• 65(current)
Release YouTube
Try going into the plugin's settings/maintenance section and clearing/deleting function cache/data cache.
That's solved some odd issues for me in the past.
(2021-08-28, 19:09)kurai Wrote: Try going into the plugin's settings/maintenance section and clearing/deleting function cache/data cache.
That's solved some odd issues for me in the past.

Great minds think a like, I literally just tried that as a last resort. Lol
(2021-08-27, 23:29)SupaGeeza Wrote: youtube comments (context menu) have also stopped working.

using the latest 6.8.17_alpha1 on Leia 18.9 (ubuntu 20.04 LTS)

No issues if the video has no comments
otherwise this is the error.
Just a quick note that clearing/deleting function cache/data cache has no effect on the above.
That error still persists.
Raspberry Pi 4, Libreelec 9.2.6, Youtube v6.8.17.

The 'Watch later' and 'History' folders are missing, they are both turned on in settings.

Any ideas?
@yonder - Post merged into the YouTube addon support thread (this one).

Both the "History" and "Watch later" actual channels are not exposed to the API, so the best you can do is create a substitute one for watch later and use that via the settings in the addon by noting its channel ID from the URL and putting it into settings.

See the FAQ post here for more details, about half way down it.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Does anyone have "My Channel" working? I've asked in 2 previous posts but still awaiting an answer. I would really appreciate it if someone can at least tell me if their channel works, at least I'll know it's just on my end.

Thank you,

Shedrock
(2021-08-29, 23:10)shedrock Wrote: Does anyone have "My Channel" working? I've asked in 2 previous posts but still awaiting an answer. I would really appreciate it if someone can at least tell me if their channel works, at least I'll know it's just on my end.

Thank you,

Shedrock
Works on mine. Inside it I have 'Playlists', 'Search' and 'Live'. Not sure what's meant to be inside 'Live', it's empty for me.
But I have these 3 folders one level up too.
Yup, likewise mine is working as well. Same 3 folder in there as noted above, plus other videos that I've uploaded in the past.

Do you actually have clips that you've uploaded in your channel, or is it just for your playlists etc?

The "Live" folder I think should contain live streams that you've done in the past, although mine is also empty as I've not done any of those.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-08-30, 10:02)DarrenHill Wrote: Do you actually have clips that you've uploaded in your channel, or is it just for your playlists etc?
I have content in mine, but as soon as I click on "My Channel" I get an error."Youtube error, check the log for more information". I check the logs and I see the following:

php:
ERROR <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/channel/mine/

I don't have this problem on Leia, only on Matrix.

This is my logfile: https://paste.kodi.tv/aziqacalar.kodi

Regards,

Shedrock
Are you logged in with personal API keys?

If you temporarily rename/move out the plugin.video.youtube folder from your addons folder in userdata (wiki) and try the addon with a fresh default configuration, does it still do it (after setting up the necessary config items of course)?

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-08-30, 15:21)DarrenHill Wrote: Are you logged in with personal API keys?
Yes, I have personal API keys. I tried it the way you suggested and it just gives me an API error as shown in the log below.

Logfile: https://paste.kodi.tv/uzareqenew.kodi

I just get the wizard setup with language and region, and that's about it.

UPDATE: The only way to move forward in the addon is to provide the API keys, which I did, but it still gives me the same errors.
It looks like your API keys aren't valid.

I'd move the api_keys.json file somewhere else for safe keeping and then try setting yourself up new API keys as per the instructions linked at the start of the thread. That file is where they're stored, so if things still don't work then you can just restore them.

Lines like

Code:
2021-08-30 09:50:00.692 T:1267    ERROR <general>: [plugin.video.youtube] Requesting device and user code failed: Code: |401| JSON: |{'error': 'invalid_client', 'error_description': 'The OAuth client was not found.'}|
2021-08-30 09:50:00.715 T:1267    ERROR <general>: [plugin.video.youtube] LoginException: [401] invalid_client: The OAuth client was not found.

relate to the API keys (the OAuth is part of it), which makes me wonder if your keys have expired or otherwise are broken.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-08-30, 17:50)DarrenHill Wrote: It looks like your API keys aren't valid.
Those are the same API keys I use on Leia and they work, so it cant be broken. I will test my other keys and see what happens. I doubt that's the issue, but I will give it a try right now and let you know.

Regards,

Shedrock
@DarrenHill - It worked with the other set of API keys. I am confused. How come it works on Leia with my old keys, and why would they have expired when I use it everyday? I also never received any emails from Google telling me of an expiry date. I guess I will have to use this one on Matrix and just resubscribe to all my channels. This is confusing.

Thanks Darren,

Shedrock
Google have an annoying habit of doing that, sometimes without any word at all. I've seen it happen before, so it's always the first thing to check.

There was no change on this between Leia and Matrix, so I'd guess it's just bad timing or coincidence that it happened on the changeover. I've had Leia and Matrix installs happily sharing api keys without problem.

If you need to swap the keys onto other Kodi instances, you can just copy/paste the api_keys.json file between installs. That's reasonably simple, presuming of course you've got access to the file system and to move files around (both can be done with the Kodi file manager if needed). You can also use the same file on the Tubed addon if desired as well.

Kodi Blog Posts
  • 65(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube0