• 144(current)
Release Universal Movie Scraper
Hi,

As of a few days go, my scraper is no longer pulling down posters and images. Im not sure what has happened as it had been working fine for a while (there was an issue with TMDB a month or so ago which was resolved). Im using Libreelec on Raspberry Pi 2. Ive provided the full debug log below:

Logs

Thanks in advance.
@Piranha2004

Your log is locked. Please upload it to Kodi Paste Site
What language are you trying to scrape?

I have seen another two reports about the same issue, maybe @olympia can look at the issue?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-08-15, 09:18)Karellen Wrote: @Piranha2004

Your log is locked. Please upload it to Kodi Paste Site
What language are you trying to scrape?

I have seen another two reports about the same issue, maybe @olympia can look at the issue?
I tried to upload to the Kodi site but the logs were too big. Can you try again with the Google drive link again? Ive made it unrestricted hopefully. The movie in question is Hindi language but the scraping should be done in English. Also to note, that other movies in English are unable to pull down remote art.

EDIT: Forgot to add that I updated both TMDB and UMDB addons to the latest versions already.
(2021-08-15, 09:48)Piranha2004 Wrote: Can you try again with the Google drive link again?
You are using Kodi v18.2. That is quite old. You need to update to v18.9 at least as this fixes issues that were related to scrapers and cURL.

I scraped this movie and artwork was scraped. (I used v19.1)

I don't know what your settings are in UMS, but it looks like you are trying to download artwork exclusively from fanart.tv.
Fanart.tv has no artwork for this movie, which is why you have no artwork... https://fanart.tv/movie/599925/shershaah/

Change your settings to allow artwork from TMDB also. Or change to another scraper that uses TMDB exclusively.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-08-15, 10:28)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-08-15, 09:48)Piranha2004 Wrote: Can you try again with the Google drive link again?
You are using Kodi v18.2. That is quite old. You need to update to v18.9 at least as this fixes issues that were related to scrapers and cURL.

I scraped this movie and artwork was scraped. (I used v19.1)

I don't know what your settings are in UMS, but it looks like you are trying to download artwork exclusively from fanart.tv.
Fanart.tv has no artwork for this movie, which is why you have no artwork... https://fanart.tv/movie/599925/shershaah/

Change your settings to allow artwork from TMDB also. Or change to another scraper that uses TMDB exclusively.
Thanks for that. Just using whatever release is the latest from LibreElec (19.1 is in beta). I think I had the setting to allow artwork from both TMDB and fanart. I might disable fanart and see how it reacts. Thanks for the help. Ill let you know how it goes.

EDIT: Thanks for that. Looks like it was using FanArt.tv for some reason (dont recall ever changing it). Fixed for now.
Hi all,

I had a problem with UMS / Kodi 17.6.
Maybe this was .. quite old, then I uninstalled completely it / Installed Kodi 19.1 and addon Universal Movie Scraper 5.5.5

I use to name my movie files with their IMDB id.
Eg : 'M le maudit.mkv' is rename before scrap as 'tt0022100.mkv'. (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0022100/)
It ensures unicity and quality of the DB : when their is a doubt on the id, I have to search for the good one (when 2 movies have been released with same title for same year, I search id of mine, then my DataBase will be correct) 
My files used to be scrap with any issue, until some weeks ago, dunno exactly when..

The DB MyVideos119 has been created, so it's not an issue with my NAS access. Two files have been populated with .. 2 records. (1 for the Path, and 1 for the version) Nothing in Files, nor Movie files Sad

IMDB has recently change its design, and last counter on 9 positions (tt1234567) has been overlapped to 10 some months ago. 
I tried to rename first file 'tt0022100.mkv' as 'tt00022100.mkv', vainly, not scraped (plus some other).  Renamed as 'M le maudit.mkv' : scraped.

My whole collection of movies used to be scraped fine with that way (all named as tt1234567 or tt12345678 for recentest movies).

Is this a bug, or this way of doing is no more possible ? (To be honest, I expect it can be fix, to avoid me to rename hundreds of files)

My log : https://paste.kodi.tv/ecicinujif.kodi

Thx Smile

Christophe.
Hi,

It seems that the search url for imdb in v5.5.5 is using metadata file info instead of being based on file name or folder name input. Is there any way to ignore metadata info and just base the search on file/folder names?

Thanking in advance
PanosKomo
(2021-08-21, 12:45)PanosKomo Wrote: It seems that the search url for imdb in v5.5.5 is using metadata file info instead of being based on file name or folder name input. Is there any way to ignore metadata info and just base the search on file/folder names?
Sorry but you will need to explain a bit more what the problem is. Provide an example.
My Signature
(2021-08-21, 12:58)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-08-21, 12:45)PanosKomo Wrote: It seems that the search url for imdb in v5.5.5 is using metadata file info instead of being based on file name or folder name input. Is there any way to ignore metadata info and just base the search on file/folder names?
Sorry but you will need to explain a bit more what the problem is. Provide an example.

Hi,

I was having problems with scraping movie names out of matryoshka files and I realized inspecting the log files that failures to retrieve the associated movie information was due to the fact that the URL search was based on metadata instead of the file name.

2021-08-21 12:18:41.161 T:4028977   DEBUG <general>: CurlFile::Open(0x7fa37353b7f0) https://www.imdb.com/find?q=Trolls.World...x264%20xxx&s=tt
2021-08-21 12:18:41.876 T:4028977   DEBUG <general>: Get: Using "UTF-8" charset for HTML "https://www.imdb.com/find?q=Trolls.World.Tour.2020.720p.GR%20ENG.BluRay.DD%20EX.5.1.x264%20xxx&s=tt|accept-language=en-us"
2021-08-21 12:18:41.926 T:4028977   DEBUG <general>: scraper: GetSearchResults returned <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" standalone="yes"?><results></results>
2021-08-21 12:18:41.926 T:4028977 WARNING <general>: No information found for item '/Volumes/Elements/Test Titles/Trolls World Tour (2020)/Trolls World Tour (2020).mkv', it won't be added to the library.

If I edit the Metadata to match the file name [Trolls.World.Tour.2020.720p.GR%20ENG.BluRay.DD%20EX.5.1.x264%20xxx -> Trolls World Tour (2020)] then everything works as it should.

PanosKomo
(2021-08-21, 13:40)PanosKomo Wrote: I was having problems with scraping movie names out of matryoshka files and I realized inspecting the log files that failures to retrieve the associated movie information was due to the fact that the URL search was based on metadata instead of the file name.
Ah, ok.
You have been fiddling with the Kodi settings. Smile Your problem and fix is item 1d here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969
My Signature
(2021-08-21, 21:03)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-08-21, 13:40)PanosKomo Wrote: I was having problems with scraping movie names out of matryoshka files and I realized inspecting the log files that failures to retrieve the associated movie information was due to the fact that the URL search was based on metadata instead of the file name.
Ah, ok.
You have been fiddling with the Kodi settings. Smile Your problem and fix is item 1d here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969
Hi Karellen,

Thank you very much for your response! This indeed fixed my issue. Actually the provided thread is generically very useful.

PanosKomo
Hi all,
first of all thank you guys for your amazing work.
Since the release of Kodi 19 I've been facing an issue with this scraper and IMDB. Every kind of info I try to pull down from IMDB is blank: cast, ratings, poster and so on. Switching the source from IMDB to TMDB.org fixes this issue but as you can imagine ratings are not the same (e.g. Black Widow on IMDB has 100k+ votes while on TMDB has 4k votes).

The search log is located at

https://ghostbin.com/paste/IBRlB (logs were too big for paste.kodi)

As you can see in the log i tried 2 different movies with the same result. The 1st one ("L'uomo del labirinto") had the right rating and poster before today.
Am i missing something ?
Thank you in advance
@pivsxii

Your scraper is out of date.

Update to the latest v5.5.5
My Signature
(2021-08-26, 23:08)Karellen Wrote: @pivsxii

Your scraper is out of date.

Update to the latest v5.5.5
I'll try tomorrow and let you know Smile
I checked if it was up to date but Kody didn't tell me there was a new version: I'll try manually then
(2021-08-26, 23:22)pivsxii Wrote: I checked if it was up to date but Kody didn't tell me there was a new version: I'll try manually then
Make sure you update the repository first before updating the addon.

Go to Settings>Addons, pull out the left sideblade menu and select Check for Updates

And ensure you leave auto-update enabled for all important addons, scrapers being very important for Kodi.
My Signature
  • 144(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Movie Scraper9