• 199(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
hi Bart - im tinkering with the alternative menubar - ive got the orientation of the items set to vertical whilst keeping the bar horizontal(default position) - got it so only one visible menu item and is centered in the bar. 
ive used a simple 'slide' effect to reposition the clock & date in the vacant space on the rightside.  im wanting to also reposition the statsbar inside the bar but the statsbar is behind the bar(i think it is called zorder) when i 'slide' it to the new position it is obscured by the bar, whereas clock&date can be seen.  
any help in changing the zorder so statsbar can be seen, thanks
add. - if helpful, apply a simple down slide animation onto the statsbar and onto clock & date to see what i mean.
I'll need to have a big chunk of time to try this out, but I shall... And ask questions as I go, ok?

Tia
(2021-06-21, 00:38)bsoriano Wrote: @udangaribaldi , @Macaroni Slick I have completed the work for having 7 posters instead of 5 for the small widget.  I also went ahead and increased the small thumbnail widget by 1.

This is how it looks for poster:

And this is how it looks with video playing in the background:

You do not need to turn on any new setting for this.  The changes are already on GitHub, but i have not uploaded a new version to the repo yet.

Regards,

Bart

Please let us know when the update to repo with the changes is up?
TIA
(2021-06-28, 07:22)rafi1 Wrote: Bug report:
On android, when installing the skip for the first time (latest, 4.1.4), all the default Skin-home-screen menu-items settings for the new "Widget Layout" field - are blank. Changing either the  "Widget set" or "Widget format" does not change this from blank.

Result: No thumbnails are being displayed. Always!

When changing it from blank to small/large - it never returns to blank

Result/expected result: All thumbnails/posters are being displayed properly
Expected behavior - om first install, all "Widget Layout"  fields - should be populated/set to "small" as default, so that  thumbnails will not vanish... Smile

FYI
@rafi1 , thank you for reporting this.  As you found out and user @udangaribaldi pointed out, there were multiple places in the skin where the implementation of the widget layout option was missing.  I have fixed that in version 4.1.5 of the skin, which is available on GitHub and the Xonfluence repository.

Now the skin will default the widget layout to Small, so there should be no issue on new installs.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-06-29, 12:43)Macaroni Slick Wrote:
(2021-06-21, 00:38)bsoriano Wrote: @udangaribaldi , @Macaroni Slick I have completed the work for having 7 posters instead of 5 for the small widget.  I also went ahead and increased the small thumbnail widget by 1.

You do not need to turn on any new setting for this.  The changes are already on GitHub, but i have not uploaded a new version to the repo yet.

Regards,

Bart

TIA
@Macaroni Slick , version 4.1.5, which has the changes, is already on the Xonfluence repository.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-06-22, 02:09)Blinkonce Wrote: I found another little oddity related to mouse focus.

In the first image you will see that the mouse is hovering over the movie poster for A Passage To India and you see the blue outline to show that it is highlighted.

When I move the mouse down to hover over the Star Trek III poster, as in the second image , instead of this being highlighted, the poster for the last poster on the first line, in this case Indiana Jones is highlighted.

In order to highlight a poster on a lower level I have to scroll down such the the second level has focus as shown in the third image.

I hope that my explanation makes sense.

When I was looking at using Xonfluence I did modify it such that it would install on a couple of Leia Windows installations that I have and noticed that the focus worked correctly in Leia by default, so this seems, on the surface. only to be an oddity with Matrix, that I have installed under both Windows and CoreELEC.

Thanks.
@Blinkonce, thank you for reporting this.  I found the issue and fixed it.  The changes are already on GitHub.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-06-28, 23:09)udangaribaldi Wrote: hi Bart - im tinkering with the alternative menubar - ive got the orientation of the items set to vertical whilst keeping the bar horizontal(default position) - got it so only one visible menu item and is centered in the bar. 
ive used a simple 'slide' effect to reposition the clock & date in the vacant space on the rightside.  im wanting to also reposition the statsbar inside the bar but the statsbar is behind the bar(i think it is called zorder) when i 'slide' it to the new position it is obscured by the bar, whereas clock&date can be seen.  
add. - if helpful, apply a simple down slide animation onto the statsbar and onto clock & date to see what i mean.
@udangaribaldi , what "alternative menubar", is this something you are adding? Also, I would not be able to help you with just that description of the issue.  I would need to see the code that you are modifying.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Hi Bart, one small issue with the latest version is that if there are not enough items to fill the widget completely then the widget is not centred on the home screen.

I noticed this when the new default set all my widgets back to 'small' after updating.

After changing to the 'large' setting I can confirm that the problem only exists with 'small' widgets. Large widgets are centred correctly even when there are not enough items to fill the widget completely.

THANKS for your continued work, it's most appreciated Nod
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2021-06-30, 22:03)jmh2002 Wrote: Hi Bart, one small issue with the latest version is that if there are not enough items to fill the widget completely then the widget is not centred on the home screen.

I noticed this when the new default set all my widgets back to 'small' after updating.

After changing to the 'large' setting I can confirm that the problem only exists with 'small' widgets. Large widgets are centred correctly even when there are not enough items to fill the widget completely.

@jmh2002 , thanks for reporting this.  I will fix this. 

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-06-30, 22:03)jmh2002 Wrote: Hi Bart, one small issue with the latest version is that if there are not enough items to fill the widget completely then the widget is not centred on the home screen.

@jmh2002 , I have uploaded some changes to GitHub that should fix the animations on the widgets to keep them centered when they have few items.  Please download the latest, test again and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-06-30, 21:22)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-06-29, 12:43)Macaroni Slick Wrote:

Regards,

Bart

TIA
@Macaroni Slick , version 4.1.5, which has the changes, is already on the Xonfluence repository.

Regards,

Bart

Thanxeversomuch
Silly question...
Changes on Matrix or Leia?
I am on Leia.
2 hellyrepo does not seem to have update
3 may I please have a download link? Github eludes me at this point
TIA
(2021-07-01, 06:04)Macaroni Slick Wrote: Silly question...
Changes on Matrix or Leia?
I am on Leia.
2 hellyrepo does not seem to have update
3 may I please have a download link? Github eludes me at this point
TIA
My apologies, I am only providing changes for Matrix.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
How many Recently added music album's small widget suppose to be presented?
I have 4 of them and they are aligned to the left - they are not centered on the screen.
(2021-06-30, 21:54)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-06-28, 23:09)udangaribaldi Wrote: hi Bart - im tinkering with the alternative menubar - ive got the orientation of the items set to vertical whilst keeping the bar horizontal(default position) - got it so only one visible menu item and is centered in the bar. 
@udangaribaldi , what "alternative menubar", is this something you are adding? Also, I would not be able to help you with just that description of the issue.  I would need to see the code that you are modifying.

Regards,

Bart

hi Bart, if you go to skin settings, global skin options tab - go to very bottom of the page and click on the 'menu look and feel' you will be able to select the alternative menubar.  
there is really only one alternative, the extra 2 stated are just the same 'alternative menu' with extras.  
'all i wish to do is lower the 'statsbar' so it can be seen in the menubar'.  so everything which shows in the statsbar should show in the menubar.  
if i use a slide effect, the statsbar goes behind the menubar.  - i came across some info on the wiki which makes me think it has to do with something called 'zorder'  
the code which i think should be tinkered with is in the IncludesNowPlaying.xml  - if i put a slide effect on the control at line 824 i can get it to slide - its just that zorder thing!?  

premise - put elements in the menubar - i.e. date & clock, statsbar, topleftinfo, the floorbuttons, possibly even notification messages.  
will give a new menubar plus extra space is now vailable on the homescreen which can now be utilised by something else.
  • 199(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13