Linux Radio add on fails over VPN connection
I am in Australia, using the Radio addon version 3.0.6+matrix.1 on media centres in our house, a mix of Linux and android clients. Our home network goes out over a VPN server  in Melbourne, AU. 

For the last couple of months the addon hasn't worked. On start up "working" would remain up until it crashed kodi. Looking at the log there were netwrok related errors;  "cannot connect",  timed out errors etc.

This morning I disabled the VPN and the Radio add on worked.

Re-enabling the VPN results in the cannot connect errors and crash Kodi.

Why would a VPN connection cause the Radio add on to fail. is it by design?

Thanks
(2021-07-29, 02:02)waddacrock Wrote: Why would a VPN connection cause the Radio add on to fail. is it by design?
VPN's are something we don't deal with on this forum. Kodi works perfectly fine without a VPN (as you have discovered) and it is seen as a 3rd party modification.

You probably won't receive a lot of help here regarding the VPN issue.

It won't be by design. You will need to check your Debug Log and there should be some clues in there. If not, then also enable Component Logging for libcURL and check again for error messages.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Radio add on fails over VPN connection0