• 227(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
Hey bart

Noticed that music albums doesn't show album year anywhere when using panel views. All other views are showing year.

Also finnish translation for;

Use disc art instead of cover = Käytä levytaidetta kansikuvan sijaan
(2021-08-24, 19:26)G0mez Wrote: Noticed that music albums doesn't show album year anywhere when using panel views. All other views are showing year.

@G0mez , thanks for the translation and for pointing out the issue with the year.  It is supposed to show up in all views, along with the record label in all views except Fanart.  It seems that error has been there for a while! I just fixed it on GitHub.  

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
Hello all,

I have uploaded versions 3.4.29 (Matrix) and 3.2.149 (Leia) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  These versions add some trailer functionality:

1.  Auto Play Trailer from Shelf Items.  Amber will now play trailers from shelf items.  You can find the new setting here:

You can set a delay between 2 seconds and 20 seconds (2, 5, 7, 10, 15 and 20 seconds are the exact options).  The shelves will fade out while the trailer is playing.  If you press any key (like to move to another shelf item), the trailer will stop playing. 

It can look like this when a trailer is playing:

Some notes:

a. Amber will play whatever is stored in the db as trailer for the item.  If there is no trailer in the db, and you have plugin.video.themoviedb.helper installed and enabled, Amber looks for what that addon could find as a trailer for the item, and tries to play that.

b. I cannot guarantee from the skin side that YouTube trailer links (either in your db or from tmdb helper) will play correctly or at all.  You need to have the YouTube addon installed, enabled and correctly configured for YouTube trailers to play.

c.  Be advised that if you press Back while a trailer is playing, the standard Kodi behavior is to show the video full screen; you can press Back again to go back to the main menu.  I have not found a reasonable way to change that behavior.

d. There is a "quirk" when playing trailers from a Random Movies or Random TV Shows shelf.  When a trailer starts playing, Kodi refreshes the shelf, so it is likely that the trailer you are playing does not correspond to the new item in the shelf.  I do not know at this time how to fix that.

2.  Option to slide out media items when playing trailers in media views.  Amber has a new setting that, when enabled, will "slide out" (essentially hide) the media items in media views when a trailer is auto playing.  You can find the new setting here:

There are also several miscellaneous fixes.

Please test, and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-08-27, 22:40)bsoriano Wrote: You can set a delay between 2 seconds and 20 seconds (2, 5, 7, 10, 15 and 20 seconds are the exact options).
@bsoriano 

Hi Bart,

The set trailer delay popup box is blank for me. I see the last update to the language files was one day ago.

Regards,

Shedrock
Hi,

I recently started using the View mode ==> Viewtype: RIGHT LIST with the following setting:
- fixed list
- show poster
- show logo
- show Floor
- list item type: banner
And I do like it very much but there is an annoying overlap of the number of speaker icon (e.g. 5.1) and the age indicator (e.g. PG-13) at the bottom of the screen.

Additional info: Iam using Amber Lea 3.2.148. I have colored icons (but I think it’s also applicable when icons are only white)

I hope this can be fixed because I like this view.

Best Regards,
Rob
(2021-08-28, 01:33)shedrock Wrote:
(2021-08-27, 22:40)bsoriano Wrote: You can set a delay between 2 seconds and 20 seconds (2, 5, 7, 10, 15 and 20 seconds are the exact options).
@bsoriano 

Hi Bart,

The set trailer delay popup box is blank for me. I see the last update to the language files was one day ago.

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock , is this Matrix or Leia? GitHub or Amber repo? I checked the files for both versions in both places, and the items are there.  The language file was updated one day ago.  What is your interface language? palin English or one of the variants? I ask since with the new translation platform in use by Kodi, I only add strings to the plain English language, and do not copy into any of the other variants.  In any case, just so that I am clear what you are talking about, could you please post a screenshot? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-08-28, 16:32)bsoriano Wrote: s this Matrix or Leia? GitHub or Amber repo?
I am using Matrix and my interface language is English. This is weird. I've tested it on Windows as well. I pull from your Matrix and Amber repo.
Shedrock
(2021-08-28, 13:55)Stormlord777 Wrote: Hi,

I recently started using the View mode ==> Viewtype: RIGHT LIST with the following setting:
- fixed list
- show poster
- show logo
- show Floor
And I do like it very much but there is an annoying overlap of the number of speaker icon (e.g. 5.1) and the age indicator (e.g. PG-13) at the bottom of the screen.

Additional info: Iam using Amber Lea 3.2.148. I have colored icons (but I think it’s also applicable when icons are only white)

Best Regards,
Rob
@Stormlord777 , could you please post a screenshot of the issue? I cannot replicate that problem.  It looks fine for me:

And here is a non-4K one:

The only thing I can think of is that you have a non-standard aspect ratio.  Amber works best on a 16:9 aspect ratio.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-08-28, 16:55)shedrock Wrote: I am using Matrix and my interface language is English. This is weird. I've tested it on Windows as well. I pull from your Matrix and Amber repo.

@shedrock , this is indeed weird.  This is from a Matrix portable installation, with Amber 3.4.29 installed from the Amber Matrix repo:

And this is my main Amber installation, from GitHub:

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-08-28, 17:24)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock , this is indeed weird.  This is from a Matrix portable installation, with Amber 3.4.29 installed from the Amber Matrix repo:
It is indeed. I've tried it over and over. I even renamed the skin, tested it on Windows and LE. All matrix, and no luck. I am assuming it is by default using English (GB)?

UPDATE: Bart, the only way I can get it to work is to update from the addon > repo inside of Kodi. I use Github for Windows and I never had an issue before. It probably has something to do with that backup skin import I mentioned a few post back. I will keep testing it. That really shouldn't be an issue, but I'll let you know what I find.

Regards,

Shedrock
@bsoriano, here are the French translations for the new functions :

(2021-08-20, 22:19)bsoriano Wrote: 1.  Make the shelf popup delay configurable.  Now you will be able to configure the number of seconds before the shelf info popup appears.  You can select from 1 to 6 seconds.  You can configure this here:

In the shelf settings, there remains an element not translated into French :
Show information popup : Afficher la popup d'informations

(2021-08-27, 22:40)bsoriano Wrote: 1.  Auto Play Trailer from Shelf Items.  Amber will now play trailers from shelf items.  You can find the new setting here:

Auto play trailer from shelf items : Lecture automatique de la bande-annonce depuis les éléments d'une étagère
Shelf trailer delay : Délai de la bande-annonce d'étagère

(2021-08-27, 22:40)bsoriano Wrote: 2.  Option to slide out media items when playing trailers in media views.  Amber has a new setting that, when enabled, will "slide out" (essentially hide) the media items in media views when a trailer is auto playing.  You can find the new setting here:

Auto play trailer delay : Délai de lecture automatique de la bande-annonce

Is the new function "Slide out" in the sense of hiding the media items when playing trailer ?
If that's it, here's the French translation :
Slide out media items while trailer playing : Masquer les éléments multimédias pendant la lecture de la bande-annonce
Hey Bart,

I got it to work. I had to reinstall it from within Kodi > Your Repo > etc. If I use the git files, it just doesn't work. Maybe something is wrong with my github windows installation. I will try to uninstall and reinstall later on.

Cheers,

Shedrock
(2021-08-28, 17:09)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-08-28, 13:55)Stormlord777 Wrote: Hi,

- fixed list
- show poster
- show logo
- show Floor

Best Regards,
Rob
@Stormlord777 , could you please post a screenshot of the issue? I cannot replicate that problem.  It looks fine for me:

And here is a non-4K one:

The only thing I can think of is that you have a non-standard aspect ratio.  Amber works best on a 16:9 aspect ratio.

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart,

In the information in you’re examples the hdr/sdr and 8bit/10bit info is not available. It looks that when that information is present the overlap occurs.
Hope that the linking to my example picture works do not see it in the preview but here is also the url (https://imgur.com/POPIYrh)

Best Regards,
Rob
(2021-08-28, 21:22)Stormlord777 Wrote: In the information in you’re examples the hdr/sdr and 8bit/10bit info is not available. It looks that when that information is present the overlap occurs.

@Stormlord777 , thanks for the additional info and screenshot.  I have fixed this on GitHub.  If you are not comfortable with downloading/upgrading from GitHub, please wait a few days and I will upload a new version to the Amber repo.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-08-28, 22:43)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-08-28, 21:22)Stormlord777 Wrote: In the information in you’re examples the hdr/sdr and 8bit/10bit info is not available. It looks that when that information is present the overlap occurs.

@Stormlord777 , thanks for the additional info and screenshot.  I have fixed this on GitHub.  If you are not comfortable with downloading/upgrading from GitHub, please wait a few days and I will upload a new version to the Amber repo.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart,

Thanks. That solved the issue.

Br.
Rob
  • 227(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5