• 111(current)
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
Just got the 6.2.8.0/3236 update and then a remote update.

I notice the remote menu has changed. Doesn't show you the remote firmware version anymore so I guess they did a lot of work fixing the remote disconnection issue some people had.
Anyone got a fix to refresh rate issue when connected to AVR > TV with firestick 4k ?

as explained here 
https://forums.developer.amazon.com/ques...ner-228285
Anyone got DTS passthrough working? It has been broken to me for 6 months now Sad
is there a known issue regarding buffering? For the last say 3-4 weeks now.

I keep experiencing it without having done any update. Running latest stable Kodi 19.1 with latest YouTube.

It's dreadful and unpredictable. But it keeps happening.

It even happens when I deactivate DASH.
(2021-06-19, 15:43)3000 Wrote: is there a known issue regarding buffering? For the last say 3-4 weeks now.

I keep experiencing it without having done any update. Running latest stable Kodi 19.1 with latest YouTube.

It's dreadful and unpredictable. But it keeps happening.

It even happens when I deactivate DASH.
Maybe the problem is on the servers, not all information packets are being transmitted? It's corny, but still possible.
Possible, but it happens to a variety of different sources so I'm gonna say it's unlikely.

but looks like I'm the only one so that's good news.
(2021-06-15, 20:38)DoomSlayer69 Wrote: Anyone got DTS passthrough working? It has been broken to me for 6 months now Sad

Nope. It looks like a lost cause.

I bit the bullet and went with an nvidia shield after every man and his dog recommended it. Audio is great thru it but I’m now in a pool of doo doo with video problems. Mismatched frame rates, rebooting after every hdr play, juddering, the whole thing is far worse than Firestick 4K ever was. Only bonus is that Netflix has Atmos out the standard app. Wish they sorted the DTS Firestick issue and I’d switch back.
(2021-06-25, 00:52)KILOCHARLIE Wrote:
(2021-06-15, 20:38)DoomSlayer69 Wrote: Anyone got DTS passthrough working? It has been broken to me for 6 months now Sad

I bit the bullet and went with an nvidia shield after every man and his dog recommended it. Audio is great thru it but I’m now in a pool of doo doo with video problems. Mismatched frame rates, rebooting after every hdr play, juddering, the whole thing is far worse than Firestick 4K ever was. Only bonus is that Netflix has Atmos out the standard app. Wish they sorted the DTS Firestick issue and I’d switch back.

I was about to get the new google TV -chromecast thing yesterday, but then checked if it actually supports DTS passthrough, I am unable to find much info on that although one user on a forum states Dolby TrueHD to be working after a firmware update. I don't care much about TrueHD/Atmos/HD-MA because my old media system unfortunately don't support those codecs. But I have a large library of DTS 5.1 movies and it was sad to see them breaking it. Nvidia shield TV IMO is a bit expensive given all I need is a working DTS pass-thorough  Sad
I don't want to go with Mi box because my TV is actually a Mi QLED Tv with same internal specs and it's android interface lags as hell and I have to reboot the entire TV everytime I start playing something using kodi.
(2021-06-28, 06:32)DoomSlayer69 Wrote: all I need is a working DTS pass-thorough  Sad
I don't want to go with Mi box because my TV is actually a Mi QLED Tv with same internal specs and it's android interface lags as hell and I have to reboot the entire TV everytime I start playing something using kodi.

Can't you just use a suitable HDMI splitter, with one output connected to your TV and other to your sound system?
(2021-06-28, 06:32)DoomSlayer69 Wrote: DTS passthrough,

If you only want to play locally stored files then an OSMC Vero 4K+ might be a good choice. It's a bad choice for most internet streaming services, but it works quite well for stuff stored on the LAN.
(2021-06-28, 06:32)DoomSlayer69 Wrote:

I was about to get the new google TV -chromecast thing yesterday, but then checked if it actually supports DTS passthrough, I am unable to find much info on that although one user on a forum states Dolby TrueHD to be working after a firmware update. I don't care much about TrueHD/Atmos/HD-MA because my old media system unfortunately don't support those codecs. But I have a large library of DTS 5.1 movies and it was sad to see them breaking it. Nvidia shield TV IMO is a bit expensive given all I need is a working DTS pass-thorough  Sad

I always refer first to this page for any update.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252916

Is that Shield TV or Shield TV Pro?

According to https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252916
Shield TV Pro is the best all round Android TV media player
(2021-06-29, 07:02)mountainhill2 Wrote:

Standard Shield TV but the pro still suffers from the exact same frame rate issues. It just has more ram and a USB port iirc, the software and playback is still the same.
(2021-06-29, 09:38)KILOCHARLIE Wrote:
(2021-06-29, 07:02)mountainhill2 Wrote:
(2021-06-25, 00:52)KILOCHARLIE Wrote: Nope. It looks like a lost cause.

Standard Shield TV but the pro still suffers from the exact same frame rate issues. It just has more ram and a USB port iirc, the software and playback is still the same.
Thanks for sharing ... good to know that.
About hi10p - https://kodi.wiki/view/Archive:Hi10P, hardware support has been non existent for a long time, making it impossible to play without a powerful cpu. But recently, there was a change on this page https://developer.amazon.com/docs/fire-t...ftvstick4k
Quote:H.264. Hardware accelerated up to 3840x2160p (4K) @ 60fps, 20 Mbps, High 10 Profile Level 5.2
And today, I've confirmed that plex is able to direct play hi10p. Now, kodi could always direct play it but that was through falling back on software decode, resulting in dropped frames/stuttering making playback impossible. But plex is using the new hwdecode and plays smoothly, which I'm pretty sure was not the case a few months ago. Even emby, vlc, mx and the other players don't seem to have support for it yet. Is there something planned about that that I missed or should I make a post in feature requests or something?
  • 111(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K3