Exporting Media Library Not Working Properly
Not used this feature in years... but decided that since I just reinstalled my OS and software for my player that I'll Export the library now that I have it just right.

I chose to do as 1 single file not multiples. I saved to my network shared drive as a backup.

When I looked in the ...\kodi_videodb_2021-10-21\ folder I see folders for actors, movies, musicvideos and tvshows. I have actor thumbs disabled, and no music videos, so those folders are empty as expected.

The tvshows folder is also empty even though I have 163 folders, most with subfolders.

The movies folder has 731 files, which is about 36 files less than I have movies, plus 81 of them aren't jpg files. The titles in some cases are truncated, there is no file extension and the file size is 0kb.

Any idea what's happening? Do I need to enable it to create a log file and run the export again then upload?
System 1: HK1 RBox - Android 11, S905X4 Quad-Core, 4GB DDR3 - CoreElec KODI 20.3
System 2: Beelink GT1 Ultimate - Android 7.1, S912 Octa-Core 1.5 GHz, 3GB DDR4 - CoreElec KODI 18
Storage: WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra NAS - 2x4TB WD Blue (WD40EZRZ)
Display: 55" TCL 55R615-CA 4K TV
(2021-10-22, 22:31)THRobinson Wrote: I chose to do as 1 single file not multiples

Using 'separate files' has been the stable and working option with the video library export function for years. Not sure what has changed on the 'single file' export option in the last couple of Kodi versions.
(2021-10-22, 22:54)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-10-22, 22:31)THRobinson Wrote: I chose to do as 1 single file not multiples

Using 'separate files' has been the stable and working option with the video library export function for years. Not sure what has changed on the 'single file' export option in the last couple of Kodi versions.
So... single file is obsolete and should be removed? or should work but not sure?
System 1: HK1 RBox - Android 11, S905X4 Quad-Core, 4GB DDR3 - CoreElec KODI 20.3
System 2: Beelink GT1 Ultimate - Android 7.1, S912 Octa-Core 1.5 GHz, 3GB DDR4 - CoreElec KODI 18
(2021-10-22, 23:09)THRobinson Wrote: So... single file is obsolete and should be removed?
Not obsolete, just not recommended by us. See red note here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Import-export_lib...ingle_File

(2021-10-22, 23:09)THRobinson Wrote: or should work but not sure?
This. I'll run it on my library and see what happens. I assume you are using local SQL setup, not MySQL
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-10-22, 23:30)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-10-22, 23:09)THRobinson Wrote: So... single file is obsolete and should be removed?
Not obsolete, just not recommended by us. See red note here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Import-export_lib...ingle_File
(2021-10-22, 23:09)THRobinson Wrote: or should work but not sure?
This. I'll run it on my library and see what happens. I assume you are using local SQL setup, not MySQL
Haha... you're also assuming I know what that means. Big Grin

No idea. I just install the basics and hope it works.

I tried the separate file, didn't like that at all. I was hoping to have a file/folder saved on my desktop PC along with my backup files, then if ever needed, I just move to my shared folder and restore. The separate files didn't ask for a destination, just added everything to the drives with the media files... Which I sorta understand why... but not sure how it's a backup to import from. Though I supposed if ever a crash and I reinstall it just auto detects the jpg/nfo files?

Personally, I like how I have things setup without the jpg/nfo mixed in with the other files.
(2021-10-23, 10:49)THRobinson Wrote: Though I supposed if ever a crash and I reinstall it just auto detects the jpg/nfo files?
Yes
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-10-23, 10:51)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-10-23, 10:49)THRobinson Wrote: Though I supposed if ever a crash and I reinstall it just auto detects the jpg/nfo files?
Yes

Hmm... actually, that may solve an issue.

I have a MyCloud NAS setup, but instead of a RAID I have it set up with 2 drives reading as 2 separate drives.

1 drive is all movies, no folders just mkv/mp4 files formatted as "Title (YEAR).mkv", pretty simple.

1 drive is all TV series... Folder with the series name, and subs for Season 1 , Season 2, etc... and inside those in most cases I have a SUBS folder. Files name "SERIES - S01E01 - TITILE.mkv".

I have 2 identical BEELINK Android boxes, a bit older now but work perfectly fine, I can stream big 15GB files like Avengers, with 10bit colour, 2160p, around 10,000 kb/s bitrate without a single stutter... hard to warrant upgrading. Both have an SD card bypassing the O/S and running CoreElec. No more updates for my model anymore, final update was a month or so ago.

Anyways... mine is always cleaned and updated and if the wrong movie/series gets scraped I correct it by manually scraping. The other Beelink, is in the family room... every few months I have to go clean it up.

Can I delete the local copies of the nfo/art on both Beelinks, and have both read from the MyCloud NAS? Disable scraping off the 2nd Beelink, and update/scrape only on mine, and clean etc and both Beelinks will see the same things?

Does that make sense?

Do everything on my Beelink, and the other one is basically a mirror?
(2021-10-23, 11:09)THRobinson Wrote: Can I delete the local copies of the nfo/art on both Beelinks,
The Beelinks won't have copies of nfo/art. Or do you mean the library?
I think what you are asking is to share one library between 3 Kodi's. You will need a MySQL setup... MySQL (wiki)

If that is not what you want, then scrape your media on your main Kodi. Export to Separate Files. Then run an Update Library on the other two boxes. (Single file export won't work here)
Also, don't export artwork, as you end up with the modified artwork in the cache. Install Artwork Dump and let it download the original artwork for you.
My Signature
Yeah that MySQL looks like the right idea.... 

Basically, I have a cascading network.... the MyCloudEX2 NAS, my desktop PC and my Beelink are all plugged in with CAT6 ethernet to a router in the same room.

I then have a Cat6 ethernet cable running in the basement from the back of the house to the front plugged into another router (which is the one the internet comes into the house with) and the Beelink2 is plugged directly into that.

So... both Beelink1 and Beelink2 are ethernet connected on the same cascading network.

I do all the video encoding, renaming and transferring from my desktop PC to the NAS. Beelink1 is what I use and it's cleaned weekly, updated at startup, etc. Beelink2 is the family room, where it's set to update at startup, but they keep forgetting to shut it off, and they never run the cleaner and if stuff scrapes incorrectly it stays that way until I come clean it up.

So, each Beelink (1 and 2) I guess has it's own library on the SD Card, and both have different poster art, fan art, watched/unwatched status etc.... Beelink1 also has full read/write/delete access plus shared to my desktop PC, Beelink2 shares with a read-only account to prevent them from deleting stuff.

(2021-10-24, 04:28)THRobinson Wrote: Basically, I have a cascading network

If all connected devices are using the same DHCP pool, and use the same subnetwork, then the cascading part is not an issue. Kodi processes the full path for each video file, so the number of sources is in theory endless.

You can also keep both Beelink databases separately on a MySQL server, if you want separate watch statuses for each client. The Kodi video database is a bit more demanding for an SDcard because of all small (re)writes to the database files. A HDD or SSD provides more stability, an SDcard will start to wear out sooner rather than later.
Hmm... not too worried about watched/unwatched status... more having BEELINK2 look like my BEELINK1 in terms of being updated and correct scraping and artwork etc... 

I'll have to do some research I guess. Not sure how a MySQL server works on a MyCloud. My old setup, the server was a small old computer with an OS installed... MyCloud is kinda it's own thing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Exporting Media Library Not Working Properly0