Solved Custom Movie Set Description
When you have movie sets selected in Kodi the scrapers group movies in a set based on Collections on TMDB. There are some times when I like to make my own movie sets, such as all Bruce Lee movies, but since no info is scraped from TMDB there is no description for the movie set. Is there somewhere that I can manually edit this and type in my own descriptiom?
In the movie listing there is the option of creating a movie set via the context menu on your selected movie. This is the default way in Estuary, no idea if it's similar in your Kodi skin.
(2021-10-17, 17:14)Klojum Wrote: In the movie listing there is the option of creating a movie set via the context menu on your selected movie. This is the default way in Estuary, no idea if it's similar in your Kodi skin.

Yes, that is exactly how I created the Bruce Lee set. Manage --> Manage Movie Set --> Add movie to a new set. The problem is that since there is no Bruce Lee Collection on TMDB there is no description scraped for it so the description spot is blank.
Erm... Perhaps the GUI will be enhanced for adding a description in Kodi 20, I haven't used the GUI option to manage movie sets lately.
I myself tend to 'hack' the movie set description into the video database directly (ahum).
(2021-10-17, 18:14)Klojum Wrote: Erm... Perhaps the GUI will be enhanced for adding a description in Kodi 20, I haven't used the GUI option to manage movie sets lately.
I myself tend to 'hack' the movie set description into the video database directly (ahum).

What's the worst that can happen right?  Rofl
Downloaded SQLite Portable, edit the sets tables on the two video .db files, reloaded the skin and voila

I'd always been hesitant to mess with the .db files but figured I'd finally give it a shot. Thanks for the suggestion as I had been incorrectly poking around the XML files trying to find the description instead.
Just be sure to always make backup copies first... You never know when you f*** up big time. Smile
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom Movie Set Description0