• 96(current)
v19 Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo]
(2021-09-23, 18:59)jdig4240 Wrote: Can you keep an option in to use Extendinfo? It was just completely redone and uses TMDBH as players and looks fantastic..https://github.com/henryjfry/repository.thenewdiamond/tree/main/zips/script.extendedinfo

**Edit** Are you going to skin the TMDBH Info menu to look more like ExtendedInfo?? If so I guess it would be fine without Extendedinfo.

I imagine the info window won't be skinned to look like anything but the skin Wink
(2021-09-24, 04:43)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2021-09-23, 18:59)jdig4240 Wrote: Can you keep an option in to use Extendinfo? It was just completely redone and uses TMDBH as players and looks fantastic..https://github.com/henryjfry/repository.thenewdiamond/tree/main/zips/script.extendedinfo

**Edit** Are you going to skin the TMDBH Info menu to look more like ExtendedInfo?? If so I guess it would be fine without Extendedinfo.

I imagine the info window won't be skinned to look like anything but the skin Wink

Well the standard "Look" of the Browse or info section of TMDBH is just a plain boring looking list, and from reading the the wiki section of TMDBH it has to be skinned by the skinner to achieve any type of better look, so I was assuming thats what he was going to do. This is why many people prefer to use Extendedinfo for info screens because its so much better looking than a list.
(2021-09-23, 10:15)chitridang Wrote:
(2021-09-23, 09:46)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2021-09-23, 04:48)chitridang Wrote: Jurialmunkey
In the list view, is it possible to have an option for bigger font size? Cool

Sorry, only focusing on fixing bugs and missing features for the time being. Not adding anything new at the moment.

If you want to change font sizes, you can edit the 16x9/Font.xml file.
I have found the Font.xml file. But I can't find the font name which is used for the list.  Can you give me the name... Big Grin

Font-Button is the bold weight font and Font-ListInfo is the normal weight font.

Note that these are also used in other places (e.g. ListInfo font is used for Plot textboxes).
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.

That's a mod. There's no Python 3 compatible official repo version of ExtendedInfo and the last update to the Leia version was in 2017.

All addon dependencies need to be available in official repo for a skin to be included in the official repo (which is the plan here).

Also, as a general rule, I really dislike addons with scripted windows that use their own skins. I think a media centre skin should strive to have a seamless and integrated appearance between all the parts.
(2021-09-24, 09:09)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2021-09-24, 04:43)drinfernoo Wrote:

Well the standard "Look" of the Browse or info section of TMDBH is just a plain boring looking list, and from reading the the wiki section of TMDBH it has to be skinned by the skinner to achieve any type of better look, so I was assuming thats what he was going to do. This is why many people prefer to use Extendedinfo for info screens because its so much better looking than a list.

What are you talking about? TMDbH uses standard video plugin paths for movie/show lists and so can be used with any skin viewtype. If you don't like how Eminence looks then why are you using it as a skin?

Here's popular movies from TMDbH...

And again using a different viewtype...

And here's the TMDbH info screen which uses the native video info dialog

(2021-09-25, 03:31)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2021-09-23, 10:15)chitridang Wrote:
(2021-09-23, 09:46)jurialmunkey Wrote: Sorry, only focusing on fixing bugs and missing features for the time being. Not adding anything new at the moment.

If you want to change font sizes, you can edit the 16x9/Font.xml file.
I have found the Font.xml file. But I can't find the font name which is used for the list.  Can you give me the name... Big Grin

Font-Button is the bold weight font and Font-ListInfo is the normal weight font.

Note that these are also used in other places (e.g. ListInfo font is used for Plot textboxes).
Thanks Jurialmunkey. I have changed Font-Button to the regular weight and increased the font size to 45. It works perfectly now. I can read the movie titles easily. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
(2021-09-25, 03:48)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2021-09-24, 09:09)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2021-09-24, 04:43)drinfernoo Wrote: I imagine the info window won't be skinned to look like anything but the skin Wink

What are you talking about? TMDbH uses standard video plugin paths for movie/show lists and so can be used with any skin viewtype. If you don't like how Eminence looks then why are you using it as a skin?

Yea, I was talking about the bottom pic, that has to be skinned for it to look like that. I just thought the Browse option opened the info screen, so theres really no option in TMDBH to open the info screen by default, only Browse or Play right?
(2021-09-25, 07:09)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2021-09-25, 03:48)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2021-09-24, 09:09)jdig4240 Wrote: Well the standard "Look" of the Browse or info section of TMDBH is just a plain boring looking list, and from reading the the wiki section of TMDBH it has to be skinned by the skinner to achieve any type of better look, so I was assuming thats what he was going to do. This is why many people prefer to use Extendedinfo for info screens because its so much better looking than a list.

Yea, I was talking about the bottom pic, that has to be skinned for it to look like that. I just thought the Browse option opened the info screen, so theres really no option in TMDBH to open the info screen by default, only Browse or Play right?

Press Info on your remote or i on keyboard. Or long press on an item and choose "show info" from context menu if you don't have an info key.

If you want Kodi to open info by default instead of play, there's already an option in the normal Kodi settings to change the default select action.

TMDbH doesn't use "skins". It uses the native info dialog.

The only "skinning" that is done is that TMDbH needs a custom window added that it calls for the purposes of navigation, and some custom properties for people (e.g. extra infolabels for birthday/birthplace/deathday/aliases etc. need to be added so that when info for a person is shown there's actually useful info -- since the standard year/genre/director/ratings in the info dialog don't make sense for a person. ).
(2021-09-25, 10:22)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2021-09-25, 07:09)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2021-09-25, 03:48)jurialmunkey Wrote: What are you talking about? TMDbH uses standard video plugin paths for movie/show lists and so can be used with any skin viewtype. If you don't like how Eminence looks then why are you using it as a skin?

Press Info on your remote or i on keyboard. Or long press on an item and choose "show info" from context menu if you don't have an info key.

If you want Kodi to open info by default instead of play, there's already an option in the normal Kodi settings to change the default select action.

TMDbH doesn't use "skins". It uses the native info dialog.

The only "skinning" that is done is that TMDbH needs a custom window added that it calls for the purposes of navigation, and some custom properties for people (e.g. extra infolabels for birthday/birthplace/deathday/aliases etc. need to be added so that when info for a person is shown there's actually useful info -- since the standard year/genre/director/ratings in the info dialog don't make sense for a person. ).

Yes, just wish TMDBH had an option to open info by default when clicked, as I dont want to open info by default for all of kodi, only when in TMDBH.
Thumbs Up 
Dear all,
please ignore this post.
Kind regards
ninja
Hello,

I'm very glad with the Eminence Theme which is my favourite.

I have a question : in my video library I have usual films and films for the children.
Thanks to the menu customization I have an entry for each based on playlists I've created.
But is there a way to show only the usual films in the "showcase" on the homepage ? Actually I have a mix of both.
It would be very cool to choose a specific folder for that.
Sorry if it's a noob question, but I've found nothing for that in Kodi, add-ons or the theme settings.
Thanks.
Jurialmunkey,
Apart the list view, is there other views on eminence 2? Huh
deleted
(2021-10-12, 13:28)chitridang Wrote: Jurialmunkey,

Yep, quite a few! Change the view by pressing right from the list.
(2021-10-12, 23:54)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2021-10-12, 13:28)chitridang Wrote: Jurialmunkey,

Yep, quite a few! Change the view by pressing right from the list.
Thank you. I really like this list view. I just wonder whether the other views are as good as this one Smile
  • 96(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo]9