Movie posters and fanart missing after moving database
I moved from a MySQL database on Windows to MariaDB on Synology.  I did this by exporting and importing the database on a Windows client (changing the database location in advancedsettings after the export).  The only problem is that all the movie posters and fanart are now missing on my Android TV client (Shield TV).  I tried to delete the Thumbnails folder and the texturesxx.db file but they don't download again.  Note that I can play the files fine and all the cast thumbnails download ok.  I also rescanned the source with some new movies and the posters show up fine for the new movies but are still missing for the existing movies.  Any ideas how to resolve this?  Thanks.
(2021-10-16, 16:27)cncb Wrote: Any ideas how to resolve this?  Thanks.

A Kodi log file with debugging enabled is a good start as always. Already deleting the thumbnails folder and textures13.db is done a bit hastily, as now there is nothing to check there anymore. Posters for existing movies may have redundant URLs that are no longer active. Doublechecking a few of those missing poster URLs from the video database should clear that up.

Changing databases shouldn't matter, as the database content will (should) not change. The database server could be remotely on Antarctica, and things should still work.
(2021-10-16, 17:09)Klojum Wrote: Posters for existing movies may have redundant URLs that are no longer active. Doublechecking a few of those missing poster URLs from the video database should clear that up.

Can you tell me what this redundancy would look like (I am assuming in the "movie" table)? I forgot to mention that all the posters display on my Windows client. Thanks for your help.
I looked at the log and there are multiple warnings like this:

GetImageHash - unable to stat url C:/Temp/kodi_videodb_2021-10-09/movies/...

I did import from a Windows PC to the shared database, but why would Android be looking for the local Windows folder after import?
When Kodi stores files in the Temp folder, then apparently Kodi has no write access to the normally assigned folder(s): thumbnails, subtitles, et cetera.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie posters and fanart missing after moving database0