• 221(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2021-08-09, 15:29)shedrock Wrote: Can you tell me what I may be doing wrong?

Hi... Smile

I'm using amber 3.4.26 installed from amber.repository-matrix. All add-ons install from Kodi official repository and everything is working fine.
I would suggest uninstall the problematic add-ons with it's data and re-install from Kodi repository...

Let me know if I can be of further assistance...
(2021-08-08, 16:10)lynxstrike Wrote: If you have the time, may be you could add an option to change color and transparency on the panels.
Thanks for all the time and hard work you put into keeping this skin one of the best...

@lynxstrike , you can already change the color and transparency of the panels in the media views.  You can go to Color Options in the Amber settings and change the "Media Views Background Tint" color:

And you can change the transparency of the selected color by using the "Opacity" slider, where 100% is totally opaque and 0% is totally transparent:

Please be aware that this requires script.skinhelper.colorpicker to work.  The addon is available in the Kodi repo, and Amber will prompt you to install it if you do not have it and attempt to change any of the color options.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-08-09, 15:29)shedrock Wrote: Can you tell me what I may be doing wrong?

@shedrock,

While I do not use Skin Helper Service, I do use Library Data Provider (install it from the Kodi Matrix repo), and I have tested successfully Skin Helper Wigets.  I think it is best to install the latest Marcel repo (https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...-1.0.3.zip) and update skin helper service from there, as well as skin helper service widgets.  Also, that is the only source for script.skin.helper.skinbackup, which Amber does use if installed for skin settings backup and restore.

Here you can see both library data provider and skin helper service widgets working:

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-08-09, 18:28)bsoriano Wrote: Regards,

Bart

Thanks Bart... !
Have an excellent week..   Smile
(2021-08-06, 18:26)beatmasterrs Wrote: @bsoriano just wanted to let you know, that there is may be an issue, when switching to a different profile

@beatmasterrs , I had a chance to test today, and under Windows, I am not seeing that issue.  I created a second profile and whenever I logoff from that profile or the master profile, I get the login screen (I enabled the login screen).  

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-08-09, 20:43)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-08-06, 18:26)beatmasterrs Wrote: @bsoriano just wanted to let you know, that there is may be an issue, when switching to a different profile

@beatmasterrs , I had a chance to test today, and under Windows, I am not seeing that issue.  I created a second profile and whenever I logoff from that profile or the master profile, I get the login screen (I enabled the login screen).  

Regards,

Bart

I also could not reproduce that issue. In estuary mod v2 this issue seems to be also present: https://github.com/b-jesch/skin.estuary.modv2/issues/5 . But thanks for your feedback Smile
(2021-08-09, 20:47)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2021-08-09, 20:43)bsoriano Wrote:

Regards,

Bart

I also could not reproduce that issue. In estuary mod v2 this issue seems to be also present: https://github.com/b-jesch/skin.estuary.modv2/issues/5 . But thanks for your feedback Smile
@beatmasterrs , I spoke too soon.  If I set all of the profiles to have a custom startup image or video, then I have the issue that you mentioned. I will evaluate how to solve without losing current functionality.  Thanks again for pointing this out.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-08-09, 18:36)bsoriano Wrote: While I do not use Skin Helper Service, I do use Library Data Provider (install it from the Kodi Matrix repo), and I have tested successfully Skin Helper Widgets.
I am using Kodi's Library Data Provider, as well as Marcel's Repo addons. It just doesn't work for me.

UPDATE: Bart, it seems to work on Windows 10, but I was testing on Windows 8.1. I'm not sure why. Anyway, it doesn't really matter, because I will be using LibreELEC soon.

Shedrock
Dear @bsoriano ,

First of all, thank you so much for this amazing skin! I love it, it's so easy to customize and make my own 😄

I have a question for you. Possibly a silly one, but I can't seem to solve the issue myself. After I changed the scraper database from Python to Universal movie database, I can't see logos of the movies anywhere. Not in the library, not on the home page. I've checked all the skin settings, clear logos are activated...

I would really appreciate your help.

Regards,
Dasha
(2021-08-11, 09:32)Eolishe Wrote: I would really appreciate your help.

@Eolishe , thank you for your kind words! Smile

In terms of the logo, if you have them enabled to show in media views and in the home window and you are not seeing them, I would advise you to check if the Universal Movie Scraper is indeed loading the logos into your db.  Take a movie that you know should have a logo, go into the video information dialog, click on Extras, and then Choose Art:

And then see if there is indeed a clearlogo for the movie:

If there is not, then there is an issue with your scraper.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
I have seen this has been touched up on a few times but still having issues... Finally decided to go to Matrix from Krypton.... setup Amber from both default repo and then tried to add the 1.0.2 matrix repo...

I am trying to get the Jarvis style shelves, which is ok until I try to add the "recommended" episodes, but just cannot find this anywhere.. I looked as stated under Shelves, Episodes, Recommended, but I dont see any shelf labeled recommended at all....

Am I missing something? I also cleared data on both Amber installs....

Thanks!
(2021-08-11, 18:45)Zekeman Wrote: I have seen this has been touched up on a few times but still having issues... Finally decided to go to Matrix from Krypton.... setup Amber from both default repo and then tried to add the 1.0.2 matrix repo...

I am trying to get the Jarvis style shelves, which is ok until I try to add the "recommended" episodes, but just cannot find this anywhere.. I looked as stated under Shelves, Episodes, Recommended, but I dont see any shelf labeled recommended at all....

Thanks!

@Zekeman, the Recommended episodes shelf needs (always has) the service.skin.widgets addon.  This addon is not available in the Kodi Matrix repo, so you probably do not have it installed.  User @scott967 has been kind enough to update this addon for Matrix.  You can get it here: https://github.com/scott967/service.skin...ee/python3

Once you download it and install/enable it, please restart Kodi and configure the shelf.  Please let me know if this solves the issue for you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
@bsoriano  Hi Bart,

Just wanted to point out that the in amber (Matrix) the fonts for example in the Music section are very large. I have the fonts set to Small, but that on Amber (Leia) is set to Regular and I don't have this issue. I've attached a pic of the music in Low List view. Also, remember that problem I had with installing some add-ons? Well, it's present on Amber (Matrix) as well.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2021-08-11, 19:23)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-08-11, 18:45)Zekeman Wrote: I have seen this has been touched up on a few times but still having issues... Finally decided to go to Matrix from Krypton.... setup Amber from both default repo and then tried to add the 1.0.2 matrix repo...

Thanks!

@Zekeman, the Recommended episodes shelf needs (always has) the service.skin.widgets addon.  This addon is not available in the Kodi Matrix repo, so you probably do not have it installed.  User @scott967 has been kind enough to update this addon for Matrix.  You can get it here: https://github.com/scott967/service.skin...ee/python3

Once you download it and install/enable it, please restart Kodi and configure the shelf.  Please let me know if this solves the issue for you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano Thank you so much!!!
(2021-08-11, 20:33)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano  Hi Bart,

Just wanted to point out that the in amber (Matrix) the fonts for example in the Music section are very large. I have the fonts set to Small, but that on Amber (Leia) is set to Regular and I don't have this issue. I've attached a pic of the music in Low List view. Also, remember that problem I had with installing some add-ons? Well, it's present on Amber (Matrix) as well.

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock , there is no difference in the fonts in list views between Leia and Matrix.  In fact, and this was a conscious decision, the font is the same size for the list items in all list views (video, music or any other type), independent of the default font size setting. 

You could enable "Show More Items on List views" which, in essence, uses a smaller font for the list items.  This setting can be found here:

The result will be something like this:

Please note that the setting affects all list views.

As for the addon install issue, please provide me with a debug log of when the issue is happening so that I can evaluate further.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
  • 221(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5