Radio.de info
When using radio.de, is there a way to stop the artist and song title from disappearing after a few seconds, I would like it to remain on the screen.
Press <i> on your keyboard or whatever you have mapped on a remote for 'info'.  The artist and track info should then stay on screen.  If you press it again it will disappear but pop up again for several seconds when the track info changes.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
I thought the lower case "i" would show the info only for a number of seconds, where the upper case "i" would show the info continuously.
(2021-08-16, 08:29)black_eagle Wrote: Press <i> on your keyboard or whatever you have mapped on a remote for 'info'.  The artist and track info should then stay on screen.  If you press it again it will disappear but pop up again for several seconds when the track info changes.

Am looking at switching from another skin where there is a switch to enable this permanently with out having to press "i".
(2021-08-16, 23:20)Shane1956 Wrote:
(2021-08-16, 08:29)black_eagle Wrote: Press <i> on your keyboard or whatever you have mapped on a remote for 'info'.  The artist and track info should then stay on screen.  If you press it again it will disappear but pop up again for several seconds when the track info changes.

Am looking at switching from another skin where there is a switch to enable this permanently with out having to press "i".
All skins should work the same, press 'i' and it will remember the setting forever, or until you press 'i' again. It's a base Kodi function.
(2021-08-16, 09:45)Klojum Wrote: I thought the lower case "i" would show the info only for a number of seconds, where the upper case "i" would show the info continuously.

It's a toggle as far as I know. If not pressed, default behaviour is to show track info for ten seconds (this can be changed in AS.xml).  Once pressed, track info is shown continuously until pressed again when it will disappear.  Kodi will then revert to showing the info for 10 seconds or whatever is set in AS.xml when the track changes. Uppercase <i> does not trigger the info here.

As noted above, this is a core Kodi feature and will work with any skin.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2021-08-17, 10:08)black_eagle Wrote:
(2021-08-16, 09:45)Klojum Wrote: I thought the lower case "i" would show the info only for a number of seconds, where the upper case "i" would show the info continuously.

It's a toggle as far as I know. If not pressed, default behaviour is to show track info for ten seconds (this can be changed in AS.xml).  Once pressed, track info is shown continuously until
pressed again when it will disappear.  Kodi will then revert to showing the info for 10 seconds or whatever is set in AS.xml when the track changes. Uppercase <i> does not trigger the info here.

As noted above, this is a core Kodi feature and will work with any skin.

Where do I find the AS.XML file, can't seem to locate it.
advancedsettings.xml (wiki) needs to go in your userdata (wiki) folder.

Initially it won't exist, and has to be created (it's just a text file with the extension .xml).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-08-18, 09:00)DarrenHill Wrote: advancedsettings.xml (wiki) needs to go in your userdata (wiki) folder.

Initially it won't exist, and has to be created (it's just a text file with the extension .xml).

Can you tell me what command I need to add to the file, just a beginner and unsure, thanks.
(2021-08-22, 23:30)Shane1956 Wrote: Can you tell me what command I need to add to the file

It's a simple text file with an xml extension. Just use a text editor that can do Linux-type CRs (Carriage Returns).
(2021-08-22, 23:35)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-08-22, 23:30)Shane1956 Wrote: Can you tell me what command I need to add to the file

It's a simple text file with an xml extension. Just use a text editor that can do Linux-type CRs (Carriage Returns).
Thanks, I have created the file, but not sure what needs to be added to it to solve my original question (problem).
@Shane1956 , the file should be something similar to this:

xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<advancedsettings>    
    <songinfoduration>0</songinfoduration>
</advancedsettings>

Having 0 as the value for songinfoduration means that it should remain on screen indefinitely.  I think this is what you were looking for.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-08-23, 15:30)bsoriano Wrote: @Shane1956 , the file should be something similar to this:

xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<advancedsettings>    
    <songinfoduration>0</songinfoduration>
</advancedsettings>

Having 0 as the value for songinfoduration means that it should remain on screen indefinitely.  I think this is what you were looking for.

Regards,

Bart

Thanks Bart, much appreciated, seems to have done the trick, had to change the 0 to a large number.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Radio.de info0