• 73(current)
Release YouTube
(2021-10-10, 04:55)jmh2002 Wrote: An Alpha 2 version containing a further fix to the 'rate bypass' (buffering) just went up on GitHub:

https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide.../6.x.x-dev

6.x.x-dev
@github-actions github-actions released this 13 minutes ago

[fix] Fix to_str |contrib: RNavega|
[fix] Fix ratebypass |contrib: RNavega|
[lang] translation updates from Weblate

Download the appropriate file from the GitHub link above and use Kodi's 'Install from Zip' feature to try this version.

It's working even better than Alpha 1 from my testing so far.

Hope this helps Nod

Well heck yes - worked like a charm. Thanks, that one really got annoying :-D
Since i started the YouTube premium trial yesterday I've had no issues playing any video. None of the freezing or buffering after a few seconds as i was experiencing before.
Quote:https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...-939523703
anxdpanic commented 3 hours ago
I managed to get the repository generation scripts back in order, so the alpha2 zip should be available through the development repositories now

anxdpanic commented 1 hour ago
repositories are listed here: https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...positories

For those that wish to add other Repos for the YouTube addon (eg: the Testing Repo for Alpha versions) you can do as follows:

- Kodi > File Manager > Add Source > Enter http://panicked.xyz/repositories/ > Enter A Name (eg: YouTube Repos)
- Kodi > Addons > Install From Zip > YouTube Repos > Choose The Required Repo (eg: for Alpha choose the Testing repos)
- Kodi > Addons > Install From Repository > YouTube Test Repo > Video Add-Ons > YouTube > Install

Naturally you should choose the Matrix Repos for Kodi v19 Matrix installations, and Not the Matrix Repos for older setups.

To confirm, there is no functional difference as far as playback of videos is concerned between the Official and UnOfficial versions.

The only difference is that the UnOfficial version includes an option to set the Kodi 'View Type' automatically for your skin (eg: List, Media Info, Thumbnail, etc).

Please also note that per the warning displayed in Kodi during the Install from Zip process, once a new final version of the YouTube addon is released to the Official Kodi Repo you may need to install this new final version again manually from the Official Kodi Repo in order to receive future automatic updates. It can be installed directly over the top of any previous Testing version.

Hope this helps Nod
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
One minor correction.
Users on kodi 19+ must use the matrix folder in order to install the zip of the repo they want. The reason again is compatibility with the relevant python version.
The repo for kodi 18 and older leads here
Code:
https://panicked.xyz/repository/youtube/python2/official_testing/
and the repo for kodi 19 and newer leads here
Code:
https://panicked.xyz/repository/youtube/python3/official_testing/
Both repos lead to 403 when accessed via a web browser, so don't try opening them to check Tongue
(2021-10-11, 05:48)jim_p Wrote: One minor correction.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to unnecessarily correct everything. It's getting rather tedious to be honest...

I clearly wrote that Matrix users must choose the Matrix version:

(2021-10-10, 23:35)jmh2002 Wrote: For those that wish to add other Repos for the YouTube addon (eg: the Testing Repo for Alpha versions) you can do as follows:

- Kodi > File Manager > Add Source > Enter http://panicked.xyz/repositories/ > Enter A Name (eg: YouTube Repos)
- Kodi > Addons > Install From Zip > YouTube Repos > Choose The Required Repo (eg: for Alpha choose the Testing repos)
- Kodi > Addons > Install From Repository > YouTube Test Repo > Video Add-Ons > YouTube > Install

Naturally you should choose the Matrix Repos for Kodi v19 Matrix installations, and Not the Matrix Repos for older setups.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Yea, you can call it an obsession I have Tongue 
You are right though, I totally missed the last line.

Anyway, no need to argue for such a minor subject. I am ending it here.
(2021-10-10, 11:33)THRobinson Wrote:
(2021-10-10, 11:06)jim_p Wrote: Not the 2 that have source in their names, and for the the remaining 4, please read what I wrote in this post
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3063499

Gotcha.... ignore the 2 source ones, don't bother with the 2 unofficial ones because don't matter, then of the 2 left the "matrix" is for v19+ and the remaining is for below v19

Installed but, very first thing I tried instantly gave me issues....
System 1: HK1 RBox - Android 11, S905X4 Quad-Core, 4GB DDR3 - CoreElec KODI 20.3
System 2: Beelink GT1 Ultimate - Android 7.1, S912 Octa-Core 1.5 GHz, 3GB DDR4 - CoreElec KODI 18
Storage: WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra NAS - 2x4TB WD Blue (WD40EZRZ)
Display: 55" TCL 55R615-CA 4K TV
okay - installed Alpha 2 update and my Watch Later videos are being removed ... went in - turned it off (it was auto-on) and hit ok and left the settings ... it's STILL removing my videos and I went in and checked - setting is still turned off so I tried tuning it on and turning it off again ... (don't know why but I had an issue once before and this trick worked) ... nope - it's still removing my videos ... ;-(

is there something I'm missing or is anyone else having this issue?

oh BTW - I noticed that the buffering issue seems to be far more pronounced when 720p is the format used ...

any thoughts would be appreciated cuz these don't always show up in my watched and I save my videos to other playlists after I watch them so this is causing an issue for me ...
(2021-10-12, 10:41)xenophrenia Wrote: okay - installed Alpha 2 update and my Watch Later videos are being removed ... went in - turned it off (it was auto-on) and hit ok and left the settings ... it's STILL removing my videos and I went in and checked - setting is still turned off so I tried tuning it on and turning it off again ... (don't know why but I had an issue once before and this trick worked) ... nope - it's still removing my videos ... ;-(

oh BTW - I noticed that the buffering issue seems to be far more pronounced when 720p is the format used ...

any thoughts would be appreciated cuz these don't always show up in my watched and I save my videos to other playlists after I watch them so this is causing an issue for me ...
I haven't had WATCH LATER or HISTORY as an option for a long time... I miss those because sometimes I'd find something on my phone and want to watch it on the TV instead and it saved me from having to search and find it again. I saw a work around posted once, but was over my head.
System 1: HK1 RBox - Android 11, S905X4 Quad-Core, 4GB DDR3 - CoreElec KODI 20.3
System 2: Beelink GT1 Ultimate - Android 7.1, S912 Octa-Core 1.5 GHz, 3GB DDR4 - CoreElec KODI 18
Storage: WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra NAS - 2x4TB WD Blue (WD40EZRZ)
Display: 55" TCL 55R615-CA 4K TV
(2021-10-12, 10:47)THRobinson Wrote:
(2021-10-12, 10:41)xenophrenia Wrote: okay - installed Alpha 2 update and my Watch Later videos are being removed ... went in - turned it off (it was auto-on) and hit ok and left the settings ... it's STILL removing my videos and I went in and checked - setting is still turned off so I tried tuning it on and turning it off again ... (don't know why but I had an issue once before and this trick worked) ... nope - it's still removing my videos ... ;-(

I haven't had WATCH LATER or HISTORY as an option for a long time... I miss those because sometimes I'd find something on my phone and want to watch it on the TV instead and it saved me from having to search and find it again. I saw a work around posted once, but was over my head.
if you download your YouTube Take out .... https://myaccount.google.com/u/0/yourdata/youtube?hl=en - click on the more button shown in this image

you should see a button that says "Download YouTube Data" - when you click on it - you will be offered several options to download your YouTube history - if you click on the "All YouTube Data Included" you'll be presented a list of different parts you can download - the only one you need for this is Playlists ... if you download this and open it - you will find the reference name of the Watch Later list - you can add this to the folders setting for Watch Later in the YouTube add-on ... I know these aren't the best instructions but I hope it helps if you'd like to have your Watch Later list back ;-)
Neither watch later or the history are made visible to the API by Google, so the addon can't access them.

The workaround is to make a normal playlist instead of Watch Later, and use that in the same way (save things to it rather than the watch later list). The addon can be configured to use that new playlist as a source, and as it is visible to the API (it's just a normal playlist, not a special one like watch later) then it will work.

The route above could be another option (as a way to make the playlist visible to the API), but I haven't tested it to see if it works or not (Google have an annoying tendency of breaking things like this, just because they can).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I just want to tell, that the Alpha2 version works for me. Previously any video that had one or many pre-advertising blocks now runs without any stutter or buffering at all.

Many thanks to @anxdpanic for his great support!
Unfortunately for me the Alpha2 update on Kodi 18.9 doesn't work, I still have stuttering / buffering issues after playing a Yotube video.  No
I'm liking it so far on Coreelec (Matrix) 19.2, with the result being smooth starts and no issues skipping forward or reverse in 30 second chunks. I haven't tried lengthier skip intervals yet but I'll give it a crack soon.

Many thanks for all the hard work, Jmh and Co.
The Alpha2 build seemed to work well after I installed it yesterday, but today it's not doing so well. It's not pausing to buffer like it did with the release build, but I'm getting a lot of audio and video stuttering or video plays well but audio stutters and/or drops out completely.

EDIT: Looks like it have have been a different issue on my system. I noticed Twitch plugin was dropping some audio as well and then found a bunch of repeating audio device enumeration info in my kodi log, so I disabled some device I don't use, restarted and now everything, including the alpha2 plugin seems to be working.
  • 73(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube0