• 19(current)
Beta Testflight access to beta version
Thumbs Up 
@Buschel A big LIKE for variant 1
(2021-06-06, 13:35)UlfSchmidt Wrote: @Buschel A big LIKE for variant 1

And it also follows style of the Kodi icon.
1.7.2 Build 2384
Release Notes

1.7.2 Build 2382
Release Notes

What needs testing: Only 1 feature was added (thumbs for movie sets). All other changes are related to coding styles and refactoring to improve maintainability. These changes were quite intense and therefore testers are asked to look into all functions they typically use.

What comes next: There are a few more features and fixes already prepared which now need to be updated to match the bigger internal rework. This includes renewal of nearly all icons in the UI (including the remote, remote help screens and the app icon itself), configurable main menu, basic support for favourites via a new main menu entry and the support for ignoring 1-movie-sets.
1.7.2 Build 2393

Release Notes

What needs testing: The internal maintenance rework still needs a thorough look at all features you typically use. With this version the sort-commands to Kodi were reworked to not violate the JSON API anymore. This should have no impact at all, it just avoids future problems when Kodi should reject such malformed requests. Other bugfixes were smaller ones (see release notes).

What comes next: Main changes to come are the UI updates (menu and toolbar icons, remote, App icon), as well as features like ignoring 1-movie sets, supporting favourites and configurable main menu.
1.7.2 Build 2464

Release Notes

This build now brings a lot of changes: updated icons, updated remote layout, support for Kodi´s Favourites, possibility to configure the main menu, support for ignoring 1-movie sets and few more fixes and optimizations. Happy testing!!
Thumbs Up 
(2021-06-26, 16:35)Buschel Wrote: 1.7.2 Build 2464

Release Notes

This build now brings a lot of changes: updated icons, updated remote layout, support for Kodi´s Favourites, possibility to configure the main menu, support for ignoring 1-movie sets and few more fixes and optimizations. Happy testing!!

Fantastic update, so many thanks. Finally a modern up-to-date look and feel! Smile
And I wasn’t able to find any new bugs or glitches. Thumbs up!
I would suggest a bigger jump in the version number, i.e. 2.0 would show that there were massive changes in the UX and inside the app.
(2021-06-26, 21:45)UlfSchmidt Wrote: 1.7.2 Build 2464

Fantastic update, so many thanks. Finally a modern up-to-date look and feel! Smile
And I wasn’t able to find any new bugs or glitches. Thumbs up!
I would suggest a bigger jump in the version number, i.e. 2.0 would show that there were massive changes in the UX and inside the app.
Thanks for this enthusiastic feedback. I am personally also quite satisfied with the new look and feel. Let´s hope for more comments. Smile

Edit: On GitHub I linked a few screenshots on how the app UI can look like when using rounded edges for thumbs. Link to the GitHub issue: #182.
1.7.2 Build 2478

Release Notes

Mainly fixes a regression from the first 1.7.2 build (incomplete actions sheets in some use cases).
1.7.2 Build 2492

Release Notes (majorly coding styles and refactoring)
(2021-07-03, 12:20)Buschel Wrote: 1.7.2 Build 2492

Release Notes (majorly coding styles and refactoring)

For Live TV, the TV station logos are now gone :-(
This worked before and it was not an easy way to achieve this, I remember.
Please have once again a look into this. Thanks
(2021-07-03, 23:49)UlfSchmidt Wrote: For Live TV, the TV station logos are now gone :-(
This worked before and it was not an easy way to achieve this, I remember.
Please have once again a look into this. Thanks
Just did, including clearing cache after start. This works for me on both iPad and iPhone simulator.. But of course I can only test for my setup (Kodi 19.1, kodi-pvr-vuplus plugin, VU+ receiver).

@howie-f, can you take a quick look at this on your setup?
@Buschel, results of further testing:
  1. Kodi 17.6: icons are gone in my very own setup (tvheadend as server)
  2. Kodi 19.1: icons are back after “clear cache” (same tv server)
(2021-07-04, 20:58)UlfSchmidt Wrote: @Buschel, results of further testing:
Thanks, this points to problems with Kodi 17.6. I tried to set up a fresh 17.6 using Mint 17.3, but this failed (Kodi does not install from the ppa). I also added the PVR add-on for my rarely used 18.6 test setup and refreshed the PVR installation on my 19.1 test setup. Both work and show icons. I even must say that 18.6 seems to work a lot faster, it got the complete EPG synchronized in seconds. On 19.1 this takes ages.

Just to be sure, did you see the icons on our Kodi 17.6, and they were then showing in the App? Or were the icons also gone on your 17.6 server?
(2021-07-04, 22:35)Buschel Wrote:
(2021-07-04, 20:58)UlfSchmidt Wrote: @Buschel, results of further testing:
Thanks, this points to problems with Kodi 17.6. I tried to set up a fresh 17.6 using Mint 17.3, but this failed (Kodi does not install from the ppa). I also added the PVR add-on for my rarely used 18.6 test setup and refreshed the PVR installation on my 19.1 test setup. Both work and show icons. I even must say that 18.6 seems to work a lot faster, it got the complete EPG synchronized in seconds. On 19.1 this takes ages.

Just to be sure, did you see the icons on our Kodi 17.6, and they were then showing in the App? Or were the icons also gone on your 17.6 server?
In fact, my old installation is not that well maintained, but it worked in the past and still shows icons in Kodi itself. But you shouldn’t worry about old stuff…
(2021-07-04, 22:44)UlfSchmidt Wrote: In fact, my old installation is not that well maintained, but it worked in the past and still shows icons in Kodi itself. But you shouldn’t worry about old stuff…
Even though I am not too worried about this, I see a report in AppStore which complained about station logos not showing anymore since a release earlier this year. Therefore I am wondering what could cause such problems. If the logos are shown in Kodi itself, but not in the App this is strange and it is not expected to behave different for different Kodi versions.

Did you try to remove the logo files on the Kodi server (delete the *.png in .kodi/userdata/Thumbnail), let Kodi server reload them and then use the clean-cache-at-start in the App?
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testflight access to beta version0