auto hide OSD when continue a video after pause
(2021-09-02, 15:24)bsoriano Wrote: And you can set the delay (in seconds) before the OSD is closed.  Amber supports two methods for auto closing the OSD: One without addons (the default), and a mouse-friendly one that requires script.skin.info.service 1.0.8 or higher to be installed and enabled in your system.

The auto closing of the OSD works whenever the OSD is shown, including when you continue a video after pausing.
Bart,
I actually caught sight of this post yesterday, which was a bit freaky as I was trying to implement the same kind of feature for my own skin mod tail end of last week. Do you mind if I check out your code and see if the same will work on my Estuary mod?
I did find this this piece of code on Estuary which auto hides the Top Seek bar when media is paused after 5 secs, but I couldn't get it to work properly for the regular OSD in the way you describe on the last line above:-
xml:
<animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,-80" time="300" condition="Player.Paused + System.IdleTime(5)">Conditional</animation>
Also, what is the current version of Amber right now, as I don't seem to have this option on my version which is 3.4.11. Do I have download from the git to get the latest version?
Cheers
(2021-09-14, 00:56)Dumyat Wrote: I actually caught sight of this post yesterday, which was a bit freaky as I was trying to implement the same kind of feature for my own skin mod tail end of last week. Do you mind if I check out your code and see if the same will work on my Estuary mod?
I did find this this piece of code on Estuary which auto hides the Top Seek bar when media is paused after 5 secs, but I couldn't get it to work properly for the regular OSD in the way you describe on the last line above:-

@Dumyat , by all means, go ahead and check out the code and use whatever you need.
(2021-09-14, 00:56)Dumyat Wrote: Also, what is the current version of Amber right now, as I don't seem to have this option on my version which is 3.4.11. Do I have download from the git to get the latest version?
Cheers
Matrix is 3.4.29.  You can use the Amber repo for Matrix to keep it updated, but GitHub will always have the latest features/fixes.

In terms of the auto close for the OSD, I use two methods:

1. Without need for addons, I basically have on the onfocus for all the OSD buttons an alarm that changes the focus to a hidden button that closes the OSD.  The include that does this is the following:

xml:

<include name="OSDButtonOnFocus">
        <onfocus condition="String.IsEmpty(Skin.String(OSDTimeout))">AlarmClock(osd_timeout,SetFocus(99220),00:05,silent)</onfocus>
        <onfocus condition="Skin.String(OSDTimeout,three)">AlarmClock(osd_timeout,SetFocus(99220),00:03,silent)</onfocus>
        <onfocus condition="Skin.String(OSDTimeout,five)">AlarmClock(osd_timeout,SetFocus(99220),00:05,silent)</onfocus>
        <onfocus condition="Skin.String(OSDTimeout,ten)">AlarmClock(osd_timeout,SetFocus(99220),00:10,silent)</onfocus>
        <onfocus condition="Skin.String(OSDTimeout,fifteen)">AlarmClock(osd_timeout,SetFocus(99220),00:15,silent)</onfocus>
        <onfocus condition="Skin.String(OSDTimeout,twenty)">AlarmClock(osd_timeout,SetFocus(99220),00:20,silent)</onfocus>
        <onfocus condition="Skin.String(OSDTimeout,thirty)">AlarmClock(osd_timeout,SetFocus(99220),00:30,silent)</onfocus>
        <onfocus condition="Skin.String(OSDTimeout,oneminute)">AlarmClock(osd_timeout,SetFocus(99220),01:00,silent)</onfocus>
        <onunfocus>CancelAlarm(osd_timeout,true)</onunfocus>
    </include>

And all of the OSD buttons have this on their onfocus, if the setting to auto close the OSD is enabled.  One example:

xml:

<!-- Previous -->
        <control type="radiobutton" id="600">
            <include content="OSDButtons" condition="!VideoPlayer.Content(livetv)">
                <param name="icon">OSD/OSDPreviousNF.png</param>
            </include>
            <include content="OSDButtons" condition="VideoPlayer.Content(livetv)">
                <param name="icon">OSD/OSDChannelDownNF.png</param>
            </include>
            <include condition="Skin.HasSetting(AutoClose.VideoOSD) + !Skin.HasSetting(AutoClose.withInfoService)">OSDButtonOnFocus</include>
            <onclick>PlayerControl(Previous)</onclick>
            <oninfo>Skin.ToggleSetting(OSDInfo)</oninfo>
        </control>

2. Use the functionality of script.skin.info.service (versions 1.0.8 and higher).  This addon has an auto close feature for the video OSD.  You just need to set the skin string SkinInfo.AutoCloseVideoOSD to the number of seconds that you want.  In Amber I provide a select dialog for the user to choose how many seconds, and the include that has the selections for the dialog is this:

xml:

<include name="SelectOSDTimeout2">
        <item>
            <label>$LOCALIZE[13113]</label>
            <onclick>Dialog.Close(1121)</onclick>
            <onclick>Skin.Reset(SkinInfo.AutoCloseVideoOSD)</onclick>
        </item>
        <item>
            <label>1 $LOCALIZE[32340]</label>
            <onclick>Skin.SetString(SkinInfo.AutoCloseVideoOSD,1)</onclick>
        </item>
        <item>
            <label>2 $LOCALIZE[32047]</label>
            <onclick>Skin.SetString(SkinInfo.AutoCloseVideoOSD,2)</onclick>
        </item>
        <item>
            <label>3 $LOCALIZE[32047]</label>
            <onclick>Skin.SetString(SkinInfo.AutoCloseVideoOSD,3)</onclick>
        </item>
        <item>
            <label>4 $LOCALIZE[32047]</label>
            <onclick>Skin.SetString(SkinInfo.AutoCloseVideoOSD,4)</onclick>
        </item>
        <item>
            <label>5 $LOCALIZE[32047]</label>
            <onclick>Skin.SetString(SkinInfo.AutoCloseVideoOSD,5)</onclick>
        </item>
        <item>
            <label>6 $LOCALIZE[32047]</label>
            <onclick>Skin.SetString(SkinInfo.AutoCloseVideoOSD,6)</onclick>
        </item>
        <item>
            <label>7 $LOCALIZE[32047]</label>
            <onclick>Skin.SetString(SkinInfo.AutoCloseVideoOSD,7)</onclick>
        </item>
        <item>
            <label>8 $LOCALIZE[32047]</label>
            <onclick>Skin.SetString(SkinInfo.AutoCloseVideoOSD,8)</onclick>
        </item>
        <item>
            <label>9 $LOCALIZE[32047]</label>
            <onclick>Skin.SetString(SkinInfo.AutoCloseVideoOSD,9)</onclick>
        </item>
        <item>
            <label>10 $LOCALIZE[32047]</label>
            <onclick>Skin.SetString(SkinInfo.AutoCloseVideoOSD,10)</onclick>
        </item>
    </include>

For reference, you can look at the following files in Amber:

- Includes_FullScreen.xml - All of the OSD includes are here
- VideoOSD.xml
- Includes_CustomSelect.xml - All of the includes for custom select dialogs are here
- Custom_1121_InfoSelect.xml - this is the custom select dialog
- SkinSettings.xml - so you can look at the settings I implemented for auto close for the video OSD
- Startup.xml - this is where I run script.skin.info.service if available

Please let me know if you need any help with this.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-09-14, 18:02)bsoriano Wrote: Please let me know if you need any help with this.  Thanks.
Hi Bart,
Thankyou so much for your very detailed reply.
I will have a proper look at this over the weekend.
Many thanks
(2021-09-17, 12:36)Dumyat Wrote: I will have a proper look at this over the weekend.

@Dumyat , happy to share knowledge and code.  I know you use NextPVR, and I just started using it yesterday.  Any tips and tricks for best experience with Kodi? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-09-17, 21:49)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-09-17, 12:36)Dumyat Wrote:  
@Dumyat , happy to share knowledge and code.  I know you use NextPVR, and I just started using it yesterday.  Any tips and tricks for best experience with Kodi? Thanks.
@bsoriano 
Yeah, I was testing the backend artwork feature with NextPVR, as my regular client (Enigma/VU+) does not provide any PVR artwork.
In this respect, I would highly recommend getting a Schedules Direct sub as the artwork matching against the TV programmes is very accurate and the guide data is also very good. The free artwork option does its best to match PVR programmes, but sometimes results in mis-matches from my own observations.
My NextPVR set-up was created using channel strms created directly from my VU+ device, so was able to add them to my NextPVR server as IPTV channels. However, whilst the channels do open and play, they are also quite slow to open and channel switches are also slow. The same can be said of the IPTV client (or at least the last time I tried a few months ago).
That being said, TV Mosaic have just released a free open source version of their PVR software which I tried out yesterday on my Windows 10 device. The channels open and switch very quickly. It also allows you to use your own XMLTV guide data as well. If they are able support Schedules Direct guide data and artwork in the future, even better. If you are using IPTV, then you should def check this client out. You can get it here:-  
https://gitlab.com/tvmosaic/server/-/releases
Think you are on Windows 10 as well, so just need to download TV Mosaic under the 'Other' heading. Very easy to configure and I'm guessing the source files are maybe guide data (don't know, as I didn't download those files)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
auto hide OSD when continue a video after pause0