• 48(current)
Mod ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH)
(2021-06-29, 17:16)pfp-az Wrote: It's been many years but this is sounding kind of familiar .  See the images in the first post as well as the conversation in posts 35-37.  Does this help or lead you in the right direction?

This is a bit of a shot in the dark...
Edit this file on your kodi device userdata\addon_data\skin.scope.nox\settings.xml
Find the setting for osd169 and change it to true
Reload and give that a try.

Sorry to say that this setting is not currently exposed in the UI, at least not that I can find.
Thanks for the tip!

Alas this did not work, i also tried putting 2.40 in the file name but the osd still comes up at the bottom and top of the scope image.

Surely there must be a way to do this with another setting?
(2021-06-30, 08:12)pfp-az Wrote:
(2021-06-27, 06:49)craigr Wrote:
(2021-06-27, 03:32)pfp-az Wrote: The shift view should be fixed with my latest build 1.26.6 which is here: https://github.com/pfp-az/ScopeNox/archi...1.26.6.zip
The formatting changes also affect the icons view which did not have the double placement of images.

It should be noted that since the last time I posted a build I made a modification to the movie info display adding: Data Added, Last played, and Play Count. These fields can not be suppressed at this time.
Well this is clearly outstanding!  Really, if you were to stop here I'd personally already be thrilled, but it sounds like you have even more planned  Cool

I love the date added, last played, and play count too.  I don't even see why you'd ever want to turn it off.  It twould be neet if you could have it say "Never" if the file hasn't been played and play cound read "0."  But blank as it is now makes the point just as effectivly.

If you feel like it, I think the shift view media info may be better if it is possible to show the same info as when the video is selected.  This is how it works now in the tile view.  For example, in shift if the movie is ATMOS it only says Dolby True-HD on the shift screen, but once the movie screen is selectted it says ATMOS for the audio track.  Similar for DTSX.  It's also a bit odd that ATMOS and DTSX only show two speakers in the layout.  Don't know if it's possible in the skin code, but I almost think a circle icon without any speakers would be cool for object-oriented audio tracks (or perhaps a solid rectangle the same width as a speaker square all the way around).  But seriously, this is already great and the best it's ever been!

Nicely done.

craigr

The audio channels is read from the movie file by whatever scraper is being used.  This skin is supposed to ignore what the scraper reports and pick up the channels from the file/folder name instead.  If the file/folder name does not contain this information then the data provided by the scraper is used.   The same applies to aspect ratio and audio codec (only for Atmos and DTSX).  The two screens shown here were not coded to follow the same rules in this regard.  One would always use the scraper data and the other would prefer the file/folder name before the scrapper.

In the case shown here if the file/folder name contains "2.0" then the skin will display it as 2 channels.  

I have since fixed the both screen to prefer file/folder names.

On a related note...  I mentioned aspect ratio works this way too.  This one can be really helpful because the video files actually are 16:9 with black bars on the top and bottom so the scraper will report them as 16:9.   If you include the aspect ratio "2.35" or "2.40" in the file/folder name they will display as 21:9 instead.
Thanks for version 1.26.7!  I'm so happy and grateful that you are putting forth so much effort  Cool

Question; so my folder names for movies are always the exact IMDB name and year:
The Bourne Supremacy (2004)

I always include an nfo file with the same name and a link to the IMDB page:
The Bourne Supremacy (2004).nfo
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0372183/

However, my actual video file name always contains the pertinent info that I want displayed:
The.Bourne.Supremacy.2004.UHD.BluRay.2160p.DTS-X.7.1.HEVC.REMUX-MyRIP.mkv

Since version ~1.26.6 or 1.26.7 I now ONLY get the stereo icon on both the tiles and shift views and in the movie selection view screen.  I have 7.1 in the movie file name and it was enough before.  Is it possible that you've changed something that requires that the parent directory also must have 7.1 to properly scrape the number of channels icon?  How could I go about changing this so that it uses only the file name to get the number of channels?  Or am I just totally confused?

Thanks again,
craigr
(2021-06-30, 07:29)pfp-az Wrote:
(2021-06-28, 18:51)craigr Wrote: Again, no idea if this is possible for you, but this might be a good icon for object oriented audio tracks like atmos and dtsx.

craigr

I'm not a big fan of adding my own icons to this mix and I've yet to even find the icons already being used.  I'm also not sure how to differentiate Atmos and DTS X from 7.1 since all three appear to show 8 channels in the meta data.
No problem!  Like I said, I'm already extremely happy with what you've improved and fixed.  I'm just throwing things our there as ideas really in case you like them or think you can make them happen.

Best,
craigr
(2021-07-01, 06:49)craigr Wrote:
(2021-06-30, 08:12)pfp-az Wrote:
(2021-06-27, 06:49)craigr Wrote: Well this is clearly outstanding!  Really, if you were to stop here I'd personally already be thrilled, but it sounds like you have even more planned  Cool

I love the date added, last played, and play count too.  I don't even see why you'd ever want to turn it off.  It twould be neet if you could have it say "Never" if the file hasn't been played and play cound read "0."  But blank as it is now makes the point just as effectivly.

If you feel like it, I think the shift view media info may be better if it is possible to show the same info as when the video is selected.  This is how it works now in the tile view.  For example, in shift if the movie is ATMOS it only says Dolby True-HD on the shift screen, but once the movie screen is selectted it says ATMOS for the audio track.  Similar for DTSX.  It's also a bit odd that ATMOS and DTSX only show two speakers in the layout.  Don't know if it's possible in the skin code, but I almost think a circle icon without any speakers would be cool for object-oriented audio tracks (or perhaps a solid rectangle the same width as a speaker square all the way around).  But seriously, this is already great and the best it's ever been!

Nicely done.

craigr

The audio channels is read from the movie file by whatever scraper is being used.  This skin is supposed to ignore what the scraper reports and pick up the channels from the file/folder name instead.  If the file/folder name does not contain this information then the data provided by the scraper is used.   The same applies to aspect ratio and audio codec (only for Atmos and DTSX).  The two screens shown here were not coded to follow the same rules in this regard.  One would always use the scraper data and the other would prefer the file/folder name before the scrapper.

In the case shown here if the file/folder name contains "2.0" then the skin will display it as 2 channels.  

On a related note...  I mentioned aspect ratio works this way too.  This one can be really helpful because the video files actually are 16:9 with black bars on the top and bottom so the scraper will report them as 16:9.   If you include the aspect ratio "2.35" or "2.40" in the file/folder name they will display as 21:9 instead.
Thanks for version 1.26.7!  I'm so happy and grateful that you are putting forth so much effort  Cool

Question; so my folder names for movies are always the exact IMDB name and year:

However, my actual video file name always contains the pertinent info that I want displayed:

Since version ~1.26.6 or 1.26.7 I now ONLY get the stereo icon on both the tiles and shift views and in the movie selection view screen.  I have 7.1 in the movie file name and it was enough before.  Is it possible that you've changed something that requires that the parent directory also must have 7.1 to properly scrape the number of channels icon?  How could I go about changing this so that it uses only the file name to get the number of channels?  Or am I just totally confused?

Thanks again,
craigr

7.1 is in the file/folder name and nothing else matches another channel configuration so it should using that.   
On 1.26.7 do the shift view and the movie details view both show 2.0?
Could you post your NFO file for this movie?
I'll see what I can figure out.
(2021-07-01, 17:27)pfp-az Wrote:
(2021-06-30, 08:12)pfp-az Wrote: The audio channels is read from the movie file by whatever scraper is being used.  This skin is supposed to ignore what the scraper reports and pick up the channels from the file/folder name instead.  If the file/folder name does not contain this information then the data provided by the scraper is used.   The same applies to aspect ratio and audio codec (only for Atmos and DTSX).  The two screens shown here were not coded to follow the same rules in this regard.  One would always use the scraper data and the other would prefer the file/folder name before the scrapper.

Thanks again,
craigr

7.1 is in the file/folder name and nothing else matches another channel configuration so it should using that.   
Yes, in both shift view and movie details 2.0 is displayed.  Also in tiled view as you may expect.  It is vexing eh?  I think that in 1.26.6 only movie details view showed 2.0, but shift still showed the full number of channels.. but it may have been the version before that.  I could reload 1.26.6 and let you know (I'll try and do it tonight but we have a lot going on).

So I don't clutter up this thread here is my nfo file:
https://www.cir-engineering.com/bin/kodi...-MyRIP.nfo

Thanks for checking it out!

craigr
(2021-07-01, 17:27)pfp-az Wrote:
(2021-06-30, 08:12)pfp-az Wrote: The audio channels is read from the movie file by whatever scraper is being used.  This skin is supposed to ignore what the scraper reports and pick up the channels from the file/folder name instead.  If the file/folder name does not contain this information then the data provided by the scraper is used.   The same applies to aspect ratio and audio codec (only for Atmos and DTSX).  The two screens shown here were not coded to follow the same rules in this regard.  One would always use the scraper data and the other would prefer the file/folder name before the scrapper.

Thanks again,
craigr

Perhaps this is the interesting part...

Quote:<audio>
    <codec>dtshd_ma</codec>
    <language>eng</language>
    <channels>8</channels>
</audio>
<audio>
    <codec>ac3</codec>
    <language>eng</language>
    <channels>2</channels>
</audio>

Seems to be getting the icon from the least common denominator; my AC3 compatibility track.

EDIT:  Even though the skin also simultaneously shows the HD audio icon correctly.

craigr
It should be coming from the file name since that includes 7.1.  But the multiple audio tracks is interesting.

Below is the code that gets the audio from the folder / file name.
AudioChannelCustom is what is being displayed in the skin.
ListItem.AudioChannels is what comes from the scraper and this is used if a match os not found in the name. 

xml:

<variable name="AudioChannelCustom">
        <value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.FileNameAndPath,1.0)">1</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.FileNameAndPath,2.0)">2</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.FileNameAndPath,2.1)">3</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.FileNameAndPath,4.0)">4</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.FileNameAndPath,4.1)">5</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.FileNameAndPath,5.1)">6</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.FileNameAndPath,6.1)">7</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.FileNameAndPath,7.1)">8</value>
        <value>$INFO[ListItem.AudioChannels]</value>
    </variable>

I'll try to look into this tomorrow.
I am a bit stumped.  I created an empty text file and renamed it using the name you provided above.  Not being able to scrape the file this is the best view I could get but codec and channels are both displayed correctly and definitely coming from the file name.

(2021-07-02, 04:54)pfp-az Wrote: I am a bit stumped.  I created an empty text file and renamed it using the name you provided above.  Not being able to scrape the file this is the best view I could get but codec and channels are both displayed correctly and definitely coming from the file name.

Weird...
Try refreshing on the movie details page.
(2021-07-02, 04:16)pfp-az Wrote: It should be coming from the file name since that includes 7.1.  But the multiple audio tracks is interesting.

Below is the code that gets the audio from the folder / file name.
AudioChannelCustom is what is being displayed in the skin.
ListItem.AudioChannels is what comes from the scraper and this is used if a match os not found in the name. 

xml:

<variable name="AudioChannelCustom">
        <value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.FileNameAndPath,1.0)">1</value>
        <value>$INFO[ListItem.AudioChannels]</value>
    </variable>

I'll try to look into this tomorrow.

4,000 words.

ScopeNox-1.26.7

ScopeNox-1.26.6

Same files.
(2021-07-02, 05:43)pfp-az Wrote: Try refreshing on the movie details page.

I'll go try it.

I wonder what would happen if this were coded in the opposite order?
Quote:<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.FileNameAndPath,1.0)">1</value>

No go.  Even removed the movie from my database and then rescanned.  Same results.

craigr
The differences you are noticing is expected.
On 1.26.6 the shift view only took audio codec and audio channels from the metadata but the movie details preferred the file name for both.
On 1.26.7 the shift view was changed to prefer both these values from the file name too.
What will be 1.26.8 fixes a problem with identifying DTS-X.

I need to figure out why the file name is making it see 2.0.
(2021-07-02, 05:47)craigr Wrote:

I'll go try it.

I wonder what would happen if this were coded in the opposite order?
Quote:<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.FileNameAndPath,1.0)">1</value>

I suspect this would get you the results you are expecting but would not resolve the issue of why it was being identified as 2.0 when in this order.

Also what version of Kodi are you on? 19.1?
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH)3