www.thetvdb.com/series/evil/seasons/official/2

Same is for S07E02 the brokenwood mysteries "The Witches of Brokenwood"
June 20, 2021
https://thetvdb.com/series/the-brokenwoo...s/official

all ok Smile
Even Sonarr tells me that Brokenwood Mysteries is airing today. Trakt also says it is:
Quote:7x02 The Witches of Brokenwood
June 19, 2021 8:00 AM — 90 mins
But I am lost with the other show Evil. I cannot imagine what can be going on here. I was also going to try SHS but that does not display anything, it is just stuck when trying to add the widget for Next Airing Episodes. Any suggestions you can offer?

Thanks,

Shedrock
I add your airing tvshow and show ok

You can use shw "nextaired"- show in widget (from your library tvshow), nextaired episode
Code:
plugin://script.skin.helper.widgets/?action=nextaired&mediatype=episodes

Guide for tvshow Next Aired
(2021-06-19, 14:15)Angelinas Wrote: You can use shw "nextaired"- show in widget (from your library tvshow), nextaired episode
In SHS the "Episode Airing Today" is what I used to use a while back, not "Next Airing Episodes" but then that stopped working so I use the default in Amber, which I believe is using the TV show Next Aired script for this. I am not sure. Maybe @bsoriano can clarify that for me. Anyway, this is what mine looks like in Amber for "Today", and they are both wrong as per TheTVDB. Sonarr & Trakt both have my 2 shows listed as one showing today, and the other tomorrow, but in Amber it is showing the following.

This is so awfully confusing to me. Maybe Bart can shed some light on this. Huh

Regards,

Shedrock
Time is problem
- The Brokenwood Mysteries (GMT+12)  New Zealand time
- Evil (GMT-7)
Sites use their time zone, some addon convert this in your Kodi local time...some not.
shw and this script dont convert time, that is differenc
(2021-06-19, 15:42)Angelinas Wrote: Time is problem
Thank you @Angelinas. Now I understand.
(2020-04-10, 07:45)thezoggy Wrote:
(2020-03-20, 23:17)Danp Wrote: ok skippr thanks.

yes thezoggy they are pre 1970 except for bbc docs, they are shows from the past 10years or so (frozen planet,seven worlds one planet)
i will stick with 6.0.15 for now i dont mind delting the nextaird.db each wek Wink

Maybe the problem with bbc docs and nextaired is they are set out in seasons on tvdb

https://www.thetvdb.com/series/bbc-documentaries

I dont have them set out like that and i havent checked whether frozen planet or the others are in there cause there are hundreds lol
I could be wrong though

For those that have shows that are pre 1970 and use windows, can you try this version out:
http://zoggy.net/script.tv.show.next.aired-6.0.18.zip

I added a couple pre 1970 shows and could replicate the issue you saw.

In situations with negative timezone offsets, it's possible for the interpreter implementation of `time.localtime()` to erroneously fail on Windows.
In that case, it attempts to recover by reading the system time from the registry with `tzwininfo` by using tzwinlocal.

I tested the fixed code on a win7+win10 box and see it working as expected.
hi Zoggy,  will you do a version for Matrix?   I'm using another version 7.0.1, but there are a lot of episodes missing and it doesn't have all the settings like this version.
  • 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data8