• 24(current)
Beta Testflight access to beta version
@Buschel @kambala
I am more than willing to help when you do a complete redesign of the UI. I fear for programming I would need a Mac, so I (currently) cannot support in this area (Ubuntu user), but I have some long-term experience in UX and I obviously will support any further debugging.
@Buschel,
some new little findings:
  1. Album cover art in playlists do not show rounded corners
  2. Rounded corners are also missing in Live TV recordings detailed view
  3. The rounded corners for list view of music albums and artists seems to be still at 10% (at least bigger than the others)
but
The background color issue is solved in your latest build Smile
(2021-08-18, 19:00)UlfSchmidt Wrote:  
  1. Album cover art in playlists do not show rounded corners
  2. Rounded corners are also missing in Live TV recordings detailed view
  3. The rounded corners for list view of music albums and artists seems to be still at 10% (at least bigger than the others)
1. Confirmed, but visually not a big deal in my opinion. Will try to figure this out.
2. Confirmed, need to look at this.
3. Yes, as per design. I use a logic which takes 3% but at least a radius of 6. Otherwise you cannot see the radius for small images. I wanted to make the redius visible also for small thumbs. I find that in line with other implementations I saw.
(2021-08-18, 19:23)Buschel Wrote: 3. Yes, as per design. I use a logic which takes 3% but at least a radius of 6. Otherwise you cannot see the radius for small images. I wanted to make the redius visible also for small thumbs. I find that in line with other implementations I saw.
This brings me back to one of my previous postings:
I find the rounded corners particularly disturbing in lists where one icon is directly placed after the other without any blank space, like it is done in list views. No big issue for grid view, but yes, please limit the amount of the rounding.
So maybe you can at least once try to remove the rounded corners from the list views completely, so we can see how this looks in real life. And you do not have to touch the playlist view. A big bonus! Wink
I need to correct myself:
1. Is in fact working, but just taking the 3%, not the minimum of a radius of 6. It looked like there are no rounded corners, but there are. You can see this when making a screenshot and zooming in (or when locally using a massive corner radius Smile )
2. I could fix this.
3. Works as intended, but I understand this is inconsistent to 1.

An easy way to get and 1 and 3 behave same would be to always use the 3% radius and not apply the minimum radius of 6. This would similar to what you are asking for. But still there would be reduction of the size and a frame -- avoiding this is really hard and would require more rework which I am not aiming to do right now. The current implementation works for both views and images inside views. To solve this as you are asking for I would need to change this to only apply the rounded corners for views. This is not possible without reworking several screens.
Thumbs Up 
No worries. Just implement it in the most simple way. Since consistency is always also important, I think your proposal makes the most sense. As always, thanks for your good work.
(2021-08-18, 20:27)UlfSchmidt Wrote: No worries. Just implement it in the most simple way. Since consistency is always also important, I think your proposal makes the most sense. As always, thanks for your good work.
When testing the "no-minimum-radius" version I found that this impacts the overall look & feel too much -- e.g. the corners around TV station logos and such are not visible anymore as the corners become to small. I now found a better solution to let the playlist view look like the list view, including rounded edges of same size. This is consistent and still having the look I was searching for. Will provide a PR soon.

Screenshots: 
https://abload.de/img/simulatorscreenshot-iaqjuw.png (Playlist)
https://abload.de/img/simulatorscreenshot-i9oj3j.png (Recording list)
https://abload.de/img/simulatorscreenshot-i7xkfm.png (Recording details)

Really good to see your feedback, this helps to find some glitches I was overseeing and also helps view some changes from a different angle.
(2021-08-18, 16:53)UlfSchmidt Wrote: @Buschel @kambala
I am more than willing to help when you do a complete redesign of the UI. I fear for programming I would need a Mac, so I (currently) cannot support in this area (Ubuntu user), but I have some long-term experience in UX and I obviously will support any further debugging.

maybe you already have ideas how convenient Remote UI should look? Wink

programming is easy, the hard part is figuring out the concept / design.
Already released and fix verified:
1.7.2 Build 2567
Release Notes

New Beta Version, candidate for next (1.8) release:
1.7.2 Build 2573
Release Notes

What's changed: Main changes again related to "rounded corners" and few minor issues found in iPad fullscreen while workin on it.

What's next: We will let this version stay unchanged for the next two weeks and see, if there is feedback on issues or problems coming up. Based on this we will decide whether to release, or not.
(2021-08-21, 12:52)Buschel Wrote: What's next: We will let this version stay unchanged for the next two weeks and see, if there is feedback on issues or problems coming up. Based on this we will decide whether to release, or not.
Sorry to be the messenger again, but I observed today a fancy glitch where the icon size of album covers changed unexpectedly after editing the playlist. This issue results in album art being presented at various different sizes:
Feature request to @buschel: do you know or think it possible to show the High Res Audio indicator already during browsing the music archive?
(2021-08-22, 15:14)UlfSchmidt Wrote:
(2021-08-21, 12:52)Buschel Wrote: What's next: We will let this version stay unchanged for the next two weeks and see, if there is feedback on issues or problems coming up. Based on this we will decide whether to release, or not.
Sorry to be the messenger again, but I observed today a fancy glitch where the icon size of album covers changed unexpectedly after editing the playlist. This issue results in album art being presented at various different sizes:
Nice finding, and interesting effect. I already found the root cause and will correct this soon.

Edit: Fix provided, see PR#375.
(2021-08-22, 15:19)UlfSchmidt Wrote: Feature request to @buschel: do you know or think it possible to show the High Res Audio indicator already during browsing the music archive?
I remember I looked into this when I implemented the HiRes feature, but the required data is not provided via the database. So: No, this is not possible (yet).
(2021-08-22, 16:43)Buschel Wrote:
(2021-08-22, 15:19)UlfSchmidt Wrote: Feature request to @buschel: do you know or think it possible to show the High Res Audio indicator already during browsing the music archive?
I remember I looked into this when I implemented the HiRes feature, but the required data is not provided via the database. So: No, this is not possible (yet).
I feared that. Sad Thanks for looking into it. Smile
1.8 Build 2593
Release Notes
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testflight access to beta version0