• 225(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2021-08-20, 19:03)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock , the options have been added back.  The changes are on GitHub already.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.
Thank you Bart, I'll check it as soon as I get in from work.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2021-08-20, 18:43)leepenny Wrote: Can only test on amber repository. But am very grateful for the quick response.
Many thanks.
@leepenny , please test version 3.4.27 from the Amber repo and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
Hello all,

I have uploaded versions 3.4.27 (Matrix) and 3.2.147 (Leia) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  The main changes for these versions are:

1.  Make the shelf popup delay configurable.  Now you will be able to configure the number of seconds before the shelf info popup appears.  You can select from 1 to 6 seconds.  You can configure this here:

When you click that, you will get a select dialog like this one:

2.  Add back Artwork Beef options in the skin.  Since there is a version of Artwork Beef available for Matrix (unofficial, a user kindly ported it to Python 3.  You can find it here: https://github.com/henryjfry/fryhenryj/b...p?raw=true), I have added back the options the skin had for Artwork Beef.  So, there is the option again to have AB context menu additional buttons:

And there are again 2 AB options in the "Extras" button in the video info dialog:

I cannot guarantee that this AB version will work well for you, nor do I provide any support for it, since I am not the author.

3.  Miscellaneous fixes.  There are multiple other fixes, including not asking for embuary helper or tmdb helper if you have removed those addons after having enabled their use in Amber settings, showing fanart for artists for whom you have a single fanart while having extra fanart enabled, properly showing the album cover when using Ultra Compact OSD, and some others.

As usual, please test and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-08-20, 22:19)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

I have uploaded versions 3.4.27 (Matrix) and 3.2.147 (Leia) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  The main changes for these versions are:

1.  Make the shelf popup delay configurable.  Now you will be able to configure the number of seconds before the shelf info popup appears.  You can select from 1 to 6 seconds.  You can configure this here:

When you click that, you will get a select dialog like this one:

2.  Add back Artwork Beef options in the skin.  Since there is a version of Artwork Beef available for Matrix (unofficial, a user kindly ported it to Python 3.  You can find it here: https://github.com/henryjfry/fryhenryj/b...p?raw=true), I have added back the options the skin had for Artwork Beef.  So, there is the option again to have AB context menu additional buttons:

And there are again 2 AB options in the "Extras" button in the video info dialog:

I cannot guarantee that this AB version will work well for you, nor do I provide any support for it, since I am not the author.

3.  Miscellaneous fixes.  There are multiple other fixes, including not asking for embuary helper or tmdb helper if you have removed those addons after having enabled their use in Amber settings, showing fanart for artists for whom you have a single fanart while having extra fanart enabled, properly showing the album cover when using Ultra Compact OSD, and some others.

As usual, please test and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart, How do you install the updated version without over writing your old menu structure am a bit of a novice.
(2021-08-21, 02:01)Shane1956 Wrote: Hi Bart, How do you install the updated version without over writing your old menu structure am a bit of a novice.
Simply copy the new files over the existing ones and you should be ok. That's what works for me.

Also, just as a side note. You don't have to quote an entire message in order to respond to a post. You can simply highlight the text of the message and click on reply on the blue bar below the message.

Regards,

Shedrock
@bsoriano fullscreen playback works as expected. Just a quick note if there is NO artist fanart available then the screen is black. Is this normal behaviour or do I have to use some sort of fallback (again is there something in settings?) . If not can I suggest using the album artist as fallback. (Usually various artists on a compilation)
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
BTW thought I'd share how things are looking. Just recently updated to kodi 19 so a lot of changes.
Box set view on amber
Fullscreen playback
And a slight mod to movie list (with discart)
Hope you like it
ImageImageImage
Here is finnish translations for these new settings;

1. Show information popup = Näytä informaatio ponnahdusikkuna
2. Information popup delay = Informaatio ponnahdusikkunan viive
3. Select information popup delay (in seconds) = Valitse informaatio ponnahdusikkunan viive (sekunteina)
(2021-08-21, 13:32)leepenny Wrote: BTW thought I'd share how things are looking. Just recently updated to kodi 19 so a lot of changes.
Box set view on amber
Fullscreen playback
And a slight mod to movie list (with discart)
Hope you like it
ImageImageImage

@leepenny, looking great! Would you be willing to share your modded files so I can include your mods as options in Amber? Thanks!

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Thanks. The discs are just a copies of the discart files to thumb1 thumb 2 etc. So instead of showing album image at disc and song level they show discart. It's a bit of a hack but when and if in the future discart views are available I can just delete all the thumb files....easy hack.
The discart in list is just a change of the dimensions of the disc in list view and changing the visibility settings in include backgrounds...again a hack... not pretty cause it shows disc and logo on other views on top of one another. But as I don't use those views it wasn't important.
Personally if I knew ANYTHING about coding it might help but I don't I just spent an evening getting the disc to show up in list view as it was an option in extra art in views. I just tampered with the dimensions and the visibility so it only shows for movies.
It would be nice if someone that knew what they were doing could provide an option for discart that wasn't so messy....wink wink.......
Now that kodi uses the art table for all art types it should make it easyish to code it neatly rather than the old way of getting images by using file path.
(2021-08-21, 19:06)leepenny Wrote: It would be nice if someone that knew what they were doing could provide an option for discart that wasn't so messy....wink wink
@leepenny, precisely what I would like to do. Please PM the files and hopefully I can turn the hacks (great by the way) into maintainable options for everyone who uses the skin. Thanks! Smile

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-08-21, 13:11)leepenny Wrote: @bsoriano fullscreen playback works as expected. Just a quick note if there is NO artist fanart available then the screen is black. Is this normal behaviour or do I have to use some sort of fallback (again is there something in settings?) . If not can I suggest using the album artist as fallback. (Usually various artists on a compilation)
@leepenny , I missed that.  I already changed it so that it uses album artist fanart if there is no artist fanart.  The changes will be in the next Amber repo version.  Thanks for pointing this out.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-08-21, 14:47)G0mez Wrote: Here is finnish translations for these new settings;

1. Show information popup = Näytä informaatio ponnahdusikkuna
2. Information popup delay = Informaatio ponnahdusikkunan viive
3. Select information popup delay (in seconds) = Valitse informaatio ponnahdusikkunan viive (sekunteina)
@G0mez , thanks for these.  I hope they will be included in the next Amber repo version.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Bart think I've found something else when using sets in low list the directors on the right are overlapping the set description.
ImageImage
@bsoriano, here are the French translations for new functions.

(2021-08-20, 22:19)bsoriano Wrote: 1.  Make the shelf popup delay configurable.  Now you will be able to configure the number of seconds before the shelf info popup appears.  You can select from 1 to 6 seconds.  You can configure this here:

Information popup delay : Délai d'affichage de la popup d'informations

(2021-08-20, 22:19)bsoriano Wrote: When you click that, you will get a select dialog like this one:

Select information popup delay  (in seconds) : Sélectionner le délai d'affichage de la popup d'informations (en secondes)

(2021-08-20, 22:19)bsoriano Wrote: 2.  Add back Artwork Beef options in the skin.  Since there is a version of Artwork Beef available for Matrix (unofficial, a user kindly ported it to Python 3.  You can find it here: https://github.com/henryjfry/fryhenryj/b...p?raw=true), I have added back the options the skin had for Artwork Beef.  So, there is the option again to have AB context menu additional buttons:

Show Artwork Beef items in context menu : Afficher les éléments d'Artwork Beef dans le menu contextuel

(2021-08-20, 22:19)bsoriano Wrote: And there are again 2 AB options in the "Extras" button in the video info dialog:

AB : Select Artwork :
Artwork Beef : Sélectionner l'artwork
  • 225(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5