• 26(current)
WIP S W A N (alpha , updated April-2022)
Very nice skin.
Is it already possible to change the position of the widgets?
I have asked this before a long time ago.
Thanks
(2021-06-26, 15:28)Aaiemron Wrote: Very nice skin.
Thanks

Sadly not, but i also remember Wink
But could'nt found enough time to lookup and test for a solution.
i think best practice will be using 'script.skinshortcuts'
but i'll see.

currently i am not familiar enough with script.skinshortcuts to use it for that case , which will also eating time to lookup its instructions and play around with possibilitys
Skins |  Titan M O D   •   S W A N (WIP)
(2021-06-26, 15:39)mardukL Wrote:
(2021-06-26, 15:28)Aaiemron Wrote: Very nice skin.
Thanks

Sadly not, but i also remember Wink
But could'nt found enough time to lookup and test for a solution.
i think best practice will be using 'script.skinshortcuts'
but i'll see.

currently i am not familiar enough with script.skinshortcuts to use it for that case , which will also eating time to lookup its instructions and play around with possibilitys

I understand. I hope you will find a solution eventualy.
Thanks again
(2021-06-26, 14:49)mardukL Wrote:
(2021-06-26, 08:51)fantasticn Wrote: @mardukL 
I still sticking to the clean and simple MenuTiles layout which makes for fantastic main menu and place to start from. And I like the animation of the turning tiles as well as the changing backgrounds. There is only three things that I would love to see:

- Video background overlay while playing. Currently this does not seem to work for the MenuTile layout. So you can only hear of there is something playing in the background but you cannot see it.
- Adjustment of the folder path for the backgrounds. Currently it seems that you cannot set the background path for the MenuTile layout in the background section. So I have copied my additional backgrounds in the respective addon folder for now.
- Adjustment of the menu tiles per row. Currently it is fixed to 4. That makes like 4 rows for me. I would love to have 5 or even 6 tiles per row for not having too man rows that are out of sight. Even better would be to have the tile size selectable and than have maybe three rows visible on the page.

That's it from my end. Still waiting for weather section, PVR and other things to come. But take your time and keep up the good work!

yeah, I REMEMBER Wink

At least a custom path for rotating artwork background in hometile layout can be set now...
https://github.com/marduklev/skin.swan-a...ae8c83d353

the rest is still on to do
Many thanks for the hint. Will try
(2021-06-27, 12:40)fantasticn Wrote:
(2021-06-26, 14:49)mardukL Wrote:
(2021-06-26, 08:51)fantasticn Wrote: @mardukL 
I still sticking to the clean and simple MenuTiles layout which makes for fantastic main menu and place to start from. And I like the animation of the turning tiles as well as the changing backgrounds. There is only three things that I would love to see:

- Video background overlay while playing. Currently this does not seem to work for the MenuTile layout. So you can only hear of there is something playing in the background but you cannot see it.
- Adjustment of the folder path for the backgrounds. Currently it seems that you cannot set the background path for the MenuTile layout in the background section. So I have copied my additional backgrounds in the respective addon folder for now.
- Adjustment of the menu tiles per row. Currently it is fixed to 4. That makes like 4 rows for me. I would love to have 5 or even 6 tiles per row for not having too man rows that are out of sight. Even better would be to have the tile size selectable and than have maybe three rows visible on the page.

That's it from my end. Still waiting for weather section, PVR and other things to come. But take your time and keep up the good work!

yeah, I REMEMBER Wink

At least a custom path for rotating artwork background in hometile layout can be set now...
https://github.com/marduklev/skin.swan-a...ae8c83d353

the rest is still on to do
Many thanks for the hint. Will try
No Problem, still working on something

Currently i tend to prefer a overlay control instead of background preview control for currently playing items in Home Tile layout...

https://streamable.com/t1avxj

But, early WIP and still a bit unlucky about the "playback control" buttons

watch gallery
Wow, that's really great work. I very much appreciate that you have put your focus in the MenuTile layout again. And I really like what you have come up with. Can't wait to adjust the number of tiles per row. And it's great to be able to see whats's runnning in the background when you are in main menu. I think it's a good idea to go for a small overlay instead of a full background overlay, at least if you also want to add control panels to it. Looking forward to the new built on githup ;-) Thanks very much for you hard work!
Hey Marduk, lovely skin and I've been wanting to try it for ages. I finally decided to update to Matrix and really want to try it but I am having a problem right off the start, I'm hoping you can help me. This is with a Nvidia Shield.

I deleted my old setup completely and installed Matrix from scratch, and then installed the skin. I haven't added any library content yet or modified any other settings, but I cannot get off the home screen with the Shield remote. None of the buttons I press do anything at all on screen, but I can hear the Kodi UI sounds. The only way I can access anything is if I attach a usb keyboard and hit the 'm' key, then once I'm in the settings menus I can use the Shield remote to navigate. Once I return to the home screen again, the remote does nothing. I tried using the button mapper add-on to add a 'm' key to the remote but I couldn't make that work either. 

Anything I can do? This is on the tv in my bedroom and I really don't want to sleep with a keyboard. Thank you for all your work.
Hello. Is it possible to show the number of unwatched or new episodes in a TV show widget?
let's say a small number in the corner of a poster?

And another request is an Autoclose OSD option. On my Shield with the Shield remote you have always press on the back button after pause/play to close the OSD. Would that maybe be possible?

Thanks
(2021-06-29, 09:40)fantasticn Wrote: Wow, that's really great work. I very much appreciate that you have put your focus in the MenuTile layout again.
And I really like what you have come up with. Can't wait to adjust the number of tiles per row.
And it's great to be able to see whats's runnning in the background when you are in main menu.
I think it's a good idea to go for a small overlay instead of a full background overlay, at least if you also want to add control panels to it. Looking forward to the new built on githup ;-)
Thanks very much for you hard work!

Thx.
- the plan for auto colum usage failed last time, so i think i will use a setting in future
( default 4 , optional : 5,6,7 columns , i think about if i want shrink size to get 3 rows of items , but no promise)
- later i will playaround with a 'automatic' submenu , means if there are 'subitems' present it should possible to show and focus them.
( CURRENTLY there is no plan to have customizable submenu linked to specific mainmenu items )

(2021-06-29, 19:08)rox56 Wrote: Hey Marduk, lovely skin and I've been wanting to try it for ages.
I finally decided to update to Matrix and really want to try it but I am having a problem right off the start,
I'm hoping you can help me. This is with a Nvidia Shield.

I deleted my old setup completely and installed Matrix from scratch,
and then installed the skin. I haven't added any library content yet or modified any other settings,
but I cannot get off the home screen with the Shield remote.
None of the buttons I press do anything at all on screen, but I can hear the Kodi UI sounds.
The only way I can access anything is if I attach a usb keyboard and hit the 'm' key, then once I'm in the settings menus I can use the Shield remote to navigate.
Once I return to the home screen again, the remote does nothing.
I tried using the button mapper add-on to add a 'm' key to the remote but I couldn't make that work either.

Anything I can do? This is on the tv in my bedroom and I really don't want to sleep with a keyboard. Thank you for all your work.

oops, i didnt cared enough for a fresh install atm, i will fix it in next update.
i think the fastest and easiest, because you can attach an usb keyboard is
- bring up shutdown menu , by press ' s ' key and select the settings button. ( this bring you to setting window )
a) go to "media" setting and set/scrape your media
or/and
b) go to skinsetting -> than define your widgets and home main menu

(2021-06-29, 20:48)Aaiemron Wrote: Hello. Is it possible to show the number of unwatched or new episodes in a TV show widget?
let's say a small number in the corner of a poster?
hm...i think about it ( where to and how to place )

(2021-06-29, 20:48)Aaiemron Wrote: And another request is an Autoclose OSD option.
On my Shield with the Shield remote you have always press on the back button after pause/play to close the OSD.
Would that maybe be possible?
Thanks

ok. that means when hit 'play' or 'pause' the osd buttons show up?!...
hm...i will do some test and add a setting or auto close if possible.
(2021-06-30, 11:19)mardukL Wrote:
(2021-06-29, 09:40)fantasticn Wrote: Wow, that's really great work. I very much appreciate that you have put your focus in the MenuTile layout again.
And I really like what you have come up with. Can't wait to adjust the number of tiles per row.
And it's great to be able to see whats's runnning in the background when you are in main menu.
I think it's a good idea to go for a small overlay instead of a full background overlay, at least if you also want to add control panels to it. Looking forward to the new built on githup ;-)
Thanks very much for you hard work!

Thx.
- the plan for auto colum usage failed last time, so i think i will use a setting in future
( default 4 , optional : 5,6,7 columns , i think about if i want shrink size to get 3 rows of items , but no promise)
- later i will playaround with a 'automatic' submenu , means if there are 'subitems' present it should possible to show and focus them.
( CURRENTLY there is no plan to have customizable submenu linked to specific mainmenu items )
Thanks for the update. 6 tiles per rows is looking perfect. I think it is a good idea to have the number of tiles per row selectable (4,5,6,7). And I think I don't need smaller tiles to get more rows showing on screen since the tiles would surely become too small then. So don't put any efforts into this issue (as long as you don't want this feature yourself).

Submenu seems like a great idea. However, with the MenuTile main menu I am currently doing finde without them. However, any additional options are appreciated. But I think this will cause extensive work.

I have realized that you started implementing the TV option- TV list is already working but program info and program guide are still missing. Can't wait to see what you will come up with ;-)

So again, thank you very much for all your hard work and your great supprt! Though it is still VIP it is already the best skin available for Kodi.

Edit: Nice idea would be to have custom entries for the shutdown menu. Things like "Android settings", "Playstore" or even "Weather" don't necessarily need a prominent tile or a main menu entry. They could easily go into the shutdown menu.
ok. that means when hit 'play' or 'pause' the osd buttons show up?!...
[/quote]

Yes, that is what I mean. Autoclose the OSD buttons.
There are skin where you can choose the time for closing. 3 sec, 5 sec etc...

Thanks a lot in advance
(2021-06-30, 15:32)Aaiemron Wrote: ok. that means when hit 'play' or 'pause' the osd buttons show up?!...

I thought it'll be easy and fast task, but... i am a little bit lost as i cant reproduce a situation where the osd controls are visible after hit 'play_pause'.

So, just to be really sure it is needed, can you do me a favour and test -

1. install this addon script.keymap
2. run it Wink
3. navigate trough : - 'edit' -> 'fullscreen video' ->  ' playback ' -> ' Play - ' -> ' edit key
4. a notification will pop up : HIT the whished button to play paue your video.
5. navigate back till you can click the ' save ' button.

I tested this with an IRC-USB remote and work flawless on my side.
Means, no OSD will be shown, just the info (thumb,labels,plot) will be visible.

Otherwise i have an 'workaround' which isnt perfect here
(download latest git version and copy paste the xml folder, overwrite when prompted )-> https://github.com/marduklev/skin.swan-a...7b37961c5c

If the use of Keymap Editor fails, can you point me to a skin which has a working solution for that case ?
(2021-07-01, 17:24)mardukL Wrote:
(2021-06-30, 15:32)Aaiemron Wrote: ok. that means when hit 'play' or 'pause' the osd buttons show up?!...

I thought it'll be easy and fast task, but... i am a little bit lost as i cant reproduce a situation where the osd controls are visible after hit 'play_pause'.

So, just to be really sure it is needed, can you do me a favour and test -

1. install this addon script.keymap
2. run it Wink
3. navigate trough : - 'edit' -> 'fullscreen video' ->  ' playback ' -> ' Play - ' -> ' edit key
4. a notification will pop up : HIT the whished button to play paue your video.
5. navigate back till you can click the ' save ' button.

I tested this with an IRC-USB remote and work flawless on my side.
Means, no OSD will be shown, just the info (thumb,labels,plot) will be visible.

Otherwise i have an 'workaround' which isnt perfect here
(download latest git version and copy paste the xml folder, overwrite when prompted )-> https://github.com/marduklev/skin.swan-a...7b37961c5c

If the use of Keymap Editor fails, can you point me to a skin which has a working solution for that case ?
Thanks for the answer. I will give it a try later in the evening.
Skins that do have an Autoclose OSD option are for example Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded, Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Resurrection, Amber and more.
I have tested the keymap solution and it works. Thanks for explaining it.
But actualy that's not a perfect solution for me. 

When I press the big round button on my Nvidia remote the OSD shows up. And that is something I want.
Because sometimes I have to search for subs, want to press fast forward or backward etc..
But then after pressing on the play button again, the play button stays focused and the OSD doesn't dissappear. Not automaticaly anyway.
And that is possible with some other skins. In the skins I mentioned before.

So I hope you will find a solution for this.
Thanks for the help so far.
(2021-07-01, 18:31)Aaiemron Wrote: I have tested the keymap solution and it works. Thanks for explaining it.
But actualy that's not a perfect solution for me. 

When I press the big round button on my Nvidia remote the OSD shows up. And that is something I want.
Because sometimes I have to search for subs, want to press fast forward or backward etc..
But then after pressing on the play button again, the play button stays focused and the OSD doesn't dissappear. Not automaticaly anyway.
And that is possible with some other skins. In the skins I mentioned before.

So I hope you will find a solution for this.
Thanks for the help so far.
Hmm...ok...Just to be sure ;-)

I found this remote for the shield.

I assumed Button 9 should be configured  to use as play pause video withoud show up osd and Button 5 is for show up and focus osd (used as enter/select) ? Isn't it ?
Or is it another remote i found  ?

Sorry, but just like to understand ;-)
Help will come so or so... (so i will check the skins with my irc remote)
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
S W A N (alpha , updated April-2022)3