v19 Grouping in recordings view does nothing
I'm running Kodi 19.2 with latest plugin updates and recently updated TVHeadend to 4.3-1979~g8fc2dfa7e. Previously I was using "4.2.8-36~g5bdcfd8ac~stretch".

In Kodi recordings list view there is "Group" option which worked previously fine, but now same titles are not grouped to same "folder" anymore e.g. option in Kodi does nothing. What I have in my recordings folder on disk is "TitleHere.ts" and "TitleHere-1.ts" which both I would like to find in Kodi in "TitleHere" folder.

Again I'm not sure if this is a Kodi or TVHeadend problem, because I don't know what logic is involved with grouping
Ok it seems that to make "Group Items" option in Kodi work you need to enable TVHeadend settings Configuration -> Recording -> (Default profile) -> "Make subdirectories per title"
(2021-10-23, 15:41)Koder123 Wrote: Ok it seems that to make "Group Items" option in Kodi work you need to enable TVHeadend settings Configuration -> Recording -> (Default profile) -> "Make subdirectories per title"

Yes, and it was always like this. So your statement that "it worked in earlier versions of Kodi" is not correct.
(2021-10-23, 22:46)ksooo Wrote:
(2021-10-23, 15:41)Koder123 Wrote: Ok it seems that to make "Group Items" option in Kodi work you need to enable TVHeadend settings Configuration -> Recording -> (Default profile) -> "Make subdirectories per title"

Yes, and it was always like this. So your statement that "it worked in earlier versions of Kodi" is not correct.

My "statement" was that this worked before all recent updates both Kodi and TVH

It seems that TVH update has different defaults or messed my old config some other way because I have had configure stuff I never did before.
(2021-10-24, 10:04)Koder123 Wrote:
(2021-10-23, 22:46)ksooo Wrote:

It seems that TVH update has different defaults or messed my old config some other way because I have had configure stuff I never did before.

So it works with Kodi 19.2 and tvh 4.2 but not with same Kodi 19.2 installation and tvh 4.3?
(2021-10-24, 11:36)ksooo Wrote:
(2021-10-24, 10:04)Koder123 Wrote:
(2021-10-23, 22:46)ksooo Wrote: Yes, and it was always like this. So your statement that "it worked in earlier versions of Kodi" is not correct.

So it works with Kodi 19.2 and tvh 4.2 but not with same Kodi 19.2 installation and tvh 4.3?
What "works" depends on TVH settings obviously. I can't verify what defaults are in 4.2 but after upgrade to 4.3 and then restoring 4.2 config on top of that from backup surely messed a few things. The problem is, TVH has about a thousand config values and it's impossible know what part of them affect Kodi side and how.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Grouping in recordings view does nothing0