• 238(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2021-09-23, 23:05)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-09-23, 22:58)shedrock Wrote: This is  awesome. I guess it's is only for Vertical mode though?

@shedrock , no, it will be for both:

Regards,

Bart

That looks great!! Did you happen to see my previous question about submenus?
(2021-09-23, 04:34)jdig4240 Wrote: Bsoriano, I have an interesting request if possible. I, creating a fast and clean looking setup with only the main menu visible and focused on background artwork. What I would like to do is have the option to open the submenu as an action on a main menu item. I would like the submenu to open in a window similar to to full screen Favourites window when you click Favorites. Does this sound like a possible option you can implement? The Titan skin had a similar option to open submenu on main menu click, and it would help me achieve what im trying to do with this idea. Thanks Bart, as always.
@jdig4240, I am not sure I understand well what this would look like.  I will look at the Titan skin and if I still am unsure, I will ask you further questions.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-09-24, 13:21)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-09-23, 04:34)jdig4240 Wrote: Bsoriano, I have an interesting request if possible. I, creating a fast and clean looking setup with only the main menu visible and focused on background artwork. What I would like to do is have the option to open the submenu as an action on a main menu item. I would like the submenu to open in a window similar to to full screen Favourites window when you click Favorites. Does this sound like a possible option you can implement? The Titan skin had a similar option to open submenu on main menu click, and it would help me achieve what im trying to do with this idea. Thanks Bart, as always.
@jdig4240, I am not sure I understand well what this would look like.  I will look at the Titan skin and if I still am unsure, I will ask you further questions.

Regards,

Bart
So for example, in Amber if I click Favorites from a shortcut on the main menu, it opens the Favorites window which looks like this..https://ibb.co/ZfDXYFd.  So if there was an option to open the submenu in a window like this to display the submenu in this window. I could set a main menu item to open the submenu in this window. The submenu in Amber already has the options to choose thumbnail so it would look nice in a window.
(2021-09-23, 22:54)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-09-21, 19:51)manthes Wrote: Is it possible to add info at widgets?
It is the only thing that is missing from this skin
@manthes , I have been thinking more about this, and have been playing around with info for widgets that appears permanently (if the option is enabled for the widget, of course).  What do you think of this?

How does that look to you? Anything else you would like to see for a movie? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Again, this is a work in progress and not available for user testing yet.

Regards,

Bart

It looks amazing. It will be better if it will have and cast names but even like that is perfect
(2021-09-24, 13:46)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2021-09-24, 13:21)bsoriano Wrote:

Regards,

Bart
So for example, in Amber if I click Favorites from a shortcut on the main menu, it opens the Favorites window which looks like this..https://ibb.co/ZfDXYFd.  So if there was an option to open the submenu in a window like this to display the submenu in this window. I could set a main menu item to open the submenu in this window. The submenu in Amber already has the options to choose thumbnail so it would look nice in a window.

Interesting. I just noticed that you can choose the submenu as a widget in default shelves. I wonder if you can just add that option when changing action on a main menu item?
(2021-09-24, 15:18)manthes Wrote: It looks amazing. It will be better if it will have and cast names but even like that is perfect

@manthes , thanks! How do envision the cast names appearing? A (small) list of names? Please let me know your thoughts.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-09-24, 16:44)jdig4240 Wrote: Interesting. I just noticed that you can choose the submenu as a widget in default shelves. I wonder if you can just add that option when changing action on a main menu item?

@jdig4240 , so, if I understand correctly, you would like that, when you click on a menu item, Amber opens another window with the icons/text for the submenu items, that you can then just click for the submenu action to be performed.  I guess ideally, each submenu item should have an icon (Amber already does this) and a background.  Is this more or less what you are looking for? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-09-24, 20:10)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-09-24, 16:44)jdig4240 Wrote: Interesting. I just noticed that you can choose the submenu as a widget in default shelves. I wonder if you can just add that option when changing action on a main menu item?

@jdig4240 , so, if I understand correctly, you would like that, when you click on a menu item, Amber opens another window with the icons/text for the submenu items, that you can then just click for the submenu action to be performed.  I guess ideally, each submenu item should have an icon (Amber already does this) and a background.  Is this more or less what you are looking for? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Exactly..
(2021-09-24, 20:40)jdig4240 Wrote: Exactly..

@jdig4240 , very well, thanks.  This is doable, but will take a bit of time.  I will get to this when I finish with the info for the widgets (still lots to do to complete that).

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-09-24, 20:05)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-09-24, 15:18)manthes Wrote: It looks amazing. It will be better if it will have and cast names but even like that is perfect

@manthes , thanks! How do envision the cast names appearing? A (small) list of names? Please let me know your thoughts.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

I believe that one row after director's name with the same font size will be perfect.
(2021-09-24, 20:50)manthes Wrote: I believe that one row after director's name with the same font size will be perfect.

@manthes , thanks, I will test a bit to see how that looks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
I have a request but i don't know if it depends on skin or kodi.
Is it possible to add in context menu at widgets an option to add or remove items to library?

Sorry for my bad English
(2021-09-26, 17:54)manthes Wrote: I have a request but i don't know if it depends on skin or kodi.
Is it possible to add in context menu at widgets an option to add or remove items to library?

Sorry for my bad English
@manthes, this is not possible from the skin side.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Ok. Thanks for the answer
Hi,
i've a fast, probably stupid, question.
In my homepage i've a shelf movie type where i would like to see all the movies i've in my catalogue. So in amber settings i've selected SHELF 1 Movies. Type Poster. Sort by Title. Sort order from a to z. Shelf limit set to null.
I can see all the movies in my catalogue until i tag one as watched then the movie disappears from the shelf and i can find it only if i Browse all the movies. Is there a way to keep on the shelf the watched movies too ?

Thanks
Mattia
  • 238(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5