• 9(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.11.x - Download & Discussion Thread
(2021-08-11, 15:20)FlashPan Wrote: Anyone any ideas?
Rules for sources:
  • unique name
  • unique path
  • path has to be "online" (connectable at the moment you add it)
  • path is not inside another source or contains another source
  • tv show folders has to be placed in the source folder or set to "folder contain one tv show"
Thanks Dan.

I do meet all the criteria you laid out.

I have multiple drives with the same naming and folder/file structure.

So I cannot add F:\Data\TV Shows but If I add E:\Data\TV Shows that is accepted and I can click on Ok to add the source.

I did notice a very slight difference in perms (Win 10) on the F: when compared to the E:  So I changed the F: to mimic the E: and still the same issue.

Very odd issue indeed

EDIT:  Figured it out but do not really understsnd why.

I already had a couple of single shows added as a source but these were in a different drive (H: )  I removed these then I could add F:\Data\TV Shows.

I also tested with having no TV sources, re-added the single shows from H: and could add in F:\Data\TV Shows afterwards.
Confusion is just a state of mind.
can add anidb.net scraper ? couse now it no ability to scraper anime, themoviedb is lack of information of anime.

thanks.
I'm running v1.11.0 and have issue if I select both TVDB (1st option) and IMDB as scrappers. It finds the new series with TVDB, I click OK, but then it prompts for IMDB with only option to input ID manually or cancel. If I disabled IMDB, then it works.

Video of Issue
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
Hi,

Can this media manager output nfo file for video files after scraper the movie or TVShow?
or its function is to load nfo file to edit and maintain these nfo only? 
Can it load KODI's library database to edit?
if it doesn't, which one media manager can do for above, thank you.
Having an odd issue adding one particular movie.  This happened whilst I was adding a few others but this one was the only one I was having an issue with...

My process is this:

All new movies go in a "to sort folder".  I then scrape the movies with EMM; nfo, artwork etc.  Then I move them to the final destination folder and re-add them to EMM (removing the original in the "to sort folder" from the EMM database).  This particular file scrapes fine but when I re-add for some reason I get the following error:
[APIKodi] [kodi] [SearchMovie] "\\xxx.xxx.x.xxx\video\movie\18\Ciao maschio (1978) [576p] [18]\Ciao maschio (1978) [576p] [18].avi" | NOT found in host database!
[APIKodi] [kodi] UpdateInfo_Movie: "Ciao maschio" | NOT found on host! Abort!
[KodiInterface] [kodi] [GenericRunCallBack] | Sync Failed:  Ciao maschio

If I then re-scrape the movie, it won't sync and the error message says "The file is no longer available.  Reconnect the source and retry"...

If I then rescan, it adds the movie again but the nfo and artwork are missing (they are in the folder still however with the correct file names). So again, re-scrape but the same thing happens again and again.

I can add it to the Kodi library manually using local info but for some reason, Kodi isn't scraping the artwork.  So that's one way however each time I rescan in EMM it is re-adding the movie and therefore duplicating and when I remove the duplicate, it removes it from Kodi!

I use this process of moving the files between the sort folder and destination folder as my destination folders are by certification, which makes parental control easier.
Just installed version 1.11.1 and updating some movies.

One thing I noticed is that the "Edit Movie" button feels slower than it used to be.

It would be nice too if the Refresh option had an "All Items except Title". I often make adjustments to titles, like THEATRICAL, DC, etc. I know that there is now a field for edition that includes Remastered and Extended, but I want this information showing up in Kodi and I've already put it in how I want it (or rather, I'm just keeping what the original video files had). Anyway, refreshing all items removes that information. I normally wouldn't refresh all, but I figured I would tale advantage of the new version.
(2021-08-26, 22:59)ss4johnny Wrote: Just installed version 1.11.1 and updating some movies.

One thing I noticed is that the "Edit Movie" button feels slower than it used to be.

It would be nice too if the Refresh option had an "All Items except Title". I often make adjustments to titles, like THEATRICAL, DC, etc. I know that there is now a field for edition that includes Remastered and Extended, but I want this information showing up in Kodi and I've already put it in how I want it (or rather, I'm just keeping what the original video files had). Anyway, refreshing all items removes that information. I normally wouldn't refresh all, but I figured I would tale advantage of the new version.
You can lock title in settings
Hi,

I've been using EMM for many years now and apologies for posting criticism, but I'm been meaning to post something for a while now since upgrading (I'm on 1.11.1 but these changes happened some time ago - not sure exactly which version). Unless I'm missing some option to alter, the edit movie screens seem a backward step for me - instead of all pertinent information being on one screen, it is now over two screens.

The main items that I like to edit are the Genres and the Studios, both are now on Details 2 and both have had changes to the functionality - on the Genres section, we used to be able to tick No Genre (I think it was titled) to remove all genres and then tick the one(s) we wanted. Now we have to delete them individually and select new one(s) from a drop down box and add. For the Studios section, we used to be able to bring up a small window which showed the associated studios (that had logos) and select the one we wanted. I appreciate that both of these might seem small issues and they are really, but without either and having details over two tabs, very much feels like a backward step and adds a fair bit of time when adding movies.

Sorry for criticising and many thanks for your hard work with this program - it is invaluable.
(2021-08-23, 18:11)Hairy Hippy Wrote: Having an odd issue adding one particular movie.  This happened whilst I was adding a few others but this one was the only one I was having an issue with...

My process is this:

All new movies go in a "to sort folder".  I then scrape the movies with EMM; nfo, artwork etc.  Then I move them to the final destination folder and re-add them to EMM (removing the original in the "to sort folder" from the EMM database).  This particular file scrapes fine but when I re-add for some reason I get the following error:
[APIKodi] [kodi] [SearchMovie] "\\xxx.xxx.x.xxx\video\movie\18\Ciao maschio (1978) [576p] [18]\Ciao maschio (1978) [576p] [18].avi" | NOT found in host database!
[APIKodi] [kodi] UpdateInfo_Movie: "Ciao maschio" | NOT found on host! Abort!
[KodiInterface] [kodi] [GenericRunCallBack] | Sync Failed:  Ciao maschio

If I then re-scrape the movie, it won't sync and the error message says "The file is no longer available.  Reconnect the source and retry"...

If I then rescan, it adds the movie again but the nfo and artwork are missing (they are in the folder still however with the correct file names). So again, re-scrape but the same thing happens again and again.

I can add it to the Kodi library manually using local info but for some reason, Kodi isn't scraping the artwork.  So that's one way however each time I rescan in EMM it is re-adding the movie and therefore duplicating and when I remove the duplicate, it removes it from Kodi!

I use this process of moving the files between the sort folder and destination folder as my destination folders are by certification, which makes parental control easier.
I know have two movies doing this, which is a bit annoying as every time I scan the movie folder it re-adds them and tries to remove them from Kodi.

I thought it might have something to do with the "ratings" section as I am able to "edit" the movie so it is finding the original nfo and displays both IMDB and TMDB ratings but it has the "default" one ticked.  I don't think that is the issue however when I check (using the edit function) other movies that are not having an issue like this, I notice all of these have the "default" selected and neither IMDB or TMDB is displaying in the "name" field.  All a little odd really...
(2021-08-30, 17:31)Buff Wrote: Hi,

I've been using EMM for many years now and apologies for posting criticism, but I'm been meaning to post something for a while now since upgrading (I'm on 1.11.1 but these changes happened some time ago - not sure exactly which version). Unless I'm missing some option to alter, the edit movie screens seem a backward step for me - instead of all pertinent information being on one screen, it is now over two screens.

The main items that I like to edit are the Genres and the Studios, both are now on Details 2 and both have had changes to the functionality - on the Genres section, we used to be able to tick No Genre (I think it was titled) to remove all genres and then tick the one(s) we wanted. Now we have to delete them individually and select new one(s) from a drop down box and add. For the Studios section, we used to be able to bring up a small window which showed the associated studios (that had logos) and select the one we wanted. I appreciate that both of these might seem small issues and they are really, but without either and having details over two tabs, very much feels like a backward step and adds a fair bit of time when adding movies.

Sorry for criticising and many thanks for your hard work with this program - it is invaluable.
Constructive criticism is always good. I have split the information on two tabs because it seems that many users are still working with 1080p and sometimes with even lower resolutions. The window was too cluttered and too big for me when I added the new lists. I also checked with other managers to see how they did it. But I'll take another look at the breakdown and I may be able to change that.

I don't like the solution for the genres either. Since the genres should be re-sortable (since some media centers only read the first genre) this was the fastest solution to get the release ready. The old solution has unfortunately stopped working, but I can try to make a more user-friendly solution.
(2021-09-01, 10:09)DanCooper Wrote:
(2021-08-30, 17:31)Buff Wrote: Hi,

Constructive criticism is always good. I have split the information on two tabs because it seems that many users are still working with 1080p and sometimes with even lower resolutions. The window was too cluttered and too big for me when I added the new lists. I also checked with other managers to see how they did it. But I'll take another look at the breakdown and I may be able to change that.

I don't like the solution for the genres either. Since the genres should be re-sortable (since some media centers only read the first genre) this was the fastest solution to get the release ready. The old solution has unfortunately stopped working, but I can try to make a more user-friendly solution.
Thanks for your reply Dan - fair enough regarding the tabs, I hadn't considered screen resolutions and many thanks for looking at the other options when you can. As mentioend it's not a massive issue - I had got it in my head that these changes had been made purposefully, but if it's because of things not working properly, then it is what it is. If they can be improved then great, but no worries if not. Many thanks
@DanCooper  - Hi Dan - Any suggestions regarding my posts #126 & #130 above?
Hi @DanCooper when I single scrape any field by clicking it, series ratings are disappearing.

I'm algo locking DB file and don't know how. I then have to copy DB file, clobe EMM rename the new file and open EMM for it to unlock.

Thanks
Image Image
Hi

I'm having an issue regarding the length of the filenames. As far as I can tell this issue doesn't seem to impact Kodi itself but Ember chokes:

ImageImage

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem (other than to delete the offending files)?
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.11.x - Download & Discussion Thread0