CinemaVision broken on Matrix - Is there any replacement ?
Hi,

Kodi is currently fullfilling all my dreams for my home cinema. I'm using it as a client for my Jellyfin server, I also use some addons for Trakt scrobbling, subtitles downloading....
The only thing I'm missing would be a way to have a "cinema experience" plugin, when I'm watching with friends. What I would love would be a way to make playlists before the movie that are part pre-made, part random. Like I would love to have some video bumpers (for announcing Trailers, Short-movie, Feature movie....  I could make those videos myself). And then, it could show random trailers according to what's currently in cinemas, or what is in my library, accordingly to the rating or genre of the movie that will be showed after.

That is exactly what CinemaVision ("""new"""" version of CinemaExperience) is proposing. Sadly, CinemaVision has been completely abandonned for years and has not been updated since Kodi 17. I found some workaround to make it work a bit on Kodi Leia, but even there it was completely buggy and not really usable. Now on Matrix, it can no longer be installed (it shows an error that the dependency xbmc.python.2 is missing).

Is there a replacement ? I searched a lot about this but I didn't find anything like it. I found that strange because I guess that's something a lot of people would want for their home cinema. Do you know a replacement or a fix for CinemaVision ?

Thanks in advance for any answer. Any help is welcome.
Have a great day !
(2021-06-28, 22:36)LeVraiRoiDHyrule Wrote: (it shows an error that the dependency xbmc.python.2 is missing).

That is a pretty good indication that the script needs to be adapted for Python-3, something that Kodi 19 is dependent on and what is not an 'easy fix'.
(2021-06-28, 22:46)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-06-28, 22:36)LeVraiRoiDHyrule Wrote: (it shows an error that the dependency xbmc.python.2 is missing).

That is a pretty good indication that the script needs to be adapted for Python-3, something that Kodi 19 is dependent on and what is not an 'easy fix'.

Thanks for your answer.
Yes, that's why I'm looking to find an alternative. I'm not good enough in python to port it to python 3, and the développement of this add-on is completely dead. So I don't expect them to port it. But I think I'm not the only one looking to get a cinema experience on Kodi, so there may be alternatives but I didn't find any during my researches. Maybe because I don't really know what words to use for searching.
(2021-06-28, 22:54)LeVraiRoiDHyrule Wrote: the développement of this add-on is completely dead.
Resuscitation is always the hope, the original artists still lurk here.
(2021-06-29, 17:54)PatK Wrote:
(2021-06-28, 22:54)LeVraiRoiDHyrule Wrote: the développement of this add-on is completely dead.
I thought there has been some work on it for Matrix?  I haven't followed too closely because it seemed to be drifting to a subscription model to get the bits and pieces that CV can run, so I haven't really tested it on Matrix.  FWIW I did update it so at least it will run but haven't otherwise tested it.  You can take a look at my skin repo for that and some other addons that have not been officially updated for Matrix (see my sig for github links).

scott s.
(2021-06-29, 23:36)scott967 Wrote:
(2021-06-29, 17:54)PatK Wrote:
I thought there has been some work on it for Matrix?  I haven't followed too closely because it seemed to be drifting to a subscription model to get the bits and pieces that CV can run, so I haven't really tested it on Matrix.  FWIW I did update it so at least it will run but haven't otherwise tested it.  You can take a look at my skin repo for that and some other addons that have not been officially updated for Matrix (see my sig for github links).

scott s.

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

Thanks a lot for having added CinemaVision on your repo too !

I downloaded it from your repo, but I'm getting errors and it's not usable. If by any chance you are interested to look into it, I'm sharing the log here : https://paste.kodi.tv/habowoyima.kodi
But I totally understand if you don't want too, I'm probably the only person here wanting to use this addon.

Anyway, have a great day !
(2021-07-03, 01:57)LeVraiRoiDHyrule Wrote:
(2021-06-29, 23:36)scott967 Wrote:
(2021-06-29, 17:54)PatK Wrote: Resuscitation is always the hope, the original artists still lurk here.

scott s.

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

Thanks a lot for having added CinemaVision on your repo too !

I downloaded it from your repo, but I'm getting errors and it's not usable. If by any chance you are interested to look into it, I'm sharing the log here : https://paste.kodi.tv/habowoyima.kodi
But I totally understand if you don't want too, I'm probably the only person here wanting to use this addon.

Anyway, have a great day !
I, and many other users, have been wanting to use this add-on as well since it was one of the best and helped to put the theater back in home theater. I really hope it can be updated to work with Matrix. Subscribing to this thread.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Nexus + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR 204 RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ Z83 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
(2021-07-06, 01:51)MidnightWatcher Wrote: Subscribing to this thread.
This is the 'windows' support forum, best to lurk in the CV pages, or even the external support. Add-on:CinemaVision (wiki)
CinemaVision has its (their?) own website.  It looks like they are still trying to update the addon.   I took another look and got rid of the obvious Kodi 19 errors, and got it to run, but it isn't playing the experience sequence.  Probably it has been years since I last used it and I might not have things set up correctly.  I will play around some more with it.  I have my files on my github scott967 on the Matrix_py3 branch of the forked script.cinemavision , feel free to take a look if interested.

scott s.
We finally have a beta of CinemaVision available for 19:
https://cinemavision.tv/files/file/676-c...r-kodi-19/
(2021-09-15, 03:16)Savant Wrote: We finally have a beta of CinemaVision available for 19:

Thanks ! I'll try that right now !

Thank you very much for continuing the development of this addon !
(2021-09-15, 03:16)Savant Wrote: We finally have a beta of CinemaVision available for 19:
Great! Don't use the addon but I'm glad for the many people that surely will love this development.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CinemaVision broken on Matrix - Is there any replacement ?0