Music Ratings Display In Estuary
Hi 
I'm using Kodi 18.9 on  win7
I notice that some of my albums have ratings on them these are not what I have added.Where are they taken from.
Is it possible to display my ratings for Album and each song.
(2021-06-22, 19:00)aceuk Wrote: I notice that some of my albums have ratings on them these are not what I have added
How do you add the ratings?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I add the rating by going to info page and set rating.
I think the ratings being displayed are from MusicBrainz. I have checked a few and they all match up.
(2021-06-22, 23:41)aceuk Wrote: I add the rating by going to info page and set rating.
I think the ratings being displayed are from MusicBrainz. I have checked a few and they all match up.
Ok. I've moved you to the Music support forum. I don't use ratings for music so hopefully someone else can advise.

What do you see if you switch back to Estuary- your ratings on the musicbrainz ratings?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-06-22, 23:48)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-06-22, 23:41)aceuk Wrote: I add the rating by going to info page and set rating.
Ok. I've moved you to the Music support forum. I don't use ratings for music so hopefully someone else can advise.

What do you see if you switch back to Estuary- your ratings on the musicbrainz ratings?
No ratings on display in Estuary.
loaded Fleetwood Mac - Rumours album has a rating as do all the tracks but only the rating for album is displayed
(2021-06-22, 19:00)aceuk Wrote: Is it possible to display my ratings for Album and each song.
Yes, but it is up to the skin where and when it displays them and some will not display anything at all if there is no value. I don't use Estuary and I don't use ratings or user ratings so I can't list where and when it does it, but it is certainly possible as it is data that Kodi stores.

Albums can have both "rating" (read by scraping remote sites or from album.nfo files) and "user rating" (set by GUI on the album info dialog or via JSON by addons or remote apps).

Songs can have "user rating" set by GUI on the song info dialog or via JSON by addons or remote apps, if you have a rating embedded in the the music file metadata (in the correct format, and users have had problems doing that) then that is picked up when the file is scanned into the library but the music file it is never modified if you then change this value inside Kodi.

In theory songs can also have a ratiing value, but since additional song information is not scraped (only albums and artists) this could only be set via JSON API, and I don't know of hand of any addons or apps that do that or where they would pick up such a vlaue.

Back to what the skin shows....
Many only show song user rating in list view when the items are sorted by user rating, perhaps you just need to change the sort order to see the user ratings that you have set.
Note for any user entering song user ratings manually: this data does NOT get written back to the music files. If you wipe your music library, drop music sources and clean or move music files to different locations then these values will be lost.

However you can preserve them, and playback history of last played and playcount, by exporting song playback history to a xml file. This can then be imported and will apply the user ratings, playcount and last played data to that music library. Remember to export!!
In the Skin settings make sure My rating is selected if you don't won't the scraped ratings

Thank you both for the info.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Ratings Display In Estuary0