• 158(current)
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
@Glorious1 I believe I've traced this to the source and fixed a little logic error, let me know if it works correctly now:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/06nz0o70a...l.zip/file
ViMediaManager - The Best Media Manager for macOS
@MariusTh86 Yes!  You nailed it.  Things seem to be in the right order with the right information and images now.

I did notice a minor thing — I recall if I choose Fetch Metadata for a selected series, it should replace existing data.  It does ask if it should replace existing images, to which I reply yes.  (Actually, it asks this twice, in between it goes to that Manual Search window to confirm the identity of the series.)  But nothing gets replaced.  I have to manually delete the nfos and jpgs to get them replaced.  As I said, not a big deal.

Thank you!
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
I had to think for a moment before I understood what you meant. The function to 'replace images' is limited to specific images directly in the tv shows folder. Skipping episode thumbs.
I'm not looking to change that at the moment, but I'll try to keep it in mind since it is an oversight on my part.
OK, I see.  So I guess the same is true of the episode nfos — they're not intended to be replaced when you Fetch Metadata?
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
(2021-02-03, 19:55)Glorious1 Wrote: OK, I see.  So I guess the same is true of the episode nfos — they're not intended to be replaced when you Fetch Metadata?

While fetching the episode guide and matching episodes files to the episodes in the guide, when ViMM encounters an episode with both a thumb and a .nfo present, it will actually skip fetching information for that episode and 'quickly' move on to the next one in order to speed up the process.

The easiest solution would be to reveal the episodes in the finder, sort by kind/file type, and move all but the episode files to the trash.
In TV shows, I'm hoping to get episode guest stars and their roles to show in Kodi.  I noticed VIMM puts a list of guest stars between <guests> tags, but there are no roles and they don't show up in Kodi anyway.

The TVDB scraper in Kodi results in showing guest stars in the episode cast list, but no roles.  The "TMDB TV shows" scraper results in both guest stars and their roles showing.  The TMDB content doesn't seem as good though, and anyway, it's not VIMM!

I'm wondering how hard it would be to modify the VIMM scraper to get that information?  I guess it would go in each episode nfo like
xml:
    <actor id="">
        <name></name>
        <role></role>
        <thumb></thumb>
    </actor>

****** EDIT ******* I've done some playing around with the API, and I'm starting to think they don't provide episode guest star roles on the API.  They just added the field for guest star roles a year or two ago.
I don't see a way to tag 'starring' actors on kodi's NFO wiki.
(2021-05-27, 00:18)MariusTh86 Wrote: I don't see a way to tag 'starring' actors on kodi's NFO wiki.
Here in the episodes nfo page (https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/Episodes#nfo_Tags), one of the last rows in the table has the actors tags as above. 

I wasn't suggesting separating between guest "stars" and regular guests (TVDB calls them all Guest Stars).  I'm suggesting putting all the people in your <guests> tag into separate actor tag, IF you can get their roles and thumbs if available.

I tried adding those tags to an episode nfo and it works, shows up in Kodi with the name and role.

The question is whether the TVDB API provides the roles for episode actors.
There seem to be some changes going on with Kodi skins and extrafanart.  They're now saying it should not be in an extrafanart folder, but in the main folder movie or tv show folder, and it must be fanart.xxx, fanart1.xxx, fanart2.xxx, etc.  I wrote a script to move and rename all the extrafanart in my library.  Any chance of ViMM being tweaked to do that when scraping?

Also it seems like TVDB is now will soon require payment for a PIN to use their data (or they say people that work on the data can get a free one).  The idea is that an application would be written so the user can add their PIN to get access. 

I guess if ViMM is worked on in the future, it would be nice to add the TVDB PIN functionality.  In the meantime, is there any way to force it to use IMDB instead of the MovieDb?
I've added an option (which is off by default) to save extra fanarts in a folder when checked, or inside the main movie folder if unchecked. It can be found under Preferences > Extras > 'Save ExtraFanarts in separate folder'. Please let me know if the name is clear enough.

I've also fixed the IMDb information fetcher since the new layout had broken it completely.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/a62y62nwy...l.zip/file

My future plans for if the TVDB was put behind a paywall, I was thinking more along the line of cutting it out entirely and replacing it with a new TMDB scraper for TV shows.
I had done some work along these lines, but it hasn't been finished yet and the current version/nightly builds still uses the TVDB. Luckily this still seems to work for now.
(2021-07-06, 01:19)MariusTh86 Wrote: I've added an option (which is off by default) to save extra fanarts in a folder when checked, or inside the main movie folder if unchecked. It can be found under Preferences > Extras > 'Save ExtraFanarts in separate folder'. Please let me know if the name is clear enough.

I've also fixed the IMDb information fetcher since the new layout had broken it completely.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/a62y62nwy...l.zip/file

My future plans for if the TVDB was put behind a paywall, I was thinking more along the line of cutting it out entirely and replacing it with a new TMDB scraper for TV shows.
I had done some work along these lines, but it hasn't been finished yet and the current version/nightly builds still uses the TVDB. Luckily this still seems to work for now.
This is great, thank you. 

Maybe TVDB is serving the older API v. 3 to people who don't have a PIN?
Just having a look at this on my mac , I see "subtitles" is ticked by default in preferences , but doesnt appear to be downloading any and I can't see an option to do a manual subtitle search, or anywhere to configure a subtitle provider ?
(2021-07-06, 21:05)ontap Wrote: Just having a look at this on my mac , I see "subtitles" is ticked by default in preferences , but doesnt appear to be downloading any and I can't see an option to do a manual subtitle search, or anywhere to configure a subtitle provider ?

That is right. It was my intention to add support for subtitle downloading, but I didn’t get around to that. I’m sorry for the confusion.

(2021-07-06, 19:32)Glorious1 Wrote: Maybe TVDB is serving the older API v. 3 to people who don't have a PIN?

I’m not sure why it’s still working, but for now I’m glad that it does. Though I’m expecting it won’t last forever if they keep the Paywall.
Is there a current version that works consistently on macOS 11.6.3? Or even macOS 12? The latest version on the GitHub page is a couple of years old and just locks up for me when scanning my movies directory.
Hi Chase,

The latest release is from August 2021 and is available on Mediafire. It's a universal build which I currently use on MacOS 12, but should work fine on earlier releases.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/66yfjm9ie...l.zip/file

Let me know how it goes!
  • 158(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!19