Solved Unable to connect to remote server at boot, but will scrape fine if option is choosen
I have a Kodi 18.9 box set up for aged parents, and it's set to update libraries at boot. But a cannot connect to remote server message appears, although if yes is selected, the library will properly scrape immediately. I can't figure out how to stop this will remote server connection problem at boot. I think the relevant lines in the attached log are:

ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: HTTP returned error 422 2021-06-20 16:54:44.294 T:2881561456 ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 422 for https://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/tv?a...en,en,null:

Error LOG
(2021-06-21, 01:28)simonmoon Wrote: But a cannot connect to remote server message appears
All I can see in your log is the following...
xml:
ERROR: Run: Unable to parse web site
WARNING: VideoInfoScanner: Error 0 occurred while retrievinginformation for archive://smb%3a%2f%2fDS%2fmedia%2fTV%2fxbmcswift2-xbmc-dist-2.4.1.zip/.
VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:08

I guess that you have your Sources set up incorrectly? Otherwise why would it be trying to scrape what looks like a distribution file.
There is no other scraping activity in your log, so that is as far as I can go.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-06-21, 02:01)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-06-21, 01:28)simonmoon Wrote: But a cannot connect to remote server message appears
All I can see in your log is the following...
xml:
ERROR: Run: Unable to parse web site
WARNING: VideoInfoScanner: Error 0 occurred while retrievinginformation for archive://smb%3a%2f%2fDS%2fmedia%2fTV%2fxbmcswift2-xbmc-dist-2.4.1.zip/.
VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:08

I guess that you have your Sources set up incorrectly? Otherwise why would it be trying to scrape what looks like a distribution file.
There is no other scraping activity in your log, so that is as far as I can go.
Thanks, this was helpful, problem solved. I had the file xbmcswift2-xbmc-dist-2.4.1.zip in my TV directory by mistake. It was causing the issue. Once deleted problem solved.
Oh great!! I was a bit worried this might be one of those complex issues that takes quite a few posts and logs to resolve.

Enjoy!

Thread marked solved.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to connect to remote server at boot, but will scrape fine if option is choosen0