• 77(current)
Release YouTube
(2021-10-15, 19:39)terrestrial Wrote: My advise to the developers, make it seem like it's a well-known browser.

Bad advice. Then we need something like ublock to filter the commercials pest.
(2021-10-14, 01:35)jmh2002 Wrote: Just a heads up for everyone trying to 'help' troubleshooting.

This isn't a mystery issue. The issue is already known. Google is throttling.

Fixing the issue is the problem, and development is ongoing at GitHub to find a work around.

^^^

Fixing the issue permanently is not as simple as some posts might like to suggest, otherwise it would have been done already.

But promising work arounds continue to be tested.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
The fix for me was installing the Youtube Alpha-2 plugin, then update 2 of the files posted on github, https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...-943170920

Read further down the github article to make sure you remove a comma in one of the files to watch live YT.
Yes, as I said, "...promising work arounds continue to be tested".

I expect a new Alpha version to be up soon with the latest work arounds.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
Wow! Thanks guys.

Earlier this week I tried the alpha2_matrix1 build with no difference. I believe it made it worse since every single video was buffering and multiple restarts made no difference.

But now....I noticed every video loads 3 times faster and the buffering has vanished.

Every day when I fired up Kodi....I kept checking for an official update by Bromix. Thanks again to all who contributed to the fix!
(2021-10-15, 21:17)jmh2002 Wrote: Yes, as I said, "...promising work arounds continue to be tested".

I expect a new Alpha version to be up soon with the latest work arounds.

https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...-944787542

anxdpanic commented 33 minutes ago
The only reason I haven't pushed a new alpha zip (yet) is because age-gated and My Channel content doesn't work with the new method currently. Have an idea of the likely fix, but might take me a bit to have the free time.
I'm testing the addon on my new PC right now, and I was confused, is there a way for it to allow me to play my purchased movies? I can't seem to figure that out. 

Thanks
A couple hours ago alpha3 was released which includes the 'update 2' patch previously mentioned:
https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...issues/163

Available here:
https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide.../6.x.x-dev

This version is working well for me. No buffering anymore on Kodi 19.2 and Ubuntu 18.04.
Yes, the Alpha 3 version containing a further fix to the 'rate bypass' (buffering) has gone up on GitHub and is also available from the Test Repo:

https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide.../6.x.x-dev

6.x.x-dev
@github-actions github-actions released this 2 hours ago

[fix] Fix to_str |contrib: RNavega|
[fix] Fix playback buffering |contrib: RNavega|
[lang] translation updates from Weblate

Thanks to RNavega for all his work throughout this period. A few points to note:

https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...-944983426

"anxdpanic commented 2 hours ago
Okay, I had a little time and pushed alpha3, zips are in the usual places and repos are updated. No more having to patch! 😄

My Channel and at least some age-gated content is now working, but this does require adding the dual-login back to the addon. This will require you to re-login, sorry for the inconvenience hopefully it's the last for a while!
Between alpha2+patches and alpha3 another https request at playback was removed as well, hopefully that will a add a little to the load time improvement with the new method @RNavega added.

Captions are still broken, but that will be looked into next hopefully.

Again, a huge thank you to @RNavega for helping us get this far."

Hope this helps Nod
Hi,
yes, I can confirm that alpha3 including a new login fixed the buffering problems, thanks!
Kodi 19.5-Matrix/OpenGLES/gbm (+ PR19558 ) - Linux kernel 5.14.21 x86_64 - ffmpeg 4.4-git (+ patch )
Mesa 22.3.7 with iris driver - VA-API version 1.16.0 + Intel iHD driver version 22.6.3 - libdrm 2.4.116 - libcec 6.0.2
Intel i9-11900T - ASRock Z590 Extreme - BIOS version 2.20
Hello,

confirm it, work also with alpha3 on Android.  BUT it was not possible with second YT-user in same Google-account, done it with another authentication in 2 steps.
works will on 19.2 on several devices. Tried it on a nightly version 20 libreelec and it would not work at all. Not sure that it was an addon problem or there might be  problems with the nightly but worked on all my other 19.2 devices. Thanks so much!
Hi for about the last couple of weeks about half of my videos in my playlist wont play ,  some take up to a minute to load and some freeze up when playing.  All other videos on my device other then youtube work fine.   Im using 6.8.17 +matrix.1 on a nvidea shield./   Tryed clearing cache.   Any help would be greatly appreciated
(2021-10-17, 22:39)nycman Wrote: Hi for about the last couple of weeks about half of my videos in my playlist wont play ,  some take up to a minute to load and some freeze up when playing.  All other videos on my device other then youtube work fine.   Im using 6.8.17 +matrix.1 on a nvidea shield./   Tryed clearing cache.   Any help would be greatly appreciated

Update to the latest Alpha 3 version.

If you are not sure how to do this then check my earlier posts over the last few pages.
(2021-10-17, 22:42)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2021-10-17, 22:39)nycman Wrote: Hi for about the last couple of weeks about half of my videos in my playlist wont play ,  some take up to a minute to load and some freeze up when playing.  All other videos on my device other then youtube work fine.   Im using 6.8.17 +matrix.1 on a nvidea shield./   Tryed clearing cache.   Any help would be greatly appreciated

Update to the latest Alpha 3 version.

If you are not sure how to do this then check my earlier posts over the last few pages.

Thank you I will try that
  • 77(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube0