Clearlogo vs. HDclearlogo - TheMoviedb Python Scraper
Hi all,

thanks to Karellen and rmrector for their work with other users, I figured out, how to rescrap cearlogos from fanart.tv for my existing 19.2. Kodi Aeon Nox Silvo Skin Movie db.

Now I have some entries without clearlogos like Hercules (2014) (https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/184315-hercules), no clearlogo to choose from Movie Information / change artwork / clearlogo.
I checked on fanart.tv, there are no clearlogos but hdclearlogos : https://fanart.tv/movie/184315/hercules/

Is there an option to choose which type of clearlogo you want? Or have I to add "hdclearlogo" as new artworktype? Does the scraper checks for hdclearlogos with clearlogos as fallback?
(2021-10-22, 14:40)Little_goliath84 Wrote: Is there an option to choose which type of clearlogo you want? Or have I to add "hdclearlogo" as new artworktype?
Hi
clearlogo is an obsolete artwork type at fanart.tv The scrapers do not touch it.
hdclearlogo is what is used by the scrapers.

I know, a bit confusing with the naming but hdclearlogo from fanart.tv = clearlogo in Kodi.

Nothing needs to be changed in scraper settings. There is no fallback.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Quote:Hi
clearlogo is an obsolete artwork type at fanart.tv The scrapers do not touch it.
hdclearlogo is what is used by the scrapers.

Thank you.

And when the Language in the fanart.tv section is set to e.g. de, if there is no (hd)clearlogo in that language, does the scraper fallback to e.g. english or no languaguage (hd)clearlogos?
(2021-10-23, 06:45)Little_goliath84 Wrote: f there is no (hd)clearlogo in that language, does the scraper fallback to e.g. english
All clearlogo's must have a language. There is no "no language" clearlogo. The fallback is to English.
Something different happening for you?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Yeah, like written in the first post, there are several entries without clearlogos:

Hercules 2014
Star Wars : The Clone Wars 2008
Ip Man films 2008+
etc.

Hercules doesnt have german logos, but no english ones were downloaded.

I try to reproduce the issue and provide the full log.
(2021-10-23, 07:27)Little_goliath84 Wrote: I try to reproduce the issue and provide the full log.
Great. Ensure you enable debug mode in settings>system>logging and restart Kodi
My Signature
I just tested the Hercules film using German language for both metadata and artwork.
I can confirm your results- there is no fallback images scraped when the requested language is not available.
The only images that were scraped are fanart, poster and keyart. Fanart and keyart don't use language, and poster downloaded the available German poster, even though it is in English.

Hopefully @rmrector might be able to find the cause... https://paste.kodi.tv/uvolibefof.kodi

You can download the artwork manually and place them next to your movie file. Name them exactly like the movie file then append the artwork type - eg Hercules (2014)-clearart.png Hercules (2014)-banner.jpg etc
My Signature
The fanartTV functionality of the scraper doesn't do fallback language.
(2021-10-23, 18:39)rmrector Wrote: The fanartTV functionality of the scraper doesn't do fallback language.

Thank you for the reply.

That means, that I have to manually "fallback" by refreshing every without a clearlogo?
(2021-10-23, 18:39)rmrector Wrote: The fanartTV functionality of the scraper doesn't do fallback language.
Thanks @rmrector, must have got confused with the differences between all the scrapers. Would you consider adding it?

(2021-10-23, 19:00)Little_goliath84 Wrote: That means, that I have to manually "fallback" by refreshing every without a clearlogo?
You can't scrape an individual artwork. If you change the language to English then Refresh the movie, it will overwrite the German artwork and replace it all with English artwork.
I think the easiest solution is to manually download the clearlogo from fanart.tv

Even better is to install Artwork Dump, which will download all the scraped artwork to your movie folder. Do that in German, to get German artwork.
Then change setting to English and rescrape. The locally saved German artwork will be used and then Artwork Dump will download the missing artwork in English.
My Signature
Quote:I think the easiest solution is to manually download the clearlogo from fanart.tv

I did that with some movies before asking here (I thought I missed some points for scraping clearlogos). Have Movie folders and put short names.

Quote:Even better is to install Artwork Dump, which will download all the scraped artwork to your movie folder. Do that in German, to get German artwork.
Then change setting to English and rescrape. The locally saved German artwork will be used and then Artwork Dump will download the missing artwork in English.

I'll give a try! Thanks for the support! @Karellen @rmrector awesome work!
Quote:Even better is to install Artwork Dump, which will download all the scraped artwork to your movie folder. Do that in German, to get German artwork.

Do you mean change language in the fanart.tv section de to en?
Then force a refresh (e.g. changing the scraper, hit ok and rechange it to themoviedbscraper python?)
I'll give a try! Thanks for the support! @Karellen @rmrector awesome work!
[/quote]
(2021-10-27, 22:22)Little_goliath84 Wrote: Do you mean change language in the fanart.tv section de to en?
Yes. So your first run is in German. That will allow Artwork Dump to download the German artwork.
The second run you change to English and rescrape. This will use the local German artwork that was downloaded, then the second scrape will fill in the blanks with English artwork and download that also.

Hopefully rmrector can consider adding a fallback option.
My Signature
(2021-10-27, 22:27)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-10-27, 22:22)Little_goliath84 Wrote: Do you mean change language in the fanart.tv section de to en?
Yes. So your first run is in German. That will allow Artwork Dump to download the German artwork.
The second run you change to English and rescrape. This will use the local German artwork that was downloaded, then the second scrape will fill in the blanks with English artwork and download that also.

Hi folks, 
just want to highlight few points to others before messing up your library like me  Rofl

First, Artwork Dump only creates copies of the downloaded Artwork from the Scraper into the moviefolder! Comparable to the library export function of Kodi BUT without any nfo file creation. I use the moviedb python scraper.
It's also an easy way to check in the moviefolder, which Artwork was donwloaded and which not (I don't have root permissions on my A95X F4).
If you already have local artwork, don't forget to mark in the Artwork Dump Settings (Settings / Addons / All / Artwork Dump) to enable "don't overwrite existing files", or your local artwork will be overwritten.
If you use info files (where the artwork is noted), it won't show you other artwork than the ones which are set in the nfo files. (I had some nfo files from an older library export when I changed my Android TV Box, I deleted the nfo files to get additional artwork (e.g. from fanart.tv) to be displayed properly in Kodi (Aeon Nox Silvo Skin).
Before rescraping your whole library (it cleans all entries and redownload every artwork!), let run Artwork Dump (whole library run) to ensure that your displayed and well chosen artwork is copied to the Moviefolders, because Kodi scans local content first, then online.
Check the Artwork settings of Kodi in Settings / Media / Videos is set to Maximum: https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Videos#Artwork or choose/whitelist which artwork the scraper should download (for me Fanart, clearlogo, clearart, poster and Landscape is set for movies).
2 ways to update your artwork (after After Dump run beforehand to ensure local copies of the artwork):
1. you can manually refresh each content of every single movie by an individual refresh, point 4.2: Updating_or_removing_videos (wiki)
2. In my case I had a dozen entries without any clearlogos, they not all exist in German. I had to rescrap the whole library => Go to Settings / Media / Videos where the sources are shown. Open the menu of the source, select "change content" and you will see settings. In the Fanart.tv section I only changed preferred language from de to en for scraping the missing clearlogos (the other languages on the main setting page I didn't change). Follow Point 4.1 Refresh Source, Step 4-11: Updating_or_removing_videos (wiki) My folder structure is "Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title". Remark: The other part "Refresh the Source by changing the Scraper in use" didn't work for me.

Run Artwork Dump once again for checking the whole library (again, don't forget to check, if the setting "don't overwrite existing files" and "preload to Kodi cache" are enabled!)

Sources:
Link or zip to the Repository of rmrector (in where you will find Artwork Dump by rmrector): 360078 (thread)
Guide for updating (the library) or removing videos: Updating_or_removing_videos (wiki)
Wiki from Kodi about Artwork (e.g. naming - see ): Artwork (wiki)
Artwork Settings for level of Artwork: https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Videos#Artwork

Quote:Hopefully rmrector can consider adding a fallback option.
For the english part of the world nonsens, but for all other languages like German, Italian, French etc. would that be a nice option preventing rescraping the whole library, especially for those with bigger entries (>400movies). Then it would be possible to automate Artwork Dump for new entries and let it run in the Background after refreshing the library for new entries.
Quote:Save image files locally to speed up library scanning on a new device or a refreshed library, reduce network load, and persist your preferred artwork with a longer life than URLs to web services - they occasionally change.
The only "concern" I found with Artwork Dump is, my movies are located on a network share. I remarked, that the loading time of the artwork was higher than the use of artwork on my Kodi box.
Maybe I'll import the artwork to kodi and delete it on the network share again.

Cheers
(2021-10-27, 22:27)Karellen Wrote:

Hopefully rmrector can consider adding a fallback option.
Hi @Karellen,
I was too optimistic, here the list of Movies that didn't got a clearlogo downloaded in the 2nd en run (fanart.tv section language set to en, scraper settings mainpage set to de).
No nfo files nor additional local artwork in Moviefolders.

2067.Kampf.um.die.Zukunft.2020.German.AC3.DL.1080p.BluRay.x265 - e.g. (hdclearlogo on fanart.tv https://fanart.tv/movie/528085/2067/)
21.Bridges.2019.German.AC3.1080p.BluRay.x265 - (https://fanart.tv/movie/535292/21-bridges/)
Attraction.2.Invasion.2020.German.AC3.1080p.BluRay.x265
Codename.U.N.C.L.E.2015.German.DTS.DL.1080p.BluRay.x265
Crank.2.High.Voltage.2009.German.AC3.1080p.BluRay.x265
Crank.2006.German.DL.AC3.1080p.BluRay.x265
Das.Geheimnis.der.Mondprinzessin.2008.German.DTS.DL.1080p.BluRay.x264
Die.letzten.Krieger.2017.German.AC3.DL.1080p.BluRay.x265
Eine.Frau.mit.berauschenden.Talenten.2020.German.1080p.BluRay.x264
Forrest.Gump.1994.German.AC3.DL.1080p.BluRay.x265
Gantz.-.Spiel.um.dein.Leben.2010.German.AC3.1080p.x265
I.Kill.Giants.2018.German.DTS.1080p.x265
Ip.Man.Final.Fight.2013.German.DTS.DL.1080p.BluRay.x265
John.Carter.Zwischen.den.Welten.2012.German.DTS.1080p.BluRay.x265
Kraftidioten.Einer.nach.dem.anderen.2014.German.AC3.1080p.BluRay.x265
Last.Christmas.2019.German.DTS.DL.1080p.BluRay.x264
OSS.117.Der.Spion.der.sich.liebte.2006.German.DTS.1080p.BluRay.x264
Outlander.2008.German.AC3.1080p.BluRay.x265
R.E.D.2.Noch.Älter.Härter.Besser.2013.German.AC3.DL.1080p.BluRay.x265
Hans.Zimmer.Live.in.Prague.2017.AC3.1080p.BluRay.x265
Midway.-.Fuer.die.Freiheit.2019.German.AC3.DL.1080p.BluRay.x265
Number.23.2007.German.AC3D.1080p.x265
Robot.und.Frank.German.DL.1080p.BluRay.x264
Scorpion.King.Das.Buch.der.Seelen.2018.German.DL.AC3.5.1.1080p.BluRay.x264
Sherlock.Die.Braut.des.Grauens.2016.German.DL.1080p.BluRay.x264
Smokin.Aces.2006.German.DL.1080p.BluRay.x264
Stirb.Langsam.1-5.German.DL.AC3.1080p.BluRay.x265
The.Good.The.Bad.The.Weird.2008.German.DTS.1080p.BluRay.x264
The.International.2009.German.DL.1080p.BluRay.x264
The.Mechanic.2011.German.DL.AC3.1080p.BluRay.x265
The.Scorpion.King.3.Kampf.um.den.Thron.2012.German.DL.1080p.BluRay.x264
The.Scorpion.King.4.Der.verlorene.Thron.2015.German.AC3.1080p.x265
Underworld.Blood.Wars.2016.GERMAN.DL.1080p.HDR.UHD.BluRay.x265

33 out of 380 Movies

Could you pls check if this is on my side only? Scrap german first run, then change fanart.tv preferred language to en. and rescrape. Could it be a naming problem? Those are folder names.

Additional Info:
The movies listed here are from 1 Source Folder. The other recently added sources e.g. universes like DC, Marvel, Star Wars, James Bond were correctly scraped with all logos.
Besides the James Bond source, the universes has clear names and year like Avengers Endgame (2019)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clearlogo vs. HDclearlogo - TheMoviedb Python Scraper0