• 207(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
(2021-07-20, 04:26)jmh2002 Wrote: n Media View 3, Runtime, Year, & Rating is positioned differently between Movies vs TV Shows

@jmh2002 , this is intentional.  I do not know why they are not showing in your screenshot, but the movies should have the media and certification flags underneath runtime/year/rating, thus there is less space available for the plot.  TV Shows do not show any flags, thus, there is more space for the plot.  For TV Shows I am not showing runtime, and that is why year/rating looks centered.  I will fix that, as they should be left aligned.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-08-10, 23:46)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-07-20, 04:26)jmh2002 Wrote: Media View 3, Runtime, Year, & Rating is positioned differently between Movies vs TV Shows

@jmh2002 , this is intentional...

(2021-08-10, 22:55)bsoriano Wrote: @jmh2002 , @Rudders ,  @VonMagnum,  can you please check the latest from GitHub and let me know if the centering issues are solved? Thanks.

@bsoriano Ok thank you Bart for the clarification and the continued support and updates.

I confirm that the centering issues are solved after a quick update and check. I'll let you know if I find any other problems after some normal use.

THANKS again Nod
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Hello all,

After a lot of real life delays, I will begin the work of using script.skinshortcuts for the menu/submenu/widgets in Xonfluence.  Part of what this brings is the ability to redefine what all of the menu items are, what are the submenu options for each menu item, and also the ability to have some default widgets already present on a new install or total reset of the skin settings.  So, my questions to you:

1. Are there any menu items you wish were included by default in Xonfluence which are not today?
2. Are there any submenu items that you wish were included by default in Xonfluence which are not today? If so, fo which menu item?
3. Are there any default widgets that you wish were included in Xonfluence? If so, which and for which menu item(s)?

It is important to note that my aim (a bit ambitious, as I am having to learn a few things I am not totally familiar with yet) is to have unlimited widgets per menu item, even though only one will show at a time.  Thus, for the default widgets that you would like to see, you can name more than one per menu item.

Another note on the default widgets is that they would not be optional, meaning that if you do not want any of them, you would have to delete them yourself.  This should not be an issue, since you will be able to configure the menu/submenu/widgets as you wish.

Finally, are there any of you that prefer the menu/submenu/widget system in Xonfluence to remain as is?  I understand that there might be some of you that do not like skins based on skinshortcuts, and I would like to know.

Thank you in advance for answering my questions; your answer will greatly influence the finished product.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
Hi there!

Can I request that we have the same "rating" sort option on TV Shows as in Movies - in the Kodi Library?

Currently Movies are:

And TV Shows are:

Thanks for your time!

Cheers,
Ken
(2021-08-12, 21:46)kenmills Wrote: Can I request that we have the same "rating" sort option on TV Shows as in Movies - in the Kodi Library?

@kenmills, unfortunately, that is not controlled by the skin, but by Kodi.  Thus, there is nothing I can do.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-08-12, 19:50)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

After a lot of real life delays, I will begin the work of using script.skinshortcuts for the menu/submenu/widgets in Xonfluence.  Part of what this brings is the ability to redefine what all of the menu items are, what are the submenu options for each menu item, and also the ability to have some default widgets already present on a new install or total reset of the skin settings.  So, my questions to you:

1. Are there any menu items you wish were included by default in Xonfluence which are not today?
2. Are there any submenu items that you wish were included by default in Xonfluence which are not today? If so, fo which menu item?
3. Are there any default widgets that you wish were included in Xonfluence? If so, which and for which menu item(s)?

It is important to note that my aim (a bit ambitious, as I am having to learn a few things I am not totally familiar with yet) is to have unlimited widgets per menu item, even though only one will show at a time.  Thus, for the default widgets that you would like to see, you can name more than one per menu item.

Another note on the default widgets is that they would not be optional, meaning that if you do not want any of them, you would have to delete them yourself.  This should not be an issue, since you will be able to configure the menu/submenu/widgets as you wish.

Finally, are there any of you that prefer the menu/submenu/widget system in Xonfluence to remain as is?  I understand that there might be some of you that do not like skins based on skinshortcuts, and I would like to know.

Thank you in advance for answering my questions; your answer will greatly influence the finished product.

Regards,

Bart

hi Bart - regarding some of your queries - 
- i wouldnt mind seeing a 'windows' menu item (could be a visible condition based on system platform) - there are onclicks actions now which can access/open files&folders and launch other programs on windows) which could be used for submenu items and or widget items.  
- 'system menu item' widget - use a bunch of settings or window ids as widget items - a sort of 'quick nav', instead of having to go into settings  
- As for skinshortscuts - i would prefer to leave as is....the Xonfluence Skin is loved for its ease and tinker-bility not just via the skin settings but from xonfluence's own xmls - it not needed imo - its gives with one hand but takes with the other - you might get more options - but the tinker-ability - ...have you tried tinkering with skins which use skinshortcuts!?
(2021-08-12, 19:50)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

Regards,

Bart

Yess!! Looking forward to this. This will allow so much more flexibility and ease of use. Thank you!!!
Question about the unlimited widgets on each item, will it be similar to Amber where pressing UP switches to next widget?
I don't mind new systems/features being added as long as it doesn't make it so you lose out on current functionality.
(2021-08-13, 14:03)jdig4240 Wrote: Question about the unlimited widgets on each item, will it be similar to Amber where pressing UP switches to next widget?

@jdig4240 , yes, it will be just like that.  I am thinking that up takes you to next widget, down takes you to previous, and back takes you back to the main menu.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-08-13, 14:30)pavichokche Wrote: I don't mind new systems/features being added as long as it doesn't make it so you lose out on current functionality.
@pavichokche , no current functionality will be lost, and you will gain the ability to fully customize the menu/submenu, as well as fully customize the widgets, including multiple widgets per menu item.  In a future release I will also add the ability to choose the atwork for the widgets, beyond poster and thumb (Fanart, Clear Logo, Banner, Disc Art, Landscape, Character Art, Clear Art).

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-08-13, 01:12)udangaribaldi Wrote: hi Bart - regarding some of your queries - 
- i wouldnt mind seeing a 'windows' menu item (could be a visible condition based on system platform) - there are onclicks actions now which can access/open files&folders and launch other programs on windows) which could be used for submenu items and or widget items.  
- 'system menu item' widget - use a bunch of settings or window ids as widget items - a sort of 'quick nav', instead of having to go into settings  
- As for skinshortscuts - i would prefer to leave as is....the Xonfluence Skin is loved for its ease and tinker-bility not just via the skin settings but from xonfluence's own xmls - it not needed imo - its gives with one hand but takes with the other - you might get more options - but the tinker-ability - ...have you tried tinkering with skins which use skinshortcuts!?

@udangaribaldi , what submenu items would appear on this "Windows" menu item, that would be useful to many users who have Windows as their OS?

- I am not sure I will add a System menu widget as you mention.  What I am thinking is that you will be able to add the submenu items as a widget.  Which sections of the Settings are not in submenu items today that you would like easier access to?

- I am definitely adding skinshortcuts, that is not subject to debate; what I am wondering is how many of the users would like to keep the menu system as-is, so that I can evaluate making the use of skinshortcuts an option.  If there are several users who would like the menu system to remain as-is, then I will consider the extra code required to make skinshortcuts an option.  If not, then the new menu/submenu/widget configuration will be based solely on skinshortcuts.

You can certainly tinker with skins based on skinshortcuts.  You just need to learn about skinshortcuts and how it works in order to tinker with them.  That is just what I did.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-08-13, 15:38)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-08-13, 01:12)udangaribaldi Wrote: hi Bart - regarding some of your queries - 

@udangaribaldi , what submenu items would appear on this "Windows" menu item, that would be useful to many users who have Windows as their OS?

- I am not sure I will add a System menu widget as you mention.  What I am thinking is that you will be able to add the submenu items as a widget.  Which sections of the Settings are not in submenu items today that you would like easier access to?

- I am definitely adding skinshortcuts, that is not subject to debate; what I am wondering is how many of the users would like to keep the menu system as-is, so that I can evaluate making the use of skinshortcuts an option.  If there are several users who would like the menu system to remain as-is, then I will consider the extra code required to make skinshortcuts an option.  If not, then the new menu/submenu/widget configuration will be based solely on skinshortcuts.

You can certainly tinker with skins based on skinshortcuts.  You just need to learn about skinshortcuts and how it works in order to tinker with them.  That is just what I did.

Regards,

Bart
by using System.Exec & System.ExecWait allows me to open files&folders and launch other programs on my pc - just by clicking on a floor button.   
examples:-  
(i) -    <onclick>System.Exec(shell:AppData)</onclick>  (this opens the %appdata% folder on my pc)
(ii) -   <onclick>System.ExecWait(notepad++.exe)</onclick>  (this open notepad++ on my pc)  

more shell commands and info about them can be found here https://windowsloop.com/windows-shell-commands/  
examples for submenu/widget options  -  shell:My Pictures, shell:MyComputerFolder, shell:My Video, shell:My Music, shellBig Grinownloads ,shell:AppData, shell:ControlPanelFolder
 as for using them to launch other programs - i would just add a couple for 'notepad++' and maybe 'gimp' - but 'adding programs' maybe more of an option for the end-user to add themselves.  

im just a bit apprehensive about 'skinshortscuts' - as it is a fundamental change to Xonfluence...but once in place im sure ill get over my nervousness Smile
(2021-08-12, 22:15)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-08-12, 21:46)kenmills Wrote: Can I request that we have the same "rating" sort option on TV Shows as in Movies - in the Kodi Library?

@kenmills, unfortunately, that is not controlled by the skin, but by Kodi.  Thus, there is nothing I can do.

Regards,

Bart
Ah, all good, thanks for replying.  And thanks again for your hard work on the skin!

Cheers,
Ken
'zorder'  -  it would seem i already knew the method but not the 'technical term' for it :p 
-  remember my idea to put clock & date, topleftinfo, statbar, etc. in the actual menubar itself Wink sorted!  
had to re-arrange some of the includes in home.xml (this is the 'zorder') - now they show in front of the menubar and not behind it Smile
(2021-08-04, 11:11)VonMagnum Wrote: Is the weather icon panel centered for others?  It's off-center in the latest version here like there's an extra day missing or something on the right side.

I managed to fix this by changing line 1082 from <left>15</left> to <left>240</left> in IncludesHomeWidget.xml
  • 207(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13