Important Bye-bye DVBLink/TVMosaic
There is an updated TV-Mosaic Kodi AddOn 9.1.0 available .... great :-)
(2021-02-13, 14:39)NRWler04 Wrote: There is an updated TV-Mosaic Kodi AddOn 9.1.0 available .... great :-)

Is it stable? Anything new compared to the old one?

For what it's worth, I created a working TVHeadend Install running on Synology DSM 6 integrated with Kodi clients running on RPi & Odroid clients

28.2 SAT>IP UK FreeSAT complete with 7 Day Over the Air EPG
Swisscom IPTV Streams complete with 7 Day XMLTV EPG (via EPG.Best)

If anyone needs instructions, have a look here:

http://forum.iptv-epg.com/showthread.php?tid=2702

Solo
Clients: Xbox One & Odroid N2+ CoreElec - KODI 18 with TVMosaic / TVHeadend Kodi addons
TV Server Backend: Synology DS3018XS & DSM6, TV Mosaic 1.0 Build 17707, TVHeadend 4.3
TV Sources: SelfSAT IP36 (SAT>IP), Swisscom IPTV
FYI, I still subscribe to their mailing list and just got a mail from Pavlo Barvinko (the founder DVBLogic) saying that they plan on releasing a TVMosaic Community Edition as open source software:

TVMosaic Community Edition

Hi all,

First of all I would like to thank you for being a DVBLogic customer in
the past.

I know that you have reached out to us with the question to open-source
our TVMosaic software. Unfortunately, we could not do it at the time
when you asked. But since the last year we worked with our IP partners
to understand which parts of the software can stay and which have to be
removed so that we can release it as open-source.

I am glad to say that we have finally settled all remaining questions
and are preparing our TVMosaic software for the open-source release: TV
Mosaic CE (Community Edition). This version will have most of the
TVMosaic features and components, including ios/appletv/android apps.
Unfortunately, due to licensing issues, we had to drop DLNA support,
TVButler integration on the non-windows platforms and TVAdviser
functionality.

When released, an open-source TVMosaic CE will need enthusiasts to
live. I am really hoping for your support and your enthusiasm, which may
give TVMosaic a new life as a successful community project.

Thank you for your attention and I will keep you posted about the
progress.

--
Kind regards,
Pavlo Barvinko
(Co)Founder DVBLogic
I'm using TVheadend now, it works very good. Only the UI is not very intuitive. Of course there is a kodi addon.
For linux there is a mediatree kernel from hauppauge which makes the TVButler stick work.
(2021-08-26, 15:22)RockerC Wrote: TVMosaic Community Edition

...are preparing our TVMosaic software for the open-source release: TV
functionality...

...Thank you for your attention and I will keep you posted about the
progress.

--
Kind regards,
Pavlo Barvinko
(Co)Founder DVBLogic
Wow...great news.

I'm still sitting on TVMosaic as my main TV service in the house (Running on 2 x Synology and 1 x OSX - it pays to have a backup for critical services).

I also went through the learning curve of getting TVheadend working with both SAT>IP and IPTV. It's currently "ticking over" and waiting in the wings (fully working ready for a switch if TVMosaic fails).

I switched to a different EPG provider (EPG Best) so won't miss TVButler or TVAdviser and I never used DLNA.

With winter coming and the dark nights closing in, I'd begun to think about switching, but maybe I'll stay put based on this news.

Do they mention how they will publicise the availability of the OpenSourced version?

Solo
Clients: Xbox One & Odroid N2+ CoreElec - KODI 18 with TVMosaic / TVHeadend Kodi addons
TV Server Backend: Synology DS3018XS & DSM6, TV Mosaic 1.0 Build 17707, TVHeadend 4.3
TV Sources: SelfSAT IP36 (SAT>IP), Swisscom IPTV
(2021-08-26, 15:46)Solomalee Wrote:
(2021-08-26, 15:22)RockerC Wrote: TVMosaic Community Edition

...are preparing our TVMosaic software for the open-source release: TV
functionality...

...Thank you for your attention and I will keep you posted about the
progress.

--
Kind regards,
Pavlo Barvinko
(Co)Founder DVBLogic
Wow...great news.

I'm still sitting on TVMosaic as my main TV service in the house (Running on 2 x Synology and 1 x OSX - it pays to have a backup for critical services).

I also went through the learning curve of getting TVheadend working with both SAT>IP and IPTV. It's currently "ticking over" and waiting in the wings (fully working ready for a switch if TVMosaic fails).

I switched to a different EPG provider (EPG Best) so won't miss TVButler or TVAdviser and I never used DLNA.

With winter coming and the dark nights closing in, I'd begun to think about switching, but maybe I'll stay put based on this news.

Do they mention how they will publicise the availability of the OpenSourced version?

Solo

I also received this mail. Great news!

I switched to a Ziggo Next a while ago and I am very happy with that. But for everyone out there still using TV Mosaic, this is great news!
Fantastic news. I've bought dvb viewer and I'm happy with it, but there were some stuff what I've liked more in TV Mosaic. If there will be a community version, maybe I will switch back. Smile
Indeed, this is great news!
I've used TV Mosaic in the past and found the PVR client on Kodi to be very reliable and responsive with fast channel switches.
Reading post #33 above would suggest that whilst some items are not going to be available with the open source version, the core functionality will not change.
I hope the open source version will allow users to use their own xmltv.xml file. With a bit of luck, this might also open up doors to use Schedules Direct guide data as well, now the software is planning to be offered as open source to its user base.
Hopefully somebody will update this thread or create a new one with a download link for this open source version when it becomes available.
(2021-09-13, 16:04)Dumyat Wrote: Indeed, this is great news!
I've used TV Mosaic in the past and found the PVR client on Kodi to be very reliable and responsive with fast channel switches.
Reading post #33 above would suggest that whilst some items are not going to be available with the open source version, the core functionality will not change.
I hope the open source version will allow users to use their own xmltv.xml file. With a bit of luck, this might also open up doors to use Schedules Direct guide data as well, now the software is planning to be offered as open source to its user base.
Hopefully somebody will update this thread or create a new one with a download link for this open source version when it becomes available.
It's open source now! Big Grin
https://gitlab.com/tvmosaic/server/activity

I'll try to support the project myself (mainly the Apps that exist probably) but it would be good if the community spreads the word as well, since it would be sad trying to maintain it if noone uses it anymore. And the title of the thread should be changed.

Greetings,
daniels7
(2021-09-17, 11:35)daniels7 Wrote:
(2021-09-13, 16:04)Dumyat Wrote:  
It's open source now! Big Grin
https://gitlab.com/tvmosaic/server/activity
Great stuff!
I will give it a test drive later today or over the weekend  Smile
Many thanks for the info.
I was just about to post as just got this mail from afterlife @ dvblogic.com

Good morning everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that we have released TVMosaic CE as
opensource today at https://gitlab.com/tvmosaic/server

The android and iOD/AppleTV apps will follow shortly.

--
Kind regards,
Pavlo Barvinko
(Co)Founder DVBLogic

The community could maybe start by migrating/copying the wiki from https://wiki.tv-mosaic.com to https://gitlab.com/tvmosaic/server/-/wikis/home ?
@RockerC  it works fine!
(2021-09-30, 10:52)Boogie2005 Wrote: @RockerC  it works fine!

Hello, unfortunately I still have problems!
Live TV on a PC client works. It doesn't work on my Ipad over Safarie. There is an error message:
The Media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported.

Why? It‘s .ts or not?
(2021-09-30, 20:06)Boogie2005 Wrote:
(2021-09-30, 10:52)Boogie2005 Wrote: @RockerC  it works fine!

Hello, unfortunately I still have problems!
Live TV on a PC client works. It doesn't work on my Ipad over Safarie. There is an error message:
The Media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported.

Why? It‘s .ts or not?
Probably Safari not supports the streaming codec. Same happens on Vivaldi on PC, but it was the same with earlier, paid TVMosaic versions.
have noticed one more problem. I use an E2 receiver for Sky. From this I have, as before, a m3u list in TV Mosaic. Unfortunately, nothing is played here. Is this also a problem?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bye-bye DVBLink/TVMosaic0