Crashes coming out of YouTube, Amazon VOD, or Netflix plugins
I had the Netflix plugin for a long time, and every so often, backing out of the menus to the main menu would crash Kodi.  I always thought it was the Netflix plugin itself.  Then I installed the YouTube plugin and the Amazon Prime plugin and they both do it too.  Intermittent.

Does anyone else get this, or is it just my setup with Amber?

Here's some... logs and some crash files if they help (!?)
https://www.mediafire.com/file/kh70rix40...lp.7z/file
(2021-09-27, 00:49)Litcube Wrote: I had the Netflix plugin for a long time, and every so often, backing out of the menus to the main menu would crash Kodi.  I always thought it was the Netflix plugin itself.  Then I installed the YouTube plugin and the Amazon Prime plugin and they both do it too.  Intermittent.

Does anyone else get this, or is it just my setup with Amber?

Here's some... logs and some crash files if they help (!?)
https://www.mediafire.com/file/kh70rix40...lp.7z/file

@Litcube, I have not experienced this. Before even looking at the log, are you experiencing this with the default skin? Have you tried another skin and get the same issues or not? I am asking to make sure it is a skin-related issue before evaluating further.

Please let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
I switched to Estuary and tried all of them back and forth several times and no crash.  I switched back to Amber and first try going back to main menu from YouTube and it crashed.
(2021-09-27, 04:21)Litcube Wrote: I switched to Estuary and tried all of them back and forth several times and no crash.  I switched back to Amber and first try going back to main menu from YouTube and it crashed.
@Litcube , I am not sure what is going on in your case.  I also use Kodi with Windows 10, though I do not use mysql or have the cache parameters that you have in your advancedsettings.xml file.  Unfortunately, your logs are just standard logs.  Could you please provide a link to a debug log? And also, I cannot do anything with crash logs or dump files, I have no idea on how to interpret those.  Maybe it is a good idea to post your issue also in the standard support thread for Kodi under Windows.

If you would like to test this funrther, you could do a portable installation of Kodi 19.1, and in that just install the Amber repo for Matrix and install Amber from there.  Of course include your advancedsettings.xml file.  Install just one of the video addons you want to test, like Netflix, and test in that portable installation, to see if you get the same results.  My only guess currently is that one or more of the addons that Amber can use is causing issues in your system.

Another test that you can perform is to install a skin which is also based on script.skinshortcuts for menu/submenu/widget configuration, like Aeon Nox Silvo, or Arctic Horizon, and see if you have the same issues with either of those.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crashes coming out of YouTube, Amazon VOD, or Netflix plugins0