• 36(current)
Release TIDAL music (former WiMP)
Can someone explain point by point how to log in, all the time I have a "login failed" message, where to get this login data?
(2021-06-12, 14:03)kajfux Wrote: Can someone explain point by point how to log in, all the time I have a "login failed" message, where to get this login data?

I would also very appreciate if someone who is knowledgeable can expound the case.
(2021-06-13, 18:06)reutka Wrote:
(2021-06-12, 14:03)kajfux Wrote: Can someone explain point by point how to log in, all the time I have a "login failed" message, where to get this login data?

I would also very appreciate if someone who is knowledgeable can expound the case.
I will try to explain. I have managed to get the addon to work on Kodi 19.1 on Windows 10. Install the addon and configure with the client id and client secret from the link in Mazeef's post 499. Make sure that you have the zero and the two capital Os correctly entered. Once you open the addon, you will be prompted with a URL to open in a browser. You can do this on a separate device or the same device as your Kodi installation. This allows you to link the addon to your Tidal account.
However, I can't get this to work on Kodi 18.9 on my Vero+ box. I just get the invalid client message. Fortunately, the previous addon version seems still to work on Kodi 18.9.
(2021-06-18, 11:52)edtaa Wrote:
(2021-06-13, 18:06)reutka Wrote:

I will try to explain. I have managed to get the addon to work on Kodi 19.1 on Windows 10. Install the addon and configure with the client id and client secret from the link in Mazeef's post 499. Make sure that you have the zero and the two capital Os correctly entered. Once you open the addon, you will be prompted with a URL to open in a browser. You can do this on a separate device or the same device as your Kodi installation. This allows you to link the addon to your Tidal account.
However, I can't get this to work on Kodi 18.9 on my Vero+ box. I just get the invalid client message. Fortunately, the previous addon version seems still to work on Kodi 18.9.
I have Kodi 18.9@RPi and faced with "invalid client message" issue. For me, there is no need to use the addon @W10 since Tidal Desktop can do the job there. Still I would be happy if the addon could work at RPi.
(2021-06-18, 21:48)reutka Wrote:
(2021-06-18, 11:52)edtaa Wrote:
(2021-06-13, 18:06)reutka Wrote: I would also very appreciate if someone who is knowledgeable can expound the case.
I have Kodi 18.9@RPi and faced with "invalid client message" issue. For me, there is no need to use the addon @W10 since Tidal Desktop can do the job there. Still I would be happy if the addon could work at RPi.
I have found that the addon works fine under Kodi 19.1 on Windows 10. It does not work on OSMC on either Kodi 18.9 or 19.1. When I open the addon there is a brief message on screen giving the browser URL to use to log in but this immediately is replaced by the invalid client message. Arneson has now deleted the old working version of the addon so I can't use that either. If anyone knows where I can get the previous version I will be very grateful. Otherwise, I am going to close my Tidal account. I have looked into Deezer but the Kodi Deezer addon is also not working. At this rate, I will end up using Spotify - ugh!
(2021-06-21, 19:17)edtaa Wrote:
(2021-06-18, 21:48)reutka Wrote:
(2021-06-18, 11:52)edtaa Wrote: I will try to explain. I have managed to get the addon to work on Kodi 19.1 on Windows 10. Install the addon and configure with the client id and client secret from the link in Mazeef's post 499. Make sure that you have the zero and the two capital Os correctly entered. Once you open the addon, you will be prompted with a URL to open in a browser. You can do this on a separate device or the same device as your Kodi installation. This allows you to link the addon to your Tidal account.
I have found that the addon works fine under Kodi 19.1 on Windows 10. It does not work on OSMC on either Kodi 18.9 or 19.1. When I open the addon there is a brief message on screen giving the browser URL to use to log in but this immediately is replaced by the invalid client message. Arneson has now deleted the old working version of the addon so I can't use that either. If anyone knows where I can get the previous version I will be very grateful. Otherwise, I am going to close my Tidal account. I have looked into Deezer but the Kodi Deezer addon is also not working. At this rate, I will end up using Spotify - ugh!
Hi, I tried OSMC 2020.11-1 (Kodi 18.9) on my old Raspberry Pi 2 without problems. I installed the addon with my repository.tidal2-0.1.0
and I logged in using the internal web server of the TIDAL2 addon (http://<raspberry-ip>:5555/client) and the clientID and clientSecret from post #499.
Be shure that you also copy the trailing "=" from the clientSecret !

The GUI is very slow on a Raspberry Pi 2 but it works on my Raspi.
(2021-06-21, 22:07)arneson Wrote:
(2021-06-21, 19:17)edtaa Wrote:
(2021-06-18, 21:48)reutka Wrote: I have Kodi 18.9@RPi and faced with "invalid client message" issue. For me, there is no need to use the addon @W10 since Tidal Desktop can do the job there. Still I would be happy if the addon could work at RPi.
Hi, I tried OSMC 2020.11-1 (Kodi 18.9) on my old Raspberry Pi 2 without problems. I installed the addon with my repository.tidal2-0.1.0
and I logged in using the internal web server of the TIDAL2 addon (http://<raspberry-ip>:5555/client) and the clientID and clientSecret from post #499.

Interesting and thanks for that. I am using a Vero 4K box which I bought just to listen to music on Tidal. I did not miss the trailing '='. The one step that I can't follow is the use of the internal web server of the Tidal2 addon. As I said above. when the addon opens it goes almost immediately from the link URL to the error message about an invalid client ID. There is no opportunity to validate the link URL.
(2021-06-22, 08:00)edtaa Wrote:
(2021-06-21, 22:07)arneson Wrote:
(2021-06-21, 19:17)edtaa Wrote: I have found that the addon works fine under Kodi 19.1 on Windows 10. It does not work on OSMC on either Kodi 18.9 or 19.1. When I open the addon there is a brief message on screen giving the browser URL to use to log in but this immediately is replaced by the invalid client message. Arneson has now deleted the old working version of the addon so I can't use that either. If anyone knows where I can get the previous version I will be very grateful. Otherwise, I am going to close my Tidal account. I have looked into Deezer but the Kodi Deezer addon is also not working. At this rate, I will end up using Spotify - ugh!

Interesting and thanks for that. I am using a Vero 4K box which I bought just to listen to music on Tidal. I did not miss the trailing '='. The one step that I can't follow is the use of the internal web server of the Tidal2 addon. As I said above. when the addon opens it goes almost immediately from the link URL to the error message about an invalid client ID. There is no opportunity to validate the link URL.
Go to the settings of the addon and look for the "IP Port for Fanart HTTP Server". Use this port and the ip address of your Vero Box and open the url http://<ip-vero-box>:<port>/client  on your PC/Mac.
There you can cut&paste the clientID and clientSecret and geneate the Login-Link for TIDAL. You can directly click the Link to login on the TIDAL page and the TIDAL2 addon on the Vero box will wait up to 5 minutes
for a successful logon.

When you finished the login on the TIDAL page, the TIDAL2 addon detect this and loads all your favorites and playlist entries into a local cache. That can take a while if you have a lot of playlists !
On my Raspi 2 it took 4 minutes, because I have a lot of playlists !
(2021-06-22, 08:15)arneson Wrote:
(2021-06-21, 22:07)arneson Wrote: Hi, I tried OSMC 2020.11-1 (Kodi 18.9) on my old Raspberry Pi 2 without problems. I installed the addon with my repository.tidal2-0.1.0

Go to the settings of the addon and look for the "IP Port for Fanart HTTP Server". Use this port and the ip address of your Vero Box and open the url http://<ip-vero-box>:<port>/client  on your PC/Mac.
There you can cut&paste the clientID and clientSecret and geneate the Login-Link for TIDAL. You can directly click the Link to login on the TIDAL page and the TIDAL2 addon on the Vero box will wait up to 5 minutes
for a successful logon.

When you finished the login on the TIDAL page, the TIDAL2 addon detect this and loads all your favorites and playlist entries into a local cache. That can take a while if you have a lot of playlists !

Thanks so much Arneson. You are a star! It worked perfectly on my Vero 4K box running Kodi 18.9. I had entered the client secret and id manually on the addon interface already. After I had also entered them on the ip address of the Vero box, I was prompted to log in which I did. Back on Kodi, I was prompted to log in a second time when I opened the Addon which I then did and everything worked. I probably didn't need to enter the id and secret on the Addon interface?
(2021-06-22, 08:15)arneson Wrote:
(2021-06-21, 22:07)arneson Wrote: Hi, I tried OSMC 2020.11-1 (Kodi 18.9) on my old Raspberry Pi 2 without problems. I installed the addon with my repository.tidal2-0.1.0

for a successful logon.

I do not know what I did previously wrong (seems I did everything the same), but now it's worked. I hope it will last long. Thanks.
Today I finally succeeded in installing Kodi 19.3 on my Raspberry Pi 4, and so I could install Retrospect, Youtube an de radio-addin from Fischer. Only Tidal2 was still missing. I have downloaded Tidal 2.0.2 and tried yo install it (install from zip). That failed, with the message that a dependency could not be resolved. Maybe it's not the right (latest) version of Tidal2, or else what am I missing?

I hope there is an easy solution. The rasp 4 is brand-new, so is my experience with it, coming from two rasps 3, that amazed me for their futures.

Marc
(2021-06-23, 17:25)Mumsoft Wrote: Today I finally succeeded in installing Kodi 19.3 on my Raspberry Pi 4, and so I could install Retrospect, Youtube an de radio-addin from Fischer. Only Tidal2 was still missing. I have downloaded Tidal 2.0.2 and tried yo install it (install from zip). That failed, with the message that a dependency could not be resolved. Maybe it's not the right (latest) version of Tidal2, or else what am I missing?

I hope there is an easy solution. The rasp 4 is brand-new, so is my experience with it, coming from two rasps 3, that amazed me for their futures.

Marc
Please check the Kodi settings "System"->"Add-ons"->"Manage dependencies". From there you can install missing dependencies.
Hey @arneson,
Titel- and Artist-Radio doesn't show any list items anymore for a few days now.
Maybe you can have a look into this?

Best regards
Manjaro Linux @ minisforum UM690S / KODI 'Nexus'
(2021-08-28, 11:51)C.O.D. Wrote: Hey @arneson,

Best regards

I just tried both Artist Radio and Track Radio, and they both work fine, on a Windows 10 PC. Those are the two main features, that I use everyday!
(2021-08-28, 12:49)mazeeff Wrote:
(2021-08-28, 11:51)C.O.D. Wrote: Hey @arneson,

Best regards

I just tried both Artist Radio and Track Radio, and they both work fine, on a Windows 10 PC. Those are the two main features, that I use everyday!
So what can I say? My lists are empty and it happened from one day to another...
Manjaro Linux @ minisforum UM690S / KODI 'Nexus'
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TIDAL music (former WiMP)8