• 69(current)
Release YouTube
@DarrenHill 

It seems that in order to get "Queries per day" to be none zero you should create a new project from scratch.
But now I get error with the "Invalid client type".
Where can I see example of how to set the Google Yputube API correctly?
OK I fixed all the connection issues.

The summary of the exceptions I had and their solution.

The Exceptions:
1) " YouTube : quotaExceded : The Request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota "
2) " Inavalid client type 401 "

The Solutions:
> Regarding (1) -
* Check if limit parameter of "Queries per day" is set to "0" (YouTube Data API v3 -> Quotas -> Queries)
* If so, create a new project from scratch, set the Youtube API etc... now the "Queries per day" should be "10000".

> Regarding (2) -
When you set the "OAuth Client ID" make sure the Application Type is "TV and Limited Input devices"

How to create youtube api keys:
I suggest to follow the instructions here:
mod edit - link removed as the site referenced violates our piracy policy (wiki) in promotion of banned addons (wiki) - see the post 1027 below for the official how-to for getting API keys

Important Note! regarding insert the API keys in the addon:
Make sure after confirm the keys in the settings,
Go back again to the settings and verify they are actually set as the same and not an old one or something else.

Then Sign in, activate the device in Google etc.
A new issue (Maybe it already discuused before):

How can I see content in 4K and 1080p in the addon?
- The max quality I get in the list is 1080p.
- And when I select 1080p, kodi osd info shows that it's 720p.
The details on how to set up the API keys are on the addon's GitHub wiki page - https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...l-API-Keys

Unfortunately the link you provided above is for a site which is also stuffed full of promotions for banned addons (wiki), so it is not allowed here. It has been removed.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-09-28, 15:50)DarrenHill Wrote: The details on how to set up the API keys are on the addon's GitHub wiki page - https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...l-API-Keys

Unfortunately the link you provided above is for a site which is also stuffed full of promotions for banned addons (wiki), so it is not allowed here. It has been removed.

1. Sorry for that. Just the google part is not explained there, and this is the simple and the first result I found.
2. It seems to be old, this setting is not exist: "Enable personal API keys"
3. I think the settings are simple and straight forward, just putting the keys there, but I noticed that the secret key wasn't saved.
(Maybe I tried to put first them directly in the settings.xml in the addon data and that was the case, I don't remember)
(2021-09-28, 15:37)burekas Wrote: A new issue (Maybe it already discuused before):

How can I see content in 4K and 1080p in the addon?
- The max quality I get in the list is 1080p.
- And when I select 1080p, kodi osd info shows that it's 720p.
I found this answer:
Settings - MPEG-DASH - Use MPEG-DASH
Settings - MPEG-DASH - Use for videos
Settings - MPEG-DASH - Video quality -> 4K

But when I run a 4k video from youtube I get those qualities:
...... , 720p, 4K
Why I don't get also the 1080p, 1440p (2K) qualities?
Question 
How to proceed with the Youtube Add-on for Kodi, if Google revoked personal API keys due 90-day use (developer) limit and starting a new project may lead to permanent ban (of/at Google terms).

It appears to me this add-on and their related content (of other add-on) may else come to a standstill.

TIA
It started a few weeks ago that suddenly every third or fourth video started to have problems when I tried to play it. Those videos just came to a halt after 10 seconds and it started to cache for several seconds until it continued, which then went on and on in a cycle. Usually I could stop the video, load another one and come back to this one and it would play back normally. 

Now since yesterday I have this issue on basically every youtube video and on netflix as well. Funny enough Twitch still works perfectly without this kind of issue. Videos from my NAS and ZattooPVR work as they should. To make matters worse, when I wait a few minutes and then try again, the same video which didnt work several times before, just plays normal :| 

I rebooted the kodi box, ran a network monitor on my cable line and did some latency and bandwith testing with no issues found, and I rebooted router and modem, so I think I can exclude the internet line as a potential issue.

Here's a log where I start Kodi, go to Youtube and start a random video from my subscriptions. Took about 15 seconds to start and then started to cache after 5 seconds or playtime or so.

https://paste.kodi.tv/vohihenise.kodi
AMD Ryzen 5 2700 | Asus ROG Strix B350 ITX | Geforce RTX 2060 
Ubuntu 22.04 LTS | Kernel 6.1 | Nvidia blob drivers | Kodi v20
(2021-10-05, 18:44)Juppstein Wrote: It started a few weeks ago that suddenly every third or fourth video started to have problems when I tried to play it. Those videos just came to a halt after 10 seconds and it started to cache for several seconds until it continued, which then went on and on in a cycle. Usually I could stop the video, load another one and come back to this one and it would play back normally. 

Now since yesterday I have this issue on basically every youtube video and on netflix as well. Funny enough Twitch still works perfectly without this kind of issue. Videos from my NAS and ZattooPVR work as they should. To make matters worse, when I wait a few minutes and then try again, the same video which didnt work several times before, just plays normal :| 

I rebooted the kodi box, ran a network monitor on my cable line and did some latency and bandwith testing with no issues found, and I rebooted router and modem, so I think I can exclude the internet line as a potential issue.

Here's a log where I start Kodi, go to Youtube and start a random video from my subscriptions. Took about 15 seconds to start and then started to cache after 5 seconds or playtime or so.

https://paste.kodi.tv/vohihenise.kodi
This issue has been reported many times in this thread. So far, a fix hasn't been made. Be patient.
Same problem here. Made me so mad today that I stopped using it!

Libreelec 9.2.6 x64, kodi 18.9, plugin.video.youtube 6.8.17, no mpeg-dash.
(2021-10-05, 18:53)jim_p Wrote: Same problem here. Made me so mad today that I stopped using it!

Libreelec 9.2.6 x64, kodi 18.9, plugin.video.youtube 6.8.17, no mpeg-dash.
YouTube is always changing their code, forcing the addon's developer to find yet another fix. These developers are not paid for their time.
I've had the caching issue for a while but it's gotten considerably worse now, I have to restart a video 5-6 times before they'll play.
Have the caching issue to, normally i can start a video after couple retries but since today i cannot start even one video any more.
I have exactly the same problem. For weeks or even months now i had to restart most videos to get it to play without buffering/stuttering.
Since yesterday it happens with every video and even with multiple retries i can not get it to play without constant buffering.
If you need Logs or anything please let me know.
Also for me (and i have report the issue also on github). Pratically every video i have tryed to watch in this latest about two hours it's unplayable. I obtain buffering and buffering after the very first seconds and the buffer procedure it's be very slowly and never reach the 100%.

I have also tryed to reboot my Pi2 (current osmc build) and installed the current "6.8.18.alpha1+matrix.1.zip" and it's not resolve the issue for me.

I simply thinks youtube site it's overload or have some similar issue right now..................

For another test i have do a speedtest from my OSMC setup:
Code:
osmc@osmc:~$ speedtest
Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
Testing from Telecom Italia (95.250.10.110)...
Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
Selecting best server based on ping...
Hosted by Teleimpianti srl (Priverno) [204.60 km]: 40.999 ms
Testing download speed................................................................................
Download: 91.29 Mbit/s
Testing upload speed......................................................................................................
Upload: 20.05 Mbit/s
osmc@osmc:~$
...only on your "little world" can you lay down the law...
  • 69(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube0